so this is whats up

• Thread starter chadd419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chadd419

i put my ladys in big buckets,bammm growth spert. solved the nat prob with everyones help .thanks ,here are some pics of my ladys

So this is whats up
So this is whats up 2
So this is whats up 3
soserthc1

soserthc1

What lighting are you using as its seem pretty dull in there .....

flowers should fill them pots up in no time , its time to start training them girls
good luck SoSerThC1

C

chadd419

they're under a 400 watt high pressure sodium I know I should have metal halide but I can't afford a ballast for my thoughts and white metal halide a training them what is that please let me know anything I can do to make my grow to produce more im wit it

soserthc1

soserthc1

400 watt hps in fine they should do well under there ... no worries m/h is better for veg but not much difference .....

L

leafmold

There are a few ways to train your plants. You can train to manipulate shape and to encourage more branching and tops. Supercropping, fimming, lst are the most common. I personally bend my branches sideways and tie them down. This encourages the side shoots to grow vertically and in time turn into main tops. So essentially you can turn 4 branches into 20 or more. There is a science behind this so do some research to fully understand it. Some people fill a 1k light with just 1 plant using training techniques. Looking good though.

Dunge

Dunge

they're under a 400 watt high pressure sodium. please let me know anything I can do to make my grow to produce more im wit it

Pruning and training is an art form.
In most cases you are attempting to present plant tops in an evenly high canopy to an overhead light.
You can bend and tie the taller branches down and even pull the lowers up.
I prefer to develop the lower branches as clone source material.
Trimming early prevents the plant from committing growth energy to material you don't want. So all branching below about half height should be removed.
If you do no trimming the lower buds will never produce more that useless and troublesome "popcorn" bud when lit only from above. I also trim inside branches to reduce crowding in the core.

I would love to read other farmers pruning thoughts.
It's important.

PS I want to throw you some encouragement.
These plants look to me to have the potential to grow great buds.
Looking nice.

L

leafmold

Keep doing what your doing and im sure you will be pleasantly surprised. I dont have a high teck setup or $ for all the fancys. Like you i do what i can.This forum is a goldmine of experience and knowledge. Keep asking you will find awnsers. As far as training/pruning there are many choices. Its a personal preference of what you want to acomplish. Also it is strain dependant. Not all plants react the same.

C

chadd419

alright this is my amnesia haze is this how a sativa dominant hybrid grows or what ? she has come a long way. i got her with one leaf and it was cut up .she came back and is kicking ass

IMG 20130816 172033 0
IMG 20130722 102552 0
L

leafmold

A common practice while cloning is to cut back on the leaf. The idea is that it will minimize transpiration. From my experience sativa dominant hybrids grow with a vengeance if provided the proper environment. Shit sometimes even if you dont. Keep it up she may engolf your whole area.

Bannacis

Bannacis

You can tie down your tops to allow light to get into the inside of your plant, but to really get your lower branches to grow like tops you need to take off the very top nub. You usually start this with a very young start, but on the top shoot spread the leaves gently,
to where you will find the very small top of the plant, (timing is important too) it will be a very small nub that eventually grows out to be a top. You want to pop it off, it should easily fall off. (I use a tooth pick)
When you remove that top, it triggers auxins in the rest of the plant to have the side shoots grow, and they will become super tops.
When you do this when the plant is a few inches tall, before it stretches or starts growing side branches. you will get 2 nice uniformed branches, then you do it to those two, and you will get 4 nice uniformed branches...so on and so on.
As she grows out tie down the branches, soon as they grow you will get a branch start in middle of your tied down branches.
You pop the top off it, and it will produce 2 branches...ect..ect..

Now if you have done this correctly and she has grown normally with out a lot of twisting on pruning she should be uniformed and have a spread of identical branches through out.
IMG 1933 IMG 0339 IMG 0416 this girl was only partially topped, I did do the side topping and so on, but on later girls I did, just haven't any pics of em

C

chadd419

thanks farmer bannacis,makes tottal sence. mine r a lil to old for that but next run for sure

C

chadd419

ok so i took some sticks in the dirt and tied my big branches to them.spread them apart so light can get to the hole plant . my plt og doesnt need it yet but will spread em when it does .here are some picsIMG 20130817 212335 0 IMG 20130817 212335 0

IMG 20130817 212323 0
IMG 20130817 212352 0
IMG 20130817 212352 0
IMG 20130817 212344 0
C

chadd419

o yeah great farmers market today. some killer la con,gpd,hindu kush, and some great gifted nugs. thanks camp 420 you guys rock

C

chadd419

ok so i have taken 2 lower branchs one on my fire og.and one on my amnesia haze, i have laid tjem down so that the will grow around the out side of the plant. i have seen this tie down style befor. so we will c how it gos. ill snap pics now and post in a min

soserthc1

soserthc1

? lets see bro two special plants there hope you cloned them and on the sativa - I would fimm the hell out of them after and before tie down , get as many tops out of them girls as possible ....

C

chadd419

so this is my spam adding and letting my branches grow on the ground to get more tops . I know it's a little bit late in the game but can help to try something new and anyways.

IMG 20130820 063751 0
IMG 20130820 063740 0
Top Bottom