Socks' garden pic dump thread

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sounds close enough for me! L O L! No matter what you think of the show, he and Aykroyd got off Their asses and got pot growing into the main stream media! Even if for a short time! They walk the walk, and talk the Talk! As long as you don’t take it too seriously, like a lot of people do, I thought it was a crack up! Larry did a great job playing the idiot!😂✌️ And I think John would be thrilled by it! He would’ve made a great Larry!

Last edited:
socks4free

socks4free

Cherry Pie is an amazing strain, not sure if youve grown it before but keep a close eye on it, they’re genetically predisposed to hermie. I’ll pull up a chair for this one, hope she delivers for you. The GDP can really show up in big way and it makes for quite a beautiful plant
Nope never grown it before good to know. I was given the cutting by an old hippie. Can't wait to see how she turns out!

T

TerraTokeMaster

The cherry pie cutting I was given has rooted and is in soil now! Its a good thing I spent all winter teaching myself how to clone otherwise I'd have probably killed her.

I'm super excited to have all these new strains to grow this season.
It’s a good thing you spent all winter honing your cloning skills. it looks like it paid off big time.

socks4free

socks4free

It’s a good thing you spent all winter honing your cloning skills. it looks like it paid off big time.
Well I'm still learning because I'm fairly sure I used too much compost in the soil mix I used for the cherry pie clone because the new growth are turning dark green and slightly glossy. Not terrible or anything but definitely a little too much nitrogen at the start, I believe it will grow out of it just gonna slow it down a bit at the start.

Gonna start using straight promix at the start and put into my compost mix when it's started to grow and the new roots are less sensitive.

IMG 20240526 121437
IMG 20240526 121443
socks4free

socks4free

Put a couple more plants in the ground today and started a batch of aerated compost tea.

For the tea I used 6 cups of my compost, 1/4 cup micronized azomite powder, 2 handfuls of leaf mold, 1/4 cup unsulphured black strap molasses, and 1 tablespoon of sea weed extract + humic/fluid acid.

IMG 20240528 152713
IMG 20240528 152715
IMG 20240528 152700
IMG 20240528 194710
Last edited:
socks4free

socks4free

The compost tea looks a hell of a lot darker now that it's been bubbling for 12 hours. I put all the compost /azomite/solids in a paint strainer and tied it closed before putting it in the bucket so everything small enough is seeping out into the water but any large chunks will not go into it.

I plan on using this partially as a foliar feeding and will use the rest as a soil drench over the entire growing area. it can apparently go bad quickly so no reason to try to store it for later.

IMG 20240529 074228
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
The compost tea looks a hell of a lot darker now that it's been bubbling for 12 hours. I put all the compost /azomite/solids in a paint strainer and tied it closed before putting it in the bucket so everything small enough is seeping out into the water but any large chunks will not go into it.

I plan on using this partially as a foliar feeding and will use the rest as a soil drench over the entire growing area. it can apparently go bad quickly so no reason to try to store it for later.
I made a tea set up early on but returned everything (the pump just wasn’t cutting it) I believe that shit is so beneficial I want to make it on a larger scale ( 50 gallon barrel) for the veggie gardens also! : )

It can get pretty tech though (like you only have a small window of “all the microbes”) before they start to die off do you have a micro scope? You can see what you’re growing also : )

You’re spot on with it can go bad quickly!

socks4free

socks4free

Thinking about transplanting a couple more plants today not positive though.

Some pics from today including of the buried girl again. She was already showing the nutrients issues(the bigger afghan too) before this i believe she eventually got root bound in the 3 gallon I had her in all winter. the issue hasn't seemed to get worse since going into the ground so far... that I've noticed anyways.

IMG 20240529 120408
IMG 20240529 120356
IMG 20240529 120337
IMG 20240529 120345
socks4free

socks4free

I made a tea set up early on but returned everything (the pump just wasn’t cutting it) I believe that shit is so beneficial I want to make it on a larger scale ( 50 gallon barrel) for the veggie gardens also! : )

It can get pretty tech though (like you only have a small window of “all the microbes”) before they start to die off do you have a micro scope? You can see what you’re growing also : )

You’re spot on with it can go bad quickly!
I have a like 60x handheld one never thought to use to to test the water though that works? What am I looking for doing this?

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I have a like 60x handheld one never thought to use to to test the water though that works? What am I looking for doing this?
you can get a visual on how much life you have. It’ll look very busy and active. I have a very shitty memory so what I read I dont remember lol. I just know you can watch for that window of very healthy tea vs not.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Had to double take, though this thread was called "Sock Garden D*ck pump thread hahahahahaha. Beautiful plants, and beautiful past grows m8.

Subbed, popcorn poppin.

socks4free

socks4free

Got another plant in the ground today along with some of the companion plants as well. I had left a spot right around the middle open to plant a few of the companion herbs (chervil, basil, and sage) in the ground, will leave some others in pots, and probably find spots to.plant the rest on the outer perimeter of everything .

I don't really mind if these companion herbs don't really get big, im more growing them to boost my weed plants anything they produce is just a happy bonus.

IMG 20240531 112753
IMG 20240531 120133
IMG 20240531 120143
IMG 20240531 112804
IMG 20240531 120119
Top Bottom