soaking flower before making a tincture

• Thread starter Shotyoung
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shotyoung

Shotyoung

Hello fellow cannaisseurs. I've been looking into making different medibles and came across this site on how to make thc infused sugar. Has anyone here ever heard of soaking decarbed flower in water for a few days to get rid of the water soluble materials from the plant before making whatever oil/tincture etc? Makes sense to me but wasn't sure if I'd lose anything important and since I didn't read it here first Anyway here's the blurb I found on the subject so any info you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Want an even cleaner look and taste?
Water Cure your flower first! After decarbing your flower in the oven, put it into a mason jar and fill with reverse-osmosis distilled water. Place the jar in the refrigerator. When the water begins to darken from the color leeching out of the buds, gently empty the colored liquid and replace with clean water; at least once a day.

Continue this process until color no longer leeches out of the buds. Depending on numerous factors, this process can take from 3-8 days. Once achieved, dry your cannabis using any quick dry method you prefer. Water curing removes all the water-soluble material from the plant leaving you some rather dull, lifeless looking buds. That’s OK though, its now even more potent by weight due to the loss of extraneous materials you didn’t want in your sugar.

Water cured flower will produce a sugar that is still mostly white and without hardly any plant tastes at all

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Soaking your buds will get rid of a lot of the chlorophyll, as will letting it sit in the sun. The chlorophyll is what give things the plant taste, but soaking will also remove a lot of the terpenes that some folks like. I've not heard of a sugar extract before as thc is mostly water insoluble, so , possibly alcohol is used in it's place. In any event, I would let the fresh plant material dry out a little before before soaking just so the new rinse water would be better absorbed by the plant material instead of trying to exchange it with the water in the fresh plant. Breaking it apart would also hasten the extraction process. Good Luck!!

rayi

rayi

I've heard of soaking cured bud in water for 24 hours. Dry then decarb

Top Bottom