So overwhelmed, I need a mentor! :)

• Thread starter WickedMichelle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

OMG! No wonder I am paying 75.00 a quarter. 🙀

Seeds came yesterday, I really want to get them in some soil. I need to go get different soil, I guess the Ocean Forest is too hot for seeds..... FML.... always something! We had some storms yesterday, I was going to go after work but it would have been a bag of mud by time I walked home 🤣 I can go tomorrow after work... today is a late day for me 😞
$75 a quarter, ouch!
We have a dispensary on a reservation near me, Ounces for $100 all day long!

Fox Farm Happy Frog is an excellent soil to start seeds in, highly recommend especially since you are going to be using Ocean Forest anyways and is sold by the same company.

Then when your plants are ready to transplant into final pot, you can take 2 parts of your Ocean Forest and mix it with 1 part of Happy Frog.

71VQjJ2z2L

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Fox Farm Light Warrior is a good starter soil. If you start your seeds in nursery cups, you should be able to transplant them to Ocean Forest.

Get some perlite and mix it into your soil. That's important.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

$75 a quarter, ouch!
We have a dispensary on a reservation near me, Ounces for $100 all day long!

Fox Farm Happy Frog is an excellent soil to start seeds in, highly recommend especially since you are going to be using Ocean Forest anyways and is sold by the same company.

Then when your plants are ready to transplant into final pot, you can take 2 parts of your Ocean Forest and mix it with 1 part of Happy Frog.

View attachment 2176138
The downside to not having a car. Reservations are the only legal place to purchase atm. Minnesota legalized but no where to buy until they figure out their law. So ass backwards.

I see there is an authorized dealer for advanced nutrients. I believe this is the place a friend mentioned to me. I am going down this list from the advance nutrients website and they do not have everything the chart recommends. Synthetic or Organic.

Looking at the mix, the 250ml will be fine and are cheap in comparison to the larger bottles. Not as many in the smaller ones unfortunately.

Newty

Newty

What germination method do you plan on using?
I personally soak my seeds in a shot glass of bottled spring water for 12-16 hours. I then move them to damp paper towels and wait for tap roots to appear.
Once I have tap roots, I plant them in red solo cups in Happy Frog.

Newty

Newty

Fox Farm Light Warrior is a good starter soil. If you start your seeds in nursery cups, you should be able to transplant them to Ocean Forest.

Get some perlite and mix it into your soil. That's important.
I've tried Light Warrior in the past and had to feed nutes pretty quickly and is why I changed to Happy Frog, have you ever had this issue starting seeds in Light Warrior?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I've tried Light Warrior in the past and had to feed nutes pretty quickly and is why I changed to Happy Frog, have you ever had this issue starting seeds in Light Warrior?
Not that I've noticed. There are enough nutrients in the seed for several weeks of growth. I've also started clones in it. Kelp fertilizer works well at that stage of plant growth.

Something I like about FFLW is it's a good medium for root growth. I've started seeds in FFHF, too, and the plant grew well. So, other media are okay, too.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

What germination method do you plan on using?
I have always had good luck with a wet paper towel in a dark closet. Where I have had luck with the seed in towel, I have lost a few in the transplant.

I am going to try the seed in soil method this run. I have read a "how to" from the site I purchased my seeds from. Going to start in the peat cups then transplant into slightly larger pots until ready for the final pot.

I purchased a seed heating mat to keep a constant temp. I worry about moisture. I hope the soil and peat cups will hold enough until sprouted and can have light. Maybe a separate container of water on the mat and a cover to contain the moisture from it.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Gaia green 4 4 4 and gaia green 2 8 4 plus some good worm castings and some real growers recharge would make your life so much easier. Just something to think about, also when popping seeds warmth is a key.i also find if humidity is lower the seedlings do fine but the shell is always stuck on when it comes out of the soil. so a humidity dome until the seed comes up helps. Good luck ✌️

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Gaia green 4 4 4 and gaia green 2 8 4 plus some good worm castings and some real growers recharge would make your life so much easier.
+1 Top dressing dry nutrients once every few weeks is so much easier than mixing liquids.

By the way... I'm using biochar for the first time with my Bubblegum clones. It's supposed to promote microbe growth. So far, I think it's helping. It's only been a few weeks, though.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Gaia green 4 4 4 and gaia green 2 8 4 plus some good worm castings and some real growers recharge would make your life so much easier.
That is a familiar name. I will check them out. 👍

Question.... it looks like advanced nutrients are for growing marijuana. Wouldn't a company dedicated to the growth promotion of a specific species formulate their chemicals especially for that plants best growth?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
+1 Top dressing dry nutrients once every few weeks is so much easier than mixing liquids.

By the way... I'm using biochar for the first time with my Bubblegum clones. It's supposed to promote microbe growth. So far, I think it's helping. It's only been a few weeks, though.
You want to pre charge it first and yea its like a condominium for microbes. It will leach nutrients if you don't pre charge it though.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
That is a familiar name. I will check them out. 👍

Question.... it looks like advanced nutrients are for growing marijuana. Wouldn't a company dedicated to the growth promotion of a specific species formulate their chemicals especially for that plants best growth?
In short no, they want to make money. If you do go liquid make sure they are chelated. But dry amendments is how nature does it and myself personally. These are in week 6 with about 3 to go in 7 gallon pots. I do water only minus an occasional tea. It's up to you but it's so much easier to water only.
Top photo is @Captspaulding genetics cali blue and the lower photo is atlas seeds papaya candy ✌️

20240520 203041
20240520 203056
WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

I started looking over the Gala Green, 24.00 for the combo. Not bad. The recharge was a bit pricey, worm castings not too bad.....

What would a top dressing be?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I don't believe so. Marijuana has its idiosyncrasies, but at the end of the day, it's just a green plant. N-P-K is nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium everywhere. Many growers use Gaia Green nutrients with excellent results.

It's just a mix of nutrients added to the top of the soil and watered in. I add some soil to the nutrients along with a few other substances, like Epsom salt for its magnesium and sulfur content.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

It's just a mix of nutrients added to the top of the soil and watered in. I add some soil to the nutrients along with a few other substances, like Epsom salt for its magnesium and sulfur content.
this does seem like a cheaper solution. I saw the recommend chart from Adv. Nut. and my eyes popped out! 😲

I think I can get these at the local hardware store where I purchased the soil. I think I even saw the earthworm castings as well. Not sure about the recharge. If nothing else... I can amazon it. I don't like doing delivery in our new apartment. There is no place to leave packages except exposed to the public. ☹️

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
this does seem like a cheaper solution. I saw the recommend chart from Adv. Nut. and my eyes popped out! 😲
There can be significant costs to starting up. Once you're all set up, though, you can go several grows with minimal additional costs. Harvesting half a pound of bud or more makes it all worthwhile.

I think I can get these at the local hardware store where I purchased the soil. I think I even saw the earthworm castings as well. Not sure about the recharge. If nothing else... I can amazon it. I don't like doing delivery in our new apartment. There is no place to leave packages except exposed to the public. ☹️
Do you have Amazon lockers nearby? We used those when we lived in an apartment.

There are alternatives to Recharge. It's a good one, though. I've been using something called Mykos. They add beneficial microbes to the soil. They're fungus that helps the roots. Creating a healthy root zone (rhizosphere) is the essence of organic growing.

Now we're talking about soil mixtures. It's a complex topic by itself. I think you're off to a good start.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I started looking over the Gala Green, 24.00 for the combo. Not bad. The recharge was a bit pricey, worm castings not too bad.....

Recharge last forever so its worth it you don't need a lot. Top dress would be depending on the phase but some gaia, worm castings. You could top dress once going into flower and be good. The recharge will help save you from mistakes it's like a compost tea, it corrects a lot of stuff. 1/2 teaspoon per gallon so it goes a long way. Just my opinion though

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Patience is not a virtue I hold.... LOL. One way or another this is getting started Friday (my next day off).

I want to have everything on hand before I start. Proper preparation is important to me. I really do not know what any of these nutrients are so I may go with a more affordable way this 1st grow and see what happens. The tent was more than I wanted to spend but less than I could have LOL.

I have the 5 different seeds... if all sprout I can do 2 grows. I do not want to go more than 3 in this tent... my luck I will get monster plants and not have enough room for all 3 🤣

Maybe I should just start with 2. Watermelon and Purple. Save the Sherbet and Critical for the 2nd grow. Use the freebie (og kush) for the cannabonzi. I was thinking of growing one with natural sun, we get a lot in our apartment. Might be too late in the season for that... or does it matter if still indoors? I would do the cannabonzi in the natural light so I guess it would not matter if it flowered or not. More for a decorative plant than anything. 😁

I still have to run the intake hose on my tent.... there are not enough hours in a day 😁

Thanks again.... off to work. Will check back later.

Z

Zab

I started researching Advanced Nutrients, as recommended. I noticed they have an organic line. Anyone using OG Organics? Some of the names are the same as their synthetics... Like Bud Candy..... Love that name LOL.

How much should I buy? Or how much will I need for 3-6 plants a year. I can grow up to 4 at a time.... My tent will hold 1-3 depending on the grow. I have seen a photo of one persons plant in a 3x3 that filled the entire tent. OMG that thing was beautiful! I have been told I can possible get 2 grows a year in depending on the seeds and plant. Will a quart of each work? There is a feeding schedule I was looking at from this company. One had 10 different recommended nutrients, the other had 16. OMG! No wonder I am paying 75.00 a quarter. 🙀

Seeds came yesterday, I really want to get them in some soil. I need to go get different soil, I guess the Ocean Forest is too hot for seeds..... FML.... always something! We had some storms yesterday, I was going to go after work but it would have been a bag of mud by time I walked home 🤣 I can go tomorrow after work... today is a late day for me 😞

Anyway.... call me new, inexperienced, ignorant.... but I do like the hype this company is putting out on their site. If anyone is using them, synthetic or organic, please advise me on a decent regiment for a good grow. If I do need to go with the entire suggested line then I guess I can get smaller bottles and spread them out. It looks like I would have 4 weeks before I would need the full list.

Thanks again everyone.... 👍

Their suggested routine:
You don't need all that stuff it's a waste of money, my opinion of course🤑

Top Bottom