So What Are Your Multiple Feedings Ec And Amounts

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kot

I think the best way to see if you are giving them enough, less or more is to measure the PPM of the input and output water.

P

Pimples

I think the best way to see if you are giving them enough, less or more is to measure the PPM of the input and output water.
Measuring testing ppm (EC) of.runoff waste solution can be very misleading. You need a slurry test using substrate samples taken from close to the main rootball as possible and using deionized or distilled pure water. There are many tutorials on how to do this simple process on the web and forums. Much more accurate than testing run off waste water for conductivity (ppm of tds) and pH. And input feeds....well thats a given.

K

Kot

Measuring testing ppm (EC) of.runoff waste solution can be very misleading. You need a slurry test using substrate samples taken from close to the main rootball as possible and using deionized or distilled pure water. There are many tutorials on how to do this simple process on the web and forums. Much more accurate than testing run off waste water for conductivity (ppm of tds) and pH. And input feeds....well thats a given.
So how not accuarate the run off method is? If you water with 1000 PPM and the run off is 1000 then what that would mean?

StandingRock

StandingRock

It means that your runoff is 1000 ppm lol Running drain to waste I test my runoff every now and then but as long as you have 20 to 30 percent runoff, your ph in is correct, and your plants don't look hungry or burned you are fine.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I was reading some people go up to 1700 ppm .500 conversion in later bloom but that seems wasteful to me specially in multiple feedings a day. The argument on that thread was that its hard to over feed well established plants in coco. Do you have any input in this?
How do you like your new nutes? AN was an eyeball to get but since its my first run I want the best of the best I love the pH perfect I only check my res when I refill since pH is solid.
Do you by chance remember where you saw this? I'm interested

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I use lots of perlite for air and drainage. I can water more without overwatering and bring more oxygen to the roots. The coco part is only there to hold water between feedings.
You would probably enjoy growing in straight hydroton. The roots get beastly so much air available for them to trive. Downside is if your watering system goes out. Plants are good as gone.

Reason I mentioned it is bc the amount of perlite in a 50/50 mix is pushing the realm of a fully hydro grow :).

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I'm feeding about 800ppm on 500 scale in flower hand water once a day 1 gallon pots about a 50/50 coco perlite mix. I'm now a believer of small pots last run I used 1 gallons for the first time in flower and got 3-5 a plant only downside for me was having to hand water 7 days a week but that can be fixed makes me wonder how much improvement i would see with multiple feedings a day
You telling me you pulled 3-5 oz a plant in a 50/50 coco perlite mix out a one gallon?????
How many plants how much light. I gotta know more please share. I'm in three gallons and hoping to pull one a plant.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

You telling me you pulled 3-5 oz a plant in a 50/50 coco perlite mix out a one gallon?????
How many plants how much light. I gotta know more please share. I'm in three gallons and hoping to pull one a plant.

I've heard so much about using half the container size... so on. This is my first time ever messing with coco and I went ahead and potted up big thinking that was the way to go. Still have time before my next one maybe you can save me from repeating the same mistake.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I completely believe that. You wouldn't believe the monsters I've grown in one gallon pots. You have to water more often but you can do it.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I actually grow in 1/2 gal 5"square pots and I always pull between 90-120 grams per plant in coco
during peak flower I feed 3x a day for 1 min each feed
I always feed 1.4ec/700ppm .5 scale
but if it heats up over 80f I will drop to 1.2ec and up the feed to 4x a day

Wildill

Wildill

I've heard so much about using half the container size... so on. This is my first time ever messing with coco and I went ahead and potted up big thinking that was the way to go. Still have time before my next one maybe you can save me from repeating the same mistake.
I run a 3 week veg I flower under 2 duel DE 600 the room sealed enriched with co2 watering once a day. I was was surprised my self when i first used the small pots I was only using them to test new strains Im on my 3rd grow using them

H

HugzAndNuggz

i run 3 gallon pots 5 weeks of veg in canna coco and jacks hydro/cal nitrate/epsom at 3.7/2.5/1 gram ratios per gallon, 2x feeding a day 1 when lights come on and 1 before lights go off and i average anywhere from 6-8 oz a plant 4 plants per light with single ended hps... its all about the strains you keep and environment imo...

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

I'm currently testing out 10 strains in 2 g 3 g smart pots and in 7 in sq pots. The 2 g dry up much quicker but the growth seems to be pretty equal in the different pots. I'm running 70/30 pearlite coco feeding once every other day for a minute in the AM. About to go in to week 5 so I'll probably start watering once a day. The goal is to waste as little nutes and ro water as possible but obtain the best results.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I really dont understand when people use coco or Rock Wool....why they go for large size pots
unless you have the headroom to grow 8' trees there is no reason really to go over 1 gal smartpots
and I can guarantee that if you grow in a 3 gal pot and a 1 gal pot
and you use the same amount of feed in the 1 as the 3
and youspread that 1 gal pots feed out through the day
you will get better more explosive growth out of the 1 gal

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

The only problem with smaller pots is as you said more watering time and if you don't have your automated watering system up or the time to hand water 3 times a day then the plants will suffer. So that's why people use bigger pots in my opinion it comes down to method.

Wisher619

Wisher619

The only problem with smaller pots is as you said more watering time and if you don't have your automated watering system up or the time to hand water 3 times a day then the plants will suffer. So that's why people use bigger pots in my opinion it comes down to method.
true
I think it is kinda odd to me
how people will spend thousands of dollars on lights and co2 and Nutrients (which you dont need to do)
but are still hand watering
I can set up a 4x8 space with an auto drip system for the price of the full line of AN ph perfect nutrients and then get the same end product out of Maxibloom/Flora Nectar/Floralicious plus
just odd to me
especially in coco it needs that constant moisture and ec level

StandingRock

StandingRock

true
I think it is kinda odd to me
how people will spend thousands of dollars on lights and co2 and Nutrients (which you dont need to do)
but are still hand watering
I can set up a 4x8 space with an auto drip system for the price of the full line of AN ph perfect nutrients
which I have seen many people run....hand watered
Same here. To each their own, but my auto drip was $150. Super efficient and heavy duty. I love it.

P

Pimples

Ive used all kinds of sizes of pots in peat mixes and coco coir. And ive never had a plant "suffer" if i didnt water 3 times a day. Granted sometimes they do better with multiple daily waterings but once a day when lights kick on usually does the trick in 1 to 3 gallon pots in my setup with my methods. They dont suffer. Not at all. Just sometimes certain cultivars like more than one feed daily.

Top Bottom