soil ,coco or hydro ? decisions decisions

• Thread starter jiggaboojones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

that is basically what I'm running now in a transition stage tho . explain the hempy method again ?

20140201 182103
20140201 182237
20140201 182135
jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

these are about two weeks outa chopping . terrible pics ,lol sorry bout that . buti woul much rather grow a shit ton of those colas instead of lst nightmare plants . I lovegrowing massive trees but as for the indoor hobby perspective 50-100 of lollyz compared to 20 monsters ? easy choice for me . until I'm running a much bigger wattage n room I'm going to stick with lollyz

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...here are some pics of my old cab inside which i ran a high-density micro-SOG with 55 plants in 1liter soil DIY smartpots that i made from landscapers fabric and staples so you can see i'm familiar with your desire to grow 'budsicles'.

Budbox 001

DSCI3683

AK47210 24 001 smll

DSCI2357 smll

DSCI2367 smll

...now, as to a description of a hempy bucket i would say that any water tight container can be made into a hempy, ...the most common size would be between 2 and 3 gallons so you'd start with say a 3 gallon bucket from Lowes and to make it into a hempy you put a single drainage hole about 2 inch's or so up the side of the bucket from the bottom of the bucket, ...what you are essentially doing is you are creating a mini-reservoir in that bottom couple of inchs, say maybe about 15 % of the buckets volume at the bottom.

...actually i'm getting a little ahead of myself, normally i wouldn't explain like this i'd just point you to a thread where it is already explained but i'm new around here so i don't know where such explanation might be.

anyway, as i said, almost any water tight container can be used with the caveat that one of the advantages to the technique is that you can grow larger plants in smaller pots with less media so there is kind of a rule of diminishing returns which is why, in most situations, nothing larger than 3 gallons is ever needed, i personally use 6liter trashcans i picked up at the dollar store, oddly enough, for a buck each, lol.

here you can see i'm using hydroton in the bottom 2 inchs, i also use grorocks or 3/4 inch gravel, lava rock, or even perlite although perlite is messy post harvest so i no longer use it, ...the point is that you have to put something in the bottom different than the growing media, in my case coco, and by different i mean they have to have different properties of absorption if that's the right word, ...lol, this is way more difficult to explain like this than it is to actually run the damned things!

DSCI0195

...and with the coco added.

DSCI0197

...if still have questions feel free to ask but if you do a google for 'hempy' i promise you you will find more info than you need and you will be amazed at the results you'll see.

peace, bozo

Top Bottom