So i noticed sum little white aphids i ordered neam oil does it work or will it harm my plants?

• Thread starter Rebeccalovato777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

So i noticed sum little white aphids i ordered neam oil does it work or will it harm my plants?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Neem works OK but for aphids you can make your own with 40/60 cows milk and water. A few drops of Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle of water will work also. Vinegar, castille soap and water is another DIY aphid solution.

For a larger crop I use a pesticide called Azamax. It is a derivative of Neem oil. It's safe to use on vegetables and flowers and can be used up to 10 days before harvest.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
cows milk + water is not the same as neem oil. Neem comes from the neem plant. milk is used for powdery milk. neem used for insects. keep in mind neem is systemic, meaning it is ingested by the plant and runs through its vascular system vs being a surface treatment like spinosad or milk.

also, may i recommend starting a grow thread + searching. starting threads on every new question you have clogs search and creates noise on the timeline, which reduces the quality of the forum overall. don't take this as me being rude. i've seen you start multiple new threads that go nowhere (clogs search results) and ask questions on those threads that have been answered hundreds of times prior. consider this me empowering you to be successful.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

cows milk + water is not the same as neem oil. Neem comes from the neem plant. milk is used for powdery milk. neem used for insects. keep in mind neem is systemic, meaning it is ingested by the plant and runs through its vascular system vs being a surface treatment like spinosad or milk.

also, may i recommend starting a grow thread + searching. starting threads on every new question you have clogs search and creates noise on the timeline, which reduces the quality of the forum overall. don't take this as me being rude. i've seen you start multiple new threads that go nowhere (clogs search results) and ask questions on those threads that have been answered hundreds of times prior. consider this me empowering you to .be successful.

also, may i recommend starting a grow thread + searching. starting threads on every new question you have clogs search and creates noise on the timeline, which reduces the quality of the forum overall. don't take this as me being rude. i've seen you start multiple new threads that go nowhere (clogs search results) and ask questions on those threads that have been answered hundreds of times prior. consider this me empowering you to be successful.
Sorry wasn't aware of that I'm new to the group! Wasn't aware it was doing that!

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Neem works OK but for aphids you can make your own with 40/60 cows milk and water. A few drops of Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle of water will work also. Vinegar, castille soap and water is another DIY aphid solution.

For a larger crop I use a pesticide called Azamax. It is a derivative of Neem oil. It's safe to use on vegetables and flowers and can be used up to 10 days before harvest.
So it's probably better to use something natural as cows milk! I read dish soap can hurt the plant I seen someone's results maybe they used to much soap! I don't k ow exactly if there aphids I'll upload a good picture tomorrow!

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

How do I start a grow thread I was wondering how to do that?

Heywood

Heywood

Just go to the "Grow Diaries" section of the forum and start a thread there. This below link will take you there.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Just go to the "Grow Diaries" section of the forum and start a thread there. This below link will take you there.

Thank you I appreciate that! And I just continue to post on that same thread right? Sorry I'm just new to threads!

Heywood

Heywood

Thank you I appreciate that! And I just continue to post on that same thread right? Sorry I'm just new to threads!
You're OK... Don't worry. Yeah, start a grow thread there and then you can contain the bulk of your questions there as well as journal your grow progress.

@tobh gives excellent guidance above. For questions like your aphids one, use the search function, it works very well on this forum and that question has undoubtedly been answered many times over during the lifetime of this forum.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

You're OK... Don't worry. Yeah, start a grow thread there and then you can contain the bulk of your questions there as well as journal your grow progress.

@tobh gives excellent guidance above. For questions like your aphids one, use the search function, it works very well on this forum and that question has undoubtedly been answered many times over during the lifetime of this forum.
Yeah I figured it out yesterday thank you for all the help and kindness 🙏

Itman

Itman

Neem is good Rebecca I have used above witches brews and you can come unstuck.
Good quality Neem is safe..taken from the net in Australia.

Neem oil is particularly effective against small soft-bodied insects. Examples include aphids, thrips, spider mites, mealybugs, scale, and white flies. When applied directly, the oil can coat their bodies and kill them – or otherwise interfere with reproduction and feeding.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Neem is good Rebecca I have used above witches brews and you can come unstuck.
Good quality Neem is safe..taken from the net in Australia.

Neem oil is particularly effective against small soft-bodied insects. Examples include aphids, thrips, spider mites, mealybugs, scale, and white flies. When applied directly, the oil can coat their bodies and kill them – or otherwise interfere with reproduction and feeding.
Can you use it inside

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Neem oil is best to be used during vegative stage. Most growers don't use it during flower as it gives it nasty taste and more.
I've heared white powdry sulphar, or even Lost cost planet theraphy is safer during flower to be used.

Itman

Itman

Neem oil is best to be used during vegative stage. Most growers don't use it during flower as it gives it nasty taste and more.
I've heared white powdry sulphar, or even Lost cost planet theraphy is safer during flower to be used.
If used I veg you should eliminate any problems due to it being systemic natured

Top Bottom