soil ,coco or hydro ? decisions decisions

• Thread starter jiggaboojones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
surfguitar

surfguitar

I would avoid Cali connection from what I've heard and seen. I grew out there sfv og bx2 and the thing was an absolute pm magnet.

Fox farms ocean forest doesn't have enough in it to properly support a plant the whole cycle

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

yea i have the happy frog supp to mix in as they progress . .. as for cali connect really ? thats strange , i have been hearing n seeing nothing but good og chem stuff coming from them . they are pretty well known for having legit moms n pops so as for me trying to get some legit og's n chem stuff that was what i am after from them . one of the main things i need in my stable is a heavy hitter og . i cant get any original cuts anymore unfortunately . i always loved the chems too . always a pain buying seeds . its one of the only things about growing i dont enjoy . i ve bought so many n found that highgrade seeds n female seeds the only places that havent disapointed me(n they were the cheapest ) . rez chemdog ibl i got was pretty good strain despite his controversy , but , that being said i spent an arm and a leg for em . there is a sea of genetics n breeders out there so it is very hard to get a solid fast strain right now without paying alot . i have always wanted to grow sage n sour as well . kind of a pain in the ass al this seed stuff when time n effort vs production come into play . but once you get a good mom n strain its tons of fun .

surfguitar

surfguitar

You obviously haven;t spent enough time on this forum, swerves stuff is very hit and miss. If you do end up getting it, tahoe og from him is supposed to be somewhat stable. You'd be better off with some Goji OG from bodhi or another OG variety from a member of this site(there is a seed auction section at the top)

As far as happy frog, that could work but honestly I would save myself a potential headache and not use that stuff. It will pay later to put in the work now to make a proper soil. You'd be better off with coco than that FFOF shit imo

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

yea I hear what your saying . andyes your right about timeon the site . there are a lot of hard working breedershere . that is the biggest reason I'm here . unfortunately I have seen so many bad investments over the years on things like s1's and seeds not being what people say they are or just simply not growing like some of the mainstream seeds from big reputable companyz personal stuff aside . there are always people and stories about this breeder n that . just the darker side of business .. I wuld love to b able to just buy the honest cuts like folks can do in cali instead of waiting for someone to try to work it into seeds . that's my take on that . nothing against the people who put the work in . n yes the Tahoe n bubba are what I am looking to get unfortunately I have to get it from a cross . n I have heard a lot over the year about the sfv so for a guylike me whodoesnt know a lot of peple here on ths site or what genetics they stock cali connect was on my list for trying to put a big popular kush in the garden that I could use for a long time to come . bohdi has been around for a while n have actually gotton clones handed down from him through a third party . but idont have the extra money to throw on seeds for the prices they ask right now . way too much going on to seed shop. I hve a solid producer in the widorella right now n a blue geez experiment plants to try to ad some chem lineage in there n hope for some good tasting punch . idk . its all a pita right now . rebuilding n expanding on a shoestring .

as for the ff n my choiceof soil is always about labor n ease of use not everyone has the same situations .time supplies n mixing this and that from here n there isn't on my list .- I do thank you very much for showng that mix however- .. since I wont b reusing any of the soil after every harvest I am simply going to buy what I need prebagged n ready . i may b a rookie on thesite ,I am no rookie grower . I have wasted so much tme with peoples seeds n lost production ontiming problems or them just havng to b nursed along bcuzz they just weren't worked properly . this is why I unless working for my own hobby breeding, I prefer to just b able to buy a bubbaclone or alien , or trainwreckor whatever the flavor of the year may be n not worry about what the gsc s1 is going to produce . or all the other mysteryz of the underworld have to offer . but that's just my lil rant ,lol sorry .

anyway I have been lookin around here n there .wolverine kush cought my eye . haven't seen bohdi site yet hard to trust the internet . I have had seeds thatlook great on pics n people raving the product to only b so disappointed you spent 200 bux on garbage when you grow it out . fact is . I have just recently got back online bcuzz of this site n the breeding community since most people on forums aren't very worldly n just like to troll . mostlylooking for what everyone has n moreto the jist is the combined knowledge of diff aspects of growing .

Tnelz

Tnelz

Coco would b killer 4 beast mode roots & growth rate>>> I love coco but if ur gunna step up ur game & ain't quite sure about going so big >>juss 2 b safe & cheaper I'd run soil.. Sure coco will give u bigger plants faster & a bigger yield but also u will use double the water & nutes plus the actual coco will run u more money.. With coco u need 2 keep a close eye on ph & ppm going in & out plus if u let it dry out ur fucked & now have 2 flush with more water 2 get all the salt out.. With out water on the scene or extra cash flow I'd think twice about coco 4 now at least.. Since u never stepped it up this big juss play it safe & use soil >> won't b as ph picky>> don't need 2 worry much about ppm going in & out>>won't use as much water & nutes>> cheaper then coco>> no need 2 worry about soil drying out..
U won't lose missive amounts of bud weight.. Get a few low cost soil runs under ur belt & save up ur money then step up 2 coco<< at least that's what id do if I decided 2 go bigger..

But like u said I hate them damn gnats in soil & some coco..
Don't disagree with anything being said. However I run straight coco and haven't seen a fungus gnat in a while. Keep ur microbes healthy and find a foliar that works for u and u shouldn't have any. I feel like soil gives u a higher probability of infestation. Again just my experience. Good luck either way but coco is ur friend!

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

When you do go to hydro a simple an effective way to go is a top feeding drip. 6 inch par gro blocks on top of either a coco mat or a " sure to grow" synthetic mat. If you want 100% gnat free go with the sure to grow mat. The par gro style is a quick draining rock wool which is better to ensure you don't over water. After the roots grow through the mat you can increase frequency of waterings. The root mass goes crazy and will actually raise the blocks up. I have had three inches of root mass thickness. The mat keeps the light off the roots. Plenty of air under there too. When they are going full steam I am watering for 45 seconds of on time and 3 hours of off time 24/7. This gives the roots enough water to prevent them from drying out while not over watering. Simple cost effective and productive.

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

Why you wanna root then flower?? Take the time to veg and get a decent sized plant if you wanna see potential!!

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

its all about maxing my space n time . i can veg n get 2 plants i have to top train n put under my lights n wrestle till theyre dpne n get nice chops . but i will b able to run many clones evenly without hassle n a month veg time . gurantee i will see more end with product in a see of green bcuz of the even conopy . i used to grow 1/4 lb plants in 3 gal pots with my coco however tjey are all over staked n trained . a pain . thid makes everything much more systematic for me . plus if one gets ficked im not out all the much

Tnelz

Tnelz

yea i have the happy frog supp to mix in as they progress . .. as for cali connect really ? thats strange , i have been hearing n seeing nothing but good og chem stuff coming from them . they are pretty well known for having legit moms n pops so as for me trying to get some legit og's n chem stuff that was what i am after from them . one of the main things i need in my stable is a heavy hitter og . i cant get any original cuts anymore unfortunately . i always loved the chems too . always a pain buying seeds . its one of the only things about growing i dont enjoy . i ve bought so many n found that highgrade seeds n female seeds the only places that havent disapointed me(n they were the cheapest ) . rez chemdog ibl i got was pretty good strain despite his controversy , but , that being said i spent an arm and a leg for em . there is a sea of genetics n breeders out there so it is very hard to get a solid fast strain right now without paying alot . i have always wanted to grow sage n sour as well . kind of a pain in the ass al this seed stuff when time n effort vs production come into play . but once you get a good mom n strain its tons of fun .
Dude grow the Sage n Sour! Awesome grow and smoke! Won't be disappointed!

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

thanx, I have been after that for almost a year now lol . was tryin to find someone growing her n hopes of scoring a cut but , no luck . may just have to bite the bullet n dump the change jar for em . lol . its one of the only starins I have been really interested in . no one ever has anything bad to say about it ..

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

MEDFARM drip systems are nice . n that 2 inch stalk is crazy !lol I plan to go with 3 4x4 drain tables n fill with a clay or othe rtype of bedding so I can just lollipop the hell out of em in a perpetual cycle . I clone with a giant easy cloner type so I can just drop right into the beds without any blocks . I already have everything but the tables n bedding so its a very easy conversion . even have enough for a bucket system too . I have all kinds of shit to use to grow lol . not everything is practical with 3 600 watt bulbs tho . its only a 4x16ft spread . not much when you average in light loss n little things . four full size plants under each light finishing at a 1/4 lb a piece is optimal . but if you try new strains things get crazy . when I grew out my elites lemon larry .it turned into a monster n had to get rid of her . she took up 6x6x6 all on her own !!! broke my heart lol . same with the iced grapefruit one plant took up a 4x4 spread not practical at all for how I grow .

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

I do spend a little more time verging but it is in a separate room, pre stage. basically intake clones,flip,flower,then in the pre stage room the starts are rooting, about 12-14 days, i then move em under a 600w halide, by the time my flower room is complete the pre stage girls are about 20 inches tall. its hard to get a third area but it helps with timing. 4 plants per 1000w 1/2lb per girl.

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

yeah 1000 's are def good for lage plants . i dont get quite the intensity or penatration with 600's .. my old system was similar . topped twice , veged till about a foot to ftn 1/2 then flip em . before i started projects n dif strains my two main strains were 3.5 oz -1/4 lb a peice n crammed ten to 15 under 2 600 's lol it was a pain . wild but a pain . coco was def productive . i kept running out of room n power for veg . i need to build a 50 amp 220 box so i can make some upgrades . i am tapped out of power . its maxxed basically . if i add anything more shit will blow or melt . lol

how high off the ground is your table n how tall do your trees get ?

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

From the floor to the top of my 6 inch blocks it's 21inches. When my lights are pegged to the lid the average girl height is60 inches. The top feed drip has given me the best growth rate out of anything I have ever tried, from dirt to ebb and flow, to coco in air pots etc. clean efficient and the production is off the hook. The height is based on an 8 foot ceiling.

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

nice n clean . love it .
It wont let me upload my old soil pics. I didn't have any from my coco grows , was off the boards then .

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

i flower 8 plants in straight coco, the kind from the compressed bricks, in 6liter hempys with grorocks or hydroton in the bottom and coco on top, ...i feed KISS style with Jack's Pro Hydro which runs $50.00 for a 25lb bag of the base nutrient and another $50.00 for a 25lb bag of the calcium nitrate which is an increase in price since i bought mine almost 2 years ago, ...i still have enough for at least another 2 years but i gave some to my grobro because he liked the consistent results he saw me getting and after a few runs with the Jack's he now wants to order his own.

anyway, sorry to make a short story long but i should also mention that i run those 8 plants inside a 4 x 4 space around a single 600HPS in a kind of vert SCROG and i consistently pull 12 to 15 zipz per cycle, ...i haven't hit a pound yet but i'm getting closer, lol.

here's a couple of my early hempys when i was first learning the technique, ...these were fed nothing but MaxiBloom and were grown under a 400CMH in 2liter hempy 'pots'.

DSCI4493

105 0021

105 0018

105 0001

105 0003

...so i guess my vote would be coco hempy's, KISS style in a barebulb vert setup, easy peasy, lemon squeezy, lol.

peace, bozo

Latest posts

Top Bottom