crossouttheiis

This is the brown speckle I'm talking about bg

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/2011-04-18_22-40-42_437.jpg

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Kinda hard to see but it just looks like there tinged from the roots excel

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Might consider pruning the root runner back about 15-25%. This will encourage better lateral rooting, and avoid longer "tap" style roots running rampant. IMO

C

crossouttheiis

Ill have to do that in the next couple days. I am excited to see the growth when I get back in a couple days.

After I bent the girls over all of the side shoots were about 2cm long. I hope they are inches. I am wondering how long I will have to veg these girls. I am guessing it will probably be about a month before I get them to the size I want for flower.

I

indoorherbs

I've never been a believer in cutting roots.

If you want to encourage more growth I always recommend making the plant think it needs to work harder - lower the water level a little. The more difficult it is to get enough nutes and water the more roots it sends out to look for that.

Just don't do a major change all at once because if too much of the roots dry out it can cause damage. I've also gotten really good results with Voodoo Juice.

C

crossouttheiis

I left the water a little high because I left on vacation for a little while and the first day there was only a few shoots. I agree with you completely about water level, but I figure they will be drinking a shit ton by the time I get back home.

Thank you for the input. I am not sure If I will be cutting any roots unless they start to get clogged in the pvc. We will see how they look when I get back. I am getting really excited for this round.

C

crossouttheiis

So I finally am back and with a few updates. Everything survived but I am noticing a bit of a deficiency if you uc pros out there can lend a hand/ thought. Here is a picture of the common deficiencies I saw...

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/2011-04-25_16-03-41_659.jpg

Here are pictures of the garden now.

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/2011-04-25_16-16-17_763.jpg

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/2011-04-25_16-16-29_398.jpg

Temp: 74 f
Co2: 1200 ppm
Ph: 6.2
Ppm: 325-375
water temp: 65 F ( the chiller turns on once every four hours for a couple minutes lol)

The only thing I could really nail down as possibles was mg,zn,mn, possibly salt build up there is a bit of upward fringe on a lot of leaves?

Any help thanks

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Are you seeing the ppms decrease and your ph go up? What's your day/night humidity? I like 78-80 degrees and 50-60% humidity

C

crossouttheiis

Ph and ppm stayed the same for the week I was gone. Tep is constant 75. Humidity is a bit low 22%

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I gotta agree with sealed138 on the ambient environment for temps and RH... I also think the CO2 is a bit high at this stage... Are the leaves and petioles turgid or flaccid? And can you take some shots with the flash on and HPS off? :wondering

In the meantime, here's a quick quote on VPD from cannabis culture:
If humidity is too low (i.e. high VPD), the stomata on the leaves tend to close in order to limit transpiration and prevent wilting. This closing of the stomata will also limit the rate of CO2 uptake and hence limit photosynthesis and consequently plant growth. Low humidity also reduces turgidity (water pressure within the plant cells) and this in turn also restricts growth. Blossom end rot in tomatoes and capsicum can also be attributed to low humidity (high VPD).

Conversely, if humidity is too high (i.e. low VPD) the stomata will fully open but even so the plants will be unable to evaporate enough water to carry minerals into the plant and so again, growth will be impeded and mineral deficiencies (particularly calcium) may occur. In addition, the plants may exhibit soft growth, fungal problems and mineral deficiency symptoms.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
You might consider diluting your solution to around 200 ppms until they start to consume nutes again

A couple cheap humidifiers will have you at 50-60% in no time.

C

crossouttheiis

Todays plan is to get a couple humidifiers and im going to flush my system and down ppm. Thanks guys.

One weird thing is ppm have stayed the same for a week but plants have grown

Shady, I can cut co2 I just have a sealed room so there is no fresh air. Ill get some pictures with the lights off though

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Ahh... I forgot that this was a sealed room... I've read a few journals that started veg with 1200 PPM of CO2 and the plants looked similar. Maybe you could get it down to 900 PPM... then ramp it back up once they are established and dialed-in? :wondering

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Ahh... I forgot that this was a sealed room... I've read a few journals that started veg with 1200 PPM of CO2 and the plants looked similar. Maybe you could get it down to 900 PPM... then ramp it back up once they are established and dialed-in? :wondering

Good advice. Give them a week or two of light duty and they'll be rockin in no time. Sounds like you're on the right track.

C

crossouttheiis

Here is a picture with flash...

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/2011-04-26_08-39-11_395.jpg

Im heading to pick up a humidifier right this minute. Thanks again guys. Im going to go without co2 for the next week.

What ate your guys thoughts on no change in ppm or...ph though?

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I think it means your nutrient solution is too strong. Daniel at cc told me to start around 150 ppms and increase gradually from there.

I'm about to flip and I'm at 490. The plants eat 10-20 ppms per day

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Read desertsquirrels page about available nutrient profiles. It will show you how ph and nutrient uptake are related.

Top Bottom