So what had happened was...

• Thread starter Slim0317
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slim0317

Last November I got 2 purple punch clones from the local dispensary. This was my first grow and I don't think I did anything right. I called after a couple weeks cause they just weren't getting any bigger. That was when I was informed about the plastic that has to be removed from around the roots when transplanting. So I have to dig them up and pray I don't kill them. Somehow they made it.

Then another call to the dispensary to inquire about these plants and I end up being told they were auto flowers. I know now that while it may not be impossible, they won't be for sale at the local pot shop. Needless to say their light schedule changed and they began to flower. By the time I was sure, I didn't dare try to send them back into a veg state. So the first plant produced all of about a bowl and a half. Fire, just not much of it. The second one is still curing.

Now, given all that had happened, I left some buds on the plants when I harvested them. The first one died. Quickly. The second one is still alive and I'd love to know from anyone who knows, is she re-vegging, or turning hermie?

Also I loaded the pictures from oldest to newest in order to put them chronologically but the system randomized them

So what had happened was
So what had happened was 2
So what had happened was 3
So what had happened was 4
So what had happened was 5
So what had happened was 6
So what had happened was 7
So what had happened was 8
So what had happened was 9
So what had happened was 10
So what had happened was 11
So what had happened was 12
So what had happened was 13
So what had happened was 14
So what had happened was 15
So what had happened was 16
So what had happened was 17
So what had happened was 18
So what had happened was 19
So what had happened was 20
S

Slim0317

And they can't be auto clones. By the time they took root, their DNA would be telling them to flower

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
And they can't be auto clones. By the time they took root, their DNA would be telling them to flower

I checked out their website, I doubt they're selling auto clones.

Something caused them to start flowering, either shock or too much darkness. Maybe both.

If you still have one alive you might be able to save it if you switch to an 18/6 or 24 hour light schedule. You'll start to see fan leaves grow out in a spiral form, that's when you'll know it's re-vegging.

First I'd get rid of that dirt or mulch or whatever it is. Second you have clearly got spider mites, probably from the dirt.
Buy some good soil like Fox Farm, Roots Organics or something geared toward cannabis. Being a beginner and all, it makes it a little easier if the media you use is actually made for cannabis and not a tomato garden..

Start there, post pictures and brief description of what you're doing regularly, and we will help you as you go.

Here's to better luck in the future! Welcome to the Farm! 🤠

S

Slim0317

I checked out their website, I doubt they're selling auto clones.

Something caused them to start flowering, either shock or too much darkness. Maybe both.

If you still have one alive you might be able to save it if you switch to an 18/6 or 24 hour light schedule. You'll start to see fan leaves grow out in a spiral form, that's when you'll know it's re-vegging.

First I'd get rid of that dirt or mulch or whatever it is. Second you have clearly got spider mites, probably from the dirt.
Buy some good soil like Fox Farm, Roots Organics or something geared toward cannabis. Being a beginner and all, it makes it a little easier if the media you use is actually made for cannabis and not a tomato garden..

Start there, post pictures and brief description of what you're doing regularly, and we will help you as you go.

Here's to better luck in the future! Welcome to the Farm! 🤠
I KNOW they weren't auto clones. The guy didnt know what he was talking about and I didn't know enough then to know. They flowered because I stopped paying attention to the light schedule. I think you guys missed what the point of this thread is. I told the story of what happened to my first 2 clones. I want to know if the plant that I have left, the one still alive after harvest and looking like she's got new growth, is she re-vegging or had she been stressed enough to turn hermie?

S

Slim0317

I KNOW they weren't auto clones. The guy didnt know what he was talking about and I didn't know enough then to know. They flowered because I stopped paying attention to the light schedule. I told the story of what happened to my first 2 clones. I want to know if the plant that I have left, the one still alive after harvest and looking like she's got new growth, is she re-vegging or had she been stressed enough to turn hermie?

S

Slim0317

The last 2 pictures are the best I have of her new growth. I just don't know if it's real new growth, or if she's trying to make her own seeds

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I KNOW they weren't auto clones. The guy didnt know what he was talking about and I didn't know enough then to know. They flowered because I stopped paying attention to the light schedule. I think you guys missed what the point of this thread is. I told the story of what happened to my first 2 clones. I want to know if the plant that I have left, the one still alive after harvest and looking like she's got new growth, is she re-vegging or had she been stressed enough to turn hermie?
Should be alright just keep the light schedule right, it will go back to veg eventually. Then the next time you go to flower, it should be fine, shouldn't herm unless you do something else to shock/stress it or mess up light schedule.

jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi

Last November I got 2 purple punch clones from the local dispensary. This was my first grow and I don't think I did anything right. I called after a couple weeks cause they just weren't getting any bigger. That was when I was informed about the plastic that has to be removed from around the roots when transplanting. So I have to dig them up and pray I don't kill them. Somehow they made it.

Then another call to the dispensary to inquire about these plants and I end up being told they were auto flowers. I know now that while it may not be impossible, they won't be for sale at the local pot shop. Needless to say their light schedule changed and they began to flower. By the time I was sure, I didn't dare try to send them back into a veg state. So the first plant produced all of about a bowl and a half. Fire, just not much of it. The second one is still curing.

Now, given all that had happened, I left some buds on the plants when I harvested them. The first one died. Quickly. The second one is still alive and I'd love to know from anyone who knows, is she re-vegging, or turning hermie?

Also I loaded the pictures from oldest to newest in order to put them chronologically but the system randomized them
Where to start? Your dirt looks suspect, there’s no perlite so that kills drainage, hence your plants stunted growth. Water less, and look into fabric pots. Grab some coco and mix with myco and an organic compost or something like one shot granules or real growers dots. Your baby can be saved but get it out of that ugly sludge that’s probably way too salty or sandy. Sorry if this was harsh, that dirt just doesn’t look healthy. Best of luck learning and growing 👍🏼😜😁

Anthem

Anthem

Where to start? Your dirt looks suspect, there’s no perlite so that kills drainage, hence your plants stunted growth. Water less, and look into fabric pots. Grab some coco and mix with myco and an organic compost or something like one shot granules or real growers dots. Your baby can be saved but get it out of that ugly sludge that’s probably way too salty or sandy. Sorry if this was harsh, that dirt just doesn’t look healthy. Best of luck learning and growing 👍🏼😜😁
Do not do this. If you absolute need to save the plant, it is going to take some time. From the looks of your set up about 2 months to get it to go back into health veg.
The dirt thing have some correctness to it, but the solution is not correct. First of all, you never really what to mix coco with soil. You are either soilless or soil. In between mixes only aggravate the situation. #2. Try to get a complete soil for the beginning. If you want to try out building a soil down the round that is great but you can only do so much at one time. Look around for a good soil that is for fast growing vegetables. Using a complete soil is designed to get you to the finish without adding nutrients but most add nutrients. Myself included, but I only keep Moms in soil.
If you can get a good soil and just feed at needed that is going to be your best bet.

jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi

Do not do this. If you absolute need to save the plant, it is going to take some time. From the looks of your set up about 2 months to get it to go back into health veg.
The dirt thing have some correctness to it, but the solution is not correct. First of all, you never really what to mix coco with soil. You are either soilless or soil. In between mixes only aggravate the situation. #2. Try to get a complete soil for the beginning. If you want to try out building a soil down the round that is great but you can only do so much at one time. Look around for a good soil that is for fast growing vegetables. Using a complete soil is designed to get you to the finish without adding nutrients but most add nutrients. Myself included, but I only keep Moms in soil.
If you can get a good soil and just feed at needed that is going to be your best bet.
I disagree you can mix them, in fact it’s suggested to use Soil in the bottom 1/3 of your coco mix. If you use a one shot or similar you also won’t have to feed/be over feeding nutes. And because the coco is inert it also acts as a bug defense.

S

Slim0317

Should be alright just keep the light schedule right, it will go back to veg eventually. Then the next time you go to flower, it should be fine, shouldn't herm unless you do something else to shock/stress it or mess up light schedule.
If she actually goes back to veg, she'll never flower again

S

Slim0317

No apologies necessary. I check my feelings at the door. And the dirt you see is sand on top of mulch. They've been fine in it so far and she's been through so much already that I'm not moving her until she's stronger. Or dead. My grow with her is essentially done, I'm just hoping to get lucky cause if she does come back, her clones are gonna be killer.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

So, came home with these ladies tonight. The first is MAC, then Gelato 33, and my favorite Strawberry Cough.
Now you're cooking 😎🔥
Scrap that last thing and start over 👍
Definitely mix coco into your soil at a ratio of 2:1 (2parts soil:1part coco). It is even reccomended to do this printed on most soil bags. The coco stops the soil from compacting, aids with aeration etc and vastly improves root growth vs soil alone. This in turn noticeably increases final yield, (in my experience by about 33%+ vs soil alone). I have always mixed coco into my soil, since the first time I tried it. You can even buy pre mixed soil, like Tropic Batmix etc, that are premixed 2:1 soil:coco with added guano etc.
Biobizz Allmix is a good allround soil and biobizz nutes do a good organic job start to finish 👍 or if you want a "hot" soil for flower you can look at Plagron batmix, H&G batmix or Tropic Batmix. (But for sure always make sure theres coco mixed in 2:1 if its not already premixed) 👍

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom