So over FF and the bugs!!!!!

• Thread starter Thedanibaby89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thedanibaby89

Thedanibaby89

Second round of seedlings and BOTH times I have bugs. First set I threw out didn’t even wait to see what they would be. This time I know. Fungus gnats

I am so irritated

why fox farm whhhhyyy

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Get some yellow sticky traps to help reduce the flying population some Guys use a perlite to cover surface of pot so emerging pest are cut up n dried up . I did see something in the hydro shop here called Kant off a surface covering agent , they don’t like it to be dry so maybe let the FF dry out a bit .... ok that’s me I got nothing else . Od . Good lucky DB .

Thedanibaby89

Thedanibaby89

Get some yellow sticky traps to help reduce the flying population some Guys use a perlite to cover surface of pot so emerging pest are cut up n dried up . I did see something in the hydro shop here called Kant off a surface covering agent , they don’t like it to be dry so maybe let the FF dry out a bit .... ok that’s me I got nothing else . Od . Good lucky DB .

I have extra perlite I will throw some on I have traps to pick up tomorrow and a solution

but dannnng

why! Lol

thanks OD I’m ready to get in the game and this is not how I wanted to start lol

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Second round of seedlings and BOTH times I have bugs. First set I threw out didn’t even wait to see what they would be. This time I know. Fungus gnats

I am so irritated

why fox farm whhhhyyy
Food grade peroxide cut at 69 parts water 1 part 35%. Its around 50 for a gallon..its killed the larvae and eggs for me...i stopped using it and bam week almost 2 they came back...lol..ggo figure didnt have them for 7 fucking months ran out and bam theyre back...go figure! Everyone told me i was crazy to use it...oh, it dont work....well fuck me it does

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Food grade peroxide cut at 69 parts water 1 part 35%. Its around 50 for a gallon..its killed the larvae and eggs for me...i stopped using it and bam week almost 2 they came back...lol..ggo figure didnt have them for 7 fucking months ran out and bam theyre back...go figure! Everyone told me i was crazy to use it...oh, it dont work....well fuck me it does
+1
3% h2o2 works just fine. Research h2o2 soil wash. I have an article somewhere around here I’ll have to find it. Not good to do it often though.

*edited
Since my switch to coco, I haven’t seen a single pest soul in my room.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

+1
3% h2o2 works just fine. Research h2o2 soil wash. I have an article somewhere around here I’ll have to find it. Not good to do it often though.

*edited
Since my switch to coco, I haven’t seen a single pest soul in my room.

Never use store bought h202..the stabilizer used is carcinogenic..DONT USE IT!! FOOD GRADE ONLY. You can buy food grade 3% maybe not sure...

quirk

quirk

I prefer FF soils in my mix and as a preventative to soil borne pests, pre-moisten with an organic (d-limonene) cold pressed orange oil drench
and let acclimate in grow room before placing newly sprouted seedlings. Then to toughen leaf growth and increase brix, regularly foliar spray
with Liquid Seaweed, throughout grow. This regimen, along with proper watering technique ( not too often) has eliminated pest problems on my indoor grows. Both products are Medina brand as they are local. Sorry for the dissertation.

visajoe1

visajoe1

No issues with FF to report, love it. All soils will have some bugs IMO, its soil. I've had some lower quality soils before that were loaded with gnats. When you have bad soil, you really know. Its possible the location you got it from caused deterioration to the soil quality, just depends if it was cared for correctly.

N

Newber

been running mother earth and love it... just has more perlite than FF otherwise the same! 😎 but I do love me Fox Farms... grow big, tiger bloom, ocean forest... the virus just shut them down awhile so ended up with a pallet of the other... glad the bugs are sorted out man

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

I’ve had fungus gnat problems as soon as I started FFOF soil! Well can’t really call it soil!
Has anyone actually put some of it in water??
It’s like 75% wood chips!! I was so disappointed!!! And still fighting some kind of issue with a deficiency also!
Think I’m gonna switch to coco!

N

Newber

Personally never had an issue, i mean some bags have different consistencies, but they all do at times. Just was trying something new! Sorry to hear you are having issues though. Hope they get sorted out! I was also thinking of going coco but haven't taken them plunge yet! might jump coco straight to hydro. Buddy has an auto PH'er and it waters by itself, just changes reservoir water like once a week... its SWEET!😎👌

Last edited:
N

Newber

and also, use a little bottle of MisquitoBits. just sprinkle on the dort and never worry again about gnats

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I notice when i buy my ff at my guys hydro store the dirt is clean lol, if he can get it, when i order online without exeptions i get bugs mostly gnats, a bit of de earth solves the problem but one time i got thrips, wallmart and Amozon probably keep in an un clean warehouse with other garden supplys thus the bugs, my guy is haveing a hard time getting in stock bc of flu.

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

The DE earth didn’t work for me. And I let my plants get so dry between feedings they would droop,and still have them. I see maybe 2-3 in the tents but the yellow sticky traps have some on them. Guess I need to find the mosquito stuff!
Where,and exactly what are you using?
Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom