So The Diy Undercurrent Begins

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

The totes are surprisingly thick, I was very surpised.

As for the water pump, 900gph, it should be more than enough. If you saw the totes in person you would see that thinking it will be more water because of deepness is wrong.

As for the water cooler my 1/4hp will be more than enough to cool it no problem. Not to mention I like to grow during the winter months to help with heat.

It may not be perfect but I will tell you its head and shoulders above my 5 gallon buckets with 1/2" return lines. With that setup i pulled out really stoney Gelato at .85gpw. I know 1gpw is the standered but I lost a plant and have no doubt it would have been 1gpw.

If I can get this grow at over 1gpw than I will consider it a success but at 1/3rd the time of my last grow.

S

Shawnery

It's not more water than a similar sized bucket and all do a test prove it. 30 gallons went in my 5 gallon setup and I assume I'll get twice as much water in this one.

The current culture uses much taller 8 gallon buckets and they call for a 1/10th cooler and I can tell you for sure mine will do way more than I need.

The only difference between mine and cc is 4 more gallons of water which only comes down to 32 gallons of water. Like I thought that will be twice the amount I used last time.

I don't waste money on nutes and buy dry Masterblend quich is similar to Jack's but different ratios. It's not going to cost much even though it will be twice as much.

Like I said, we'll see how it goes, if I fall on my face my sword will be there as well but that should go the other way as well!

S

Shawnery

I'm confused how the shape of my buckets and an extra 4 gallons per bucket changes my setup from the CC standered to something that will "fail" as was put?

S

Shawnery

Shouldn't larger surface area in a tote vs. a bucket allow for the production of more dissolved oxygen?

I have been reading but I still don't get how 32 gallons and a shallow but wider container makes that much difference?

H

heisen

It's not more water than a similar sized bucket and all do a test prove it. 30 gallons went in my 5 gallon setup and I assume I'll get twice as much water in this one.

The current culture uses much taller 8 gallon buckets and they call for a 1/10th cooler and I can tell you for sure mine will do way more than I need.

The only difference between mine and cc is 4 more gallons of water which only comes down to 32 gallons of water. Like I thought that will be twice the amount I used last time.

I don't waste money on nutes and buy dry Masterblend quich is similar to Jack's but different ratios. It's not going to cost much even though it will be twice as much.

Like I said, we'll see how it goes, if I fall on my face my sword will be there as well but that should go the other way as well!
The gallons are written right on the side of the tote.those look like 17 gallon totes.you will shit when u see how much water all that holds.
You dont need 4 cubic feet of root in a tent bro.in a 4x8 area all u need is 8 to 10 plants to fill it in in 3 weeks tops.
Your supposed to be moving forward here brother not backwards.

H

heisen

Lol I ran a 1/10 chiller on 2 of those 27 gallon totes and it stayed on constantly.a 1/10 chiller on that setup you better wrap em up up in r30 and throw some ice gallon jugs in there to even get a 1 degree drop every hr

S

Shawnery

1/4hp is what I have and these are 12g totes just like this setup that I just found with a little digging. Maybe his system is great, maybe as good as yours, maybe not but it looks to be doing a great job.

H

heisen

Shouldn't larger surface area in a tote vs. a bucket allow for the production of more dissolved oxygen?

I have been reading but I still don't get how 32 gallons and a shallow but wider container makes that much difference?
Of course,you could just go to Walmart and get 2 kiddie pools and forget the pipes for all that but the idea here is efficiency.the least amount of water as necessary.i grew fukin monsters in a 12 gallon 3 bucket setup for over 2 years.chiller ran way less,
All your doing with them.totes is pissing money away.if you got a 1 hp chiller,10 foot ceilings and set on 4 foot center I would be pulling up a seat cheering u on.
Your in a tent man.

H

heisen

1/4hp is what I have and these are 12g totes just like this setup that I just found with a little digging. Maybe his system is great, maybe as good as yours, maybe not but it looks to be doing a great job.

Garbage

S

Shawnery

Your supposed to be moving forward here brother not backwards.

You're making no sense! I move from 1/2" tubes and 5 gallon buckets with a 200gph pump to a system that is designed almost exactly like CC except its 4 gallons bigger.

I think you really think you like me! Because I've always believed that what you said made sense if not to me. But this time you're making no sense at all.

The ONLY difference between this and CC is bulkheads and 8 gallon buckets, or am I missing something?

H

heisen

47 gallons per side,no voids in the scrogs and this was 3 weeks from rooted cuts.
The double scrog is completely a waste of time.
You need to invite that dude to the farm so he can pick up some pointers.

20180527 004616

S

Shawnery

Like I asked,

Set a standered and stand by it or is your point is that it doesn't matter how good my grow might go because its s fail either way?

S

Shawnery

I was talking about his system not his grow design choice!

H

heisen

You're making no sense! I move from 1/2" tubes and 5 gallon buckets with a 200gph pump to a system that is designed almost exactly like CC except its 4 gallons bigger.

I think you really think you like me! Because I've always believed that what you said made sense if not to me. But this time you're making no sense at all.

The ONLY difference between this and CC is bulkheads and 8 gallon buckets, or am I missing something?
Those are 17 gallon gallon totes ya nut.how is it less,1 tote is 3, 5 gallon buckets
No ones hating.that dudes setup is shit

S

Shawnery

You still haven't explained how 4 extra gallons and a shorter but wider bucket turns a thousand dollar bought system into a fail?

H

heisen

Cc uses 4 gallon modules to 27 depending on veg time,they are not recommending 17 gallon modules in a tent.not even if the rep was drunk he would tell you that

H

heisen

You still haven't explained how 4 extra gallons and a shorter but wider bucket turns a thousand dollar bought system into a fail?
Where are you getting 4 extra gallons.those totes are gonna take over 100 gallons to fill up easy

Top Bottom