So whats up with the new SpiderFarmer sf7000s?

• Thread starter Kylesidious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Okay so today I saw the new SF7000s and I'm just REALLY confused..... Can anyone explain why it's more expensive for a less powerful light with cheaper diodes and no meanwell driver? I'm telling you right now - I LOVEEEEE my SpiderFarmer lights. But I'm trying to understand the science behind this new ... more expensive light. I know the coverage area is larger, and I see there are UV leds now but I don't understand why the LEDs were changed to cheaper ones or why the PAR testing is so much lower on the 7000 even though it's at 650watts and the 4000 is at like 400watts. Thanks in advance! @SpiderFarmerLED

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Well they advertise 2.5 G/W so it has to be true!!!! Besides all the great reviews on here about Spider Farmer it has to be true.
Hey now I will say I don’t have any issue with the lights I have of theirs. But I just can’t wrap my head around the 7000.... it just doesn’t make sense.....

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Due to the insufficient supply of Samsung chip and Meanwell driver, we have to find alternative suppliers. After a long period of comparison and testing, we selected Seoul chip and another LED driver, which are basically the same performance and price. They are just not that well known, but the quality is great too.

We have repeatedly tested SF7000, please rest assured to buy and use it, thanks

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I just dropped seeds yesterday for my next grow, 6 Plants/4 Strains in the same 2x4x6 tent as my first grow.
If @SpiderFarmerLED fancy giving a member a loan of an SF7000 for the 100 days I would be more than happy to use my grow as *real life/forum test* and report on it twice weekly, let people see what it can do.
Return shipping I'm happy to pay myself too.

Here's a picture of what I got with 300w from lights bought from your competitors :-)
next grow I want to have 450w plus.

20210108 205835

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Due to the insufficient supply of Samsung chip and Meanwell driver, we have to find alternative suppliers. After a long period of comparison and testing, we selected Seoul chip and another LED driver, which are basically the same performance and price. They are just not that well known, but the quality is great too.

We have repeatedly tested SF7000, please rest assured to buy and use it, thanks
This has all the red flags 🚩🚩🚩

🙄👎

And I'm growing really nice flowers under SF-2000's but I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole.

@SpiderFarmerLED don't you understand that the well known and respected parts you used on earlier models was the main selling point of your lights? So much so that I was ok to void my own warranty.

Unfortunately now without proven, widely used components, we are left to trust only the claims you make regarding the product. For those of us who have been around, this has proved troublesome in the past.

If no one has told you this yet let me be the 1st. This one is going to bomb. Bad. You're making a huge mistake. 😔

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This has all the red flags 🚩🚩🚩

🙄👎

And I'm growing really nice flowers under SF-2000's but I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole.

@SpiderFarmerLED don't you understand that the well known and respected parts you used on earlier models was the main selling point of your lights? So much so that I was ok to void my own warranty.

Unfortunately now without proven, widely used components, we are left to trust only the claims you make regarding the product. For those of us who have been around, this has proved troublesome in the past.

If no one has told you this yet let me be the 1st. This one is going to bomb. Bad. You're making a huge mistake. 😔

Guess this means the other models will convert to the more profitable chips and drivers for the same prices.

And i can het an hlg for the 800 bucks the 7000 costs.

Thank yourselves for helping brand this dishonest company. Thats why i said no.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Guess this means the other models will convert to the more profitable chips and drivers for the same prices.

And i can het an hlg for the 800 bucks the 7000 costs.

Thank yourselves for helping brand this dishonest company. Thats why i said no.

I've always been 100% honest about what I thought about the lights and the company, and those were 2 very different opinions. I will continue to stand by the products I still do use, they're good lights for the price. But I don't shill for anybody and will always call bs when I see it.

You've always had a very strong opinion about these lights despite never having owned one. I've already explained why I think that is but I don't want to beat a dead horse.

Having said that, you are completely entitled to your opinion and that's why we have these forums for discussion. 👍🌱

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

I think some of you are forgetting the times we are living in. Don’t forget we’re living in a fucked up world right now with flu and it’s affecting distribution lines. Instead of bashing companies for making changes amidst times like these to be able to meet supply / demand maybe put yourself in the shoes of the suppliers. Do you really think they wanted to change their main selling point, knowing they would be getting this backlash? I’m sure they didn’t...... they aren’t idiots.... they are probably just doing what’s needed right now to continue to survive as a company right now. If you can’t comprehend that, you’re living in La la land or you just don’t have enough knowledge around distribution lines or you just like to bully people who are down.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'm slightly skeptical about the authenticity of the products they use if they can't get enough of them when there is no shortage of the actual product.

Edit: Especially when none of the other companies have shortages.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

I'm slightly skeptical about the authenticity of the products they use if they can't get enough of them when there is no shortage of the actual product.
Here’s the thing..... they already are producing a board with different diodes. If they were sketchy then why the hell would they have made a board with different diodes? They would have just counterfeit them and continued business as usual if they were scamming people. What have they done up to this point that would make you not trust them? If they haven’t done anything thus far, I’d say why say such claims? They are clearly advertising a board with different LEDs and are even giving reasons as to why. Give them a break.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Here’s the thing..... they already are producing a board with different diodes. If they were sketchy then why the hell would they have made a board with different diodes? They would have just counterfeit them and continued business as usual if they were scamming people. What have they done up to this point that would make you not trust them? If they haven’t done anything thus far, I’d say why say such claims? They are clearly advertising a board with different LEDs and are even giving reasons as to why. Give them a break.
A problem with production of the fakes.

Look, I honestly don't even care if the diodes are name brand or not. As long as they are the same efficiency.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The original thread has proof they had exaggerated ppfd charts and would not admit to being affiliated with Meihzi which they are. Both banners were on the site the rep linked me too on ebay when they wanted me to do a grow and keep mentioning their brand every post and even post links for them. And another member showed a similar email with meihzi in the signiture.

It is you defending a faceless corporation brand with no facts.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

The original thread has proof they had exaggerated ppfd charts and would not admit to being affiliated with Meihzi which they are. Both banners were on the site the rep linked me too on ebay when they wanted me to do a grow and keep mentioning their brand every post and even post links for them. And another member showed a similar email with meihzi in the signiture.

It is you defending a faceless corporation brand with no facts.
No, like I said I’m just looking at it from their perspective. You make all these claims but have you tried their lights? I haven’t had anything to complain about with them. And to be quite honest I don’t care what brand of LEDs they use as long as I get the same efficiency. If they work they work. Can you provide any claims that the lights don’t work well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom