So over FF and the bugs!!!!!

• Thread starter Thedanibaby89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

The only time i got gnats in ff i think the eggs were on the outside of the bag because they were flying around the bags in the store.

R

redshift75

you could sterilize it. but this will happen to anyone potentially. Transit and all that. Somewhere in my post history is something about that subject

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Also never had seen more than a gnat or two that went away if i dried out my room more until i tried other soils. Then i had gnats and root aphids.

But i still think they come from the store not the soil plant. Growers bring in pests. Bags are stored wet. Etc.

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

Thanks for the link will have to try it out!
Also,how exactly does this work?
Do the microbes attack the larvae stage?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the link will have to try it out!
Also,how exactly does this work?
Do the microbes attack the larvae stage?

Its a bacteria that specifically targets mosquitos and fungus gnat larvae. They eat it and it damages and kills them.

It is used commercially to eliminate mosquitos from ponds in parks and golf courses and the like.

Madbud

Madbud

Its a bacteria that specifically targets mosquitos and fungus gnat larvae. They eat it and it damages and kills them.

It is used commercially to eliminate mosquitos from ponds in parks and golf courses and the like.
BTI is the subspecies, listed on the bottle.

Thedanibaby89

Thedanibaby89

I have had issues before when I ordered from Amazon. When I pick up from my local grow store, no issues. I think it’s how it’s stored.

Agreed. Got mine from the local market. It’s a bad year for fungus gnats!

anyways looking better and about to give nutrients just trying to decide what to go with
28085A59 131A 4E53 B260 C542C566F927

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

grow stores and storage facilitys for shipping can become a ripe under ground for gnats, there used to be a store here that evey bag had it, youd get black gold, youd get FFOF and it would have it. Look into peroxide and BT. Better yet look into building your own soil; ever look on the back of you r compost or EWC? They all have ammendments in em' its beacuse they are a ton of filler and bull and then they top it off with ammendments to make it seem like its real hot compost lol. Get a bag of Bu's, a few blocks of coco, bag of perlite, rock dust and a lil nutes

Thedanibaby89

Thedanibaby89

grow stores and storage facilitys for shipping can become a ripe under ground for gnats, there used to be a store here that evey bag had it, youd get black gold, youd get FFOF and it would have it. Look into peroxide and BT. Better yet look into building your own soil; ever look on the back of you r compost or EWC? They all have ammendments in em' its beacuse they are a ton of filler and bull and then they top it off with ammendments to make it seem like its real hot compost lol. Get a bag of Bu's, a few blocks of coco, bag of perlite, rock dust and a lil nutes

ooo Thanks for the info!! I really really wanna try coco in one of my cycles, but I'm super leery because I need to learn everything the plant needs nutrition wise. I need to transplant, so I really need new medium, and soon!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Food grade peroxide diluted to .5% will kill fungus gnat larvae

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

3% food grade peroxide mixed at 5 parts water to 1 part peroxide. Water into Soil and spray the plant at the base up about a few inches from soil level

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Water them one time with physan 20 3ml per 5 gallons and the larvae will die.easy peasy

Latest posts

Top Bottom