Soil layering (purple cow/FFHP) or mixing 50/50

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

so my 540 watts isnt enough for my 4x4?

and it was only a 2x4 when that happened...

No, I didn't say that, but using 2 150w and 1 240w is not the same as 1 600w because the intensity and heat is different, especially LED compared to HID. So lower wattage lights could affect nutrient uptake, not saying it's bad or good. Also, the floor space doesn't change the amount of energy coming from the light bulbs.

T

That70sDude

I realize this is an old thread, but while this thread was happening and currently I grow in Purple Cow from germination to harvest. To show how CRF will not burn I also use Beanstalk Fortify, K-Boost and Absolute Flower at half strength. The main issue I had was water...used purified by RO and mixed with well water. Total PPM 125. I Have started using Cal Mag on my newest grow and only use 0 PPM water in humidifier. (Just leaned this after clogging up 2 AC Inf Filters in 9 months.) I have read more threads of people thinking they have PM "Powdery Mildew" when it's white Calcium powder which will burn plants.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents as my 1st grow with P C and CRF, Recharge and Bud Stacked for last 8 weeks. Water Only for 4+ months, 6' Stoopid Fruits and 4' Collie Man Kush. Same user name on Grow Diaries. Current grow is from seeds I got when male SF grew a pollen sack in veg and pollinated a Pineapple Express Auto.

1st image is 1st grow Collie Man Kush. 2nd is new grow of the cross bread seeds.

20210818 175804
20220228 041205
Last edited:
B

Ben_Slackin

here is the problem putting more hot soil in the bottom. the roots wont grow into the hot soil. they stop. they eat what they need then and only then grow deeper. so, if you do 1/3, they have more room to grow big enough to want to eat the hot soil nutes and grow deeper. if you use 50% they only have the other 50% to get big enough to eat the nutes and go deeper - roots need to grow downward to grow green upwards. if they only grow a little down they only grow a little up. the other thing is no matter what you put, they use only what they need, so you have lots of the pot the roots wont use ever due to it being hot and they only need so much hot nute filled stuff. so wasted resources and taking away grow room are the two good reasons to stick to the 1/3.

i cant share the articles because they are college library stuff, sorry. but google some canada or washington state stuff on it. they are doing some actual peer reviewed research on the growing.
Hi, I know this is an old post but I have purple cow indicanja in transit. I’m going to go the 1/3 option you suggested. What about super charging once per week?

Top Bottom