So What Are Your Multiple Feedings Ec And Amounts

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimples

I basically look at it like this..if you are finding the root system not drying out like you want it to and like multiple daily feeds until runoff..throw in some perlite or rice hulls on next transplant or next crop to dial in the right feed/dry down timings. But its not necessary. You can play with pot sizes as well. All dependent on strain..room condtions and dialage/mileage. Look at it this way...the big greenhouses that are replacing rockwool with coco coir for tomatoes and veggies just use big slabs of straight coco coir. They call them cocopeat grow bags but they are actually big thick slabs of straight high quality coco coir. Rio and PeleMix being popular brands for those growers. And those big hot house veggie growers have much thinner profit margins. Only employing equipment, techniques, and inputs that work period. If adding perlite affected the bottom line in a positive and dramatic way..believe me they would be making coco coir blends of all types for optimum production. They are looking for methods to water less..not more.

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

I basically look at it like this..if you are finding the root system not drying out like you want it to and like multiple daily feeds until runoff..throw in some perlite or rice hulls on next transplant or next crop to dial in the right feed/dry down timings. But its not necessary. You can play with pot sizes as well. All dependent on strain..room condtions and dialage/mileage. Look at it this way...the big greenhouses that are replacing rockwool with coco coir for tomatoes and veggies just use big slabs of straight coco coir. They call them cocopeat grow bags but they are actually big thick slabs of straight high quality coco coir. Rio and PeleMix being popular brands for those growers. And those big hot house veggie growers have much thinner profit margins. Only employing equipment, techniques, and inputs that work period. If adding perlite affected the bottom line in a positive and dramatic way..believe me they would be making coco coir blends of all types for optimum production. They are looking for methods to water less..not more.
those companys do make blends for differ crops but not with perlite
they use refined Coir with Chunk coco
more chunk for faster drainage
I def agree with you
this next round I will be going with coco slabs
CalNit/Coco Mix agg nutrients
they sell those slabs for $5.00 a piece
they are 40"x6"x4"

with big agg nutrients
they almost always use
Phosphate/micro mix prt A
CalNit prt B
you can raise or lower N/PK to whatever you need
when you know how many ppms per element you need you can dialed a feed in for exactly that

P

Pimples

those companys do make blends for differ crops but not with perlite
they use refined Coir with Chunk coco
more chunk for faster drainage
I def agree with you
this next round I will be going with coco slabs
CalNit/Coco Mix agg nutrients
they sell those slabs for $5.00 a piece
they are 40"x6"x4"

with big agg nutrients
they almost always use
Phosphate/micro mix prt A
CalNit prt B
you can raise or lower N/PK to whatever you need
when you know how many ppms per element you need you can dialed a feed in for exactly that
Please throw a link on those coco slabs. If ya would. I think those would fit perfect in my Libra Trays. I got a ton of those. Thx homie.

Nugteq

Nugteq

so ya perlite is a pain in ass and its fucking up all my drains. not to mention coloring my backyard white lmao
so you guys make any progress with those slabs whatd you end up going with?

Wisher619

Wisher619

so ya perlite is a pain in ass and its fucking up all my drains. not to mention coloring my backyard white lmao
so you guys make any progress with those slabs whatd you end up going with?
I havnt tried yet
not sure which ones but no matter what I have always used pure coco

Iamrain

Iamrain

I’m at 2.5 weeks with 6 autos in 3 gallon fabric pots- and I’m debating how to “up” my nutrients. I have increased canna a and b to 2.5 ml for A and 2.5 ml of B for a one gallon jug ( this is half strength) and they’ve had that over the last 5 days. Grew triple the size! My ppms have stayed pretty consistent though increasing just a bit since I upped my container size/water. I’m thinking of doing my cal mag at 1/4 strength still at .88ml per gallon. I use a seaweed from blue planet nutrients at 1/4 strength.

Should I be slowly increasing my amount or making bigger jumps in nutrients? When should I be doing half the strength for these feedings? They are in coco all natural with about 25 degree temperature shifts in a solarium, keeping along nicely so far.

Also- I’ve never had run off and I need to check it! Should I split up the nutrients into 2 gallon jugs (doubled) so that my 6 plants in 3 gallon jugs start to get some runoff? That’s what I’m thinking of doing.. and steadily increasing the rest of my nutrients to 1/2 strength these next few weeks till they flower.

Any thoughts on this? They are autoflowers 3 northern lights and 3 blueberry. Any help is much appreciated folks!

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

My feed EC/ppm is mostly going to be predicated by the strain itself. As for volume and frequency of feeding, I typically ramp from transplant day. If I'm going from 1's to 7's I'll give them all a single gallon each after being transplanted and then another gallon two days later to avoid oversaturation. Your room humidity is going to play a part in dry down as well. You definitely don't want to over saturate the new media that has yet to get root growth, but you also want to make sure everything is wet so the roots aren't hitting dry pockets. After those two initial feedings I'll "check the oil" if you will and make sure I have water penetration all the way down to the bottom of the pot by sticking my finger in the drain holes. Then I'll start at roughly a quart a day for the next couple days followed by a quart feeding at 12 hour increments. My goal is typically to feed a healthy plant with a strong root mass around 12-15% of the pots overall capacity (a ten gallon pot will get roughly 1.2-1.5 gallons total per day) while shooting for roughly 15-20% total runoff daily. Once they're filled with roots and eating heavily I typically feed somewhere between 6-8 times per day. I use the Blueprint BDCT-1 photocell timer for anything I'm running with submersible pumps while using either Leader or Walrus inline pumps with nylon valves on my larger projects with a simple irrigation timer or we'll run fertigation systems if we're getting into acreage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom