Soil Has Been Wet/moist For Weeks Now.

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

Well long story short my pots haven't had a dry spell. they've been wet/moist for about 2 weeks now. the roots are busting out the fabric pots on the bottom but they seem to love it. why is this? am I gonna kill my roots or end up with rot? when I feed I use rhizo blast and hydroguard.. so idk if that's helping. and my soil has heavy perlite as well it's just worrying me that I haven't needed to water in weeks. should I just keep waiting..? lol or any suggestions?

bankcee

bankcee

20170211 223135
20170211 223125
20170211 223121

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

They look like the should be drinking every couple days. It's ok to let your medium dry out a little more in Veg. I keep mine moist but not saturated in Flower. I'd suggest you get your pots off the ground and also what's your overnight temps? Overall they look to be doing OK.

bankcee

bankcee

I have them on saucers when I water but as soon as the run off is all leached out I remove the saucers for space.

usually it's every couple days.. but I lowered from 1k to 600 and it's been weeks the soil has been moist. top inch hasn't even begun to dry out.

bankcee

bankcee

and night time temps are like low 60s. lately been lower cause the weather.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I would guess it's the low 60s, that slows everything down IMO. Also switching to 600w obviously the plants will drink less. I'd say it's all environment issues. Air circulation? Do you have a fan?

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

The lower temps will definitely slow evaporation, soil and medium based hydro setups do best around 75F. Other factors to consider are temp and relative humidity. The more humidity, the less the plant will use transpiration to keep itself hydrated. The lower the temp, the less transpiration the plant will use for evaporative cooling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom