SOIL MITES? Neem oil? Too bushy ?

• Thread starter Travismilne89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Travismilne89

Travismilne89

Just in case you know you can't spray neem oil on the plant with lights on right. You said it burned your leaves even though pics look good to me. Anyway I was laughing to myself because your setup is just like mine. I'm growing lemon og in FF ocean soil with a 1000w mars light. Gotta let me know how it goes through out your grow! I wasn't sure if I was growing blue dream or lemon og through my whole grow (mixed up the seeds) till I smelled my fingers after pruning around week 3/4 of flower. Nice Piney lemon smell. Almost like lemon pledge lol. Anyway looking good so far!

I did spray neem a little too early about 20 minutes before lights out. I don't do that again. Haha.
Sofar mine are doing okay but how tall was yours from soil at about 5 weeks-6 weeks from seed?

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

I used buckets too and drilled holes at the bottom for better air flow through the dirt.

Right on , I actually have a little hole near the bottom that tells me when the resevoir is full.
This way if they need water but not nutrients I can cut them down . Sofar so good.
I do worry about light getting into the roots but I'm not sure if that's a worry with just a little hole. Or root rot.

KDB42

KDB42

I did spray neem a little too early about 20 minutes before lights out. I don't do that again. Haha.
Sofar mine are doing okay but how tall was yours from soil at about 5 weeks-6 weeks from seed?
Not sure exactly. I do remember it growing kinda slow at least it felt that way. I topped mine so it didn't get very tall.

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

I can't wait any longer. They aren't very tall and I'm not sure but I almost see a mag deficiency or is it nitrogen toxicity ? Beginning flower in 10 days.
Couldn't even get them to reach my net that is about 20" off the soil. Then again I did germinate these seeds about 34 days ago.
How would you rate the growth?

20200904 083623
OklahomaTerpnado

OklahomaTerpnado

I can't wait any longer. They aren't very tall and I'm not sure but I almost see a mag deficiency or is it nitrogen toxicity ? Beginning flower in 10 days.
Couldn't even get them to reach my net that is about 20" off the soil. Then again I did germinate these seeds about 34 days ago.
How would you rate the growth?

did you ever figure out what they are? I think I have them too or at least I have small white bugs crawling in my soil. They are congregated like yours appear though.

E3C7AD57 62C2 4CC4 B73F 53B95B1455F1
EB669E14 F6CF 4133 88EF FAB26CDA9359
44BFFF33 14E3 4FCC A189 0B0BC78A0200
5C333674 1596 4AE6 A8BC DA893E26B348
5855EDF9 8E29 45B7 B74C 23FAAF860752

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Status update - no issues with the plants related to bugs. And the DE did not kill all of these bugs. They are still there but im no longer concerned . I can only ever find 1 or 2 bugs on the actual plant and there are no visual signs of harm . Thank you all for your help.
Kill them all 1 = 30 in 5 days then x 30 x30 x30 ect. after 1 week they're out of control. in veg 8-9 ml per liter Neem oil kills them on contact 3 days later hit them again then again after another 3-4 days. Never when they're in flower. That's the only way I could kill the bastards I had. I did it during the day in my garage under 60 incandescent llight with a fan on to blow dry them before I returned them to their room

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

Sofar I have no signs that these bugs are damaging the plants other then my inner vanes going slightly light or yellow.
Are you saying to use 1/30 ratio neem then 1/60 then 1/90 ?

Does anyone think the bugs are the reason my plants look sad because I did do some chiropractic on the main stems along with a defoliation and rubbed off the bud nubs to double them on Aug 29th.

Some of the older leaves that are discolored are actually from when I sprayed neem a little too soon before lights out. but the big leave on the back right plant that is turning yellow is new to me.

Using fox farm ocean forest mixed with nothing so im wondering if its a bit to much nutrients and also my nutrients dont escape because they end up in the water basin.

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

I've decided I don't want to take the chance and then I find there are other bugs ? Not sure what kind of hornet looking bug it is but I took them all outside in the shade and soaked them in the neem mixture. They are now dried out already but im considering a flush with hose water ( they receive ph balanced RO regularly. Let me know your thoughts.
Thank you for all your help

CF89

CF89

Sorry for the blurple pics but here’s a comparison of mine.

Also a noob grower. Second grow.

2000w and a 600w LED light.

General hydroponics nutrients. The entire line basically.

2 plants I topped. 2 I trained and did a manifold.

starting to see a ton of budsites now

We’re almost the same age. I think I’m around day 38. I’m going to veg for 2 months

CF89

CF89

Your growth seems to be a bit smaller than mine.

Yours also seem very young to be flipping to flower?? I’d be very curious how those little guys turn out.

or maybe I’m just vegging wayyyyyy too damn long? 🤷‍♀️

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

Your growth seems to be a bit smaller than mine.

Yours also seem very young to be flipping to flower?? I’d be very curious how those little guys turn out.

or maybe I’m just vegging wayyyyyy too damn long? 🤷‍♀️

Yeah im fairly sure I stunted the growth with these 1000w mars hydro lamps. I have two of them running 6 plants but I had them to close .
Ive since switched to using the lux meter app and it seems to be better.

You know what hit me today? I think I topped my plants also but im not sure. I rubbed off all the nodes including the center one and it shot out two branches . I could be wrong? or is topping when you take the whole top branch?

Anyways once I flip to flowering itll have been 6 weeks of veg. We are tired of buying our flower so we want to get one to the next cycle sooner then later.
( I live in Vegas). I dont see why I wont get about twice the growth and a decent amount of bud. I hope. haha

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

I have now determined that my R.O. water which is lacking in all minerals was causing a calcium and mag deficiency.
I did a watering with about a tbs per gallon epson salt but im not sure itll be enough because it wasnt a full watering.
Being that im using FFOC soil that already has all the other nutes in it , I had to try just the addition of epsom salt . Its been three days since adding and my leaves are still light green but I do see a bit more green in the plants I believe.

CF89

CF89

Yeah im fairly sure I stunted the growth with these 1000w mars hydro lamps. I have two of them running 6 plants but I had them to close .
Ive since switched to using the lux meter app and it seems to be better.

You know what hit me today? I think I topped my plants also but im not sure. I rubbed off all the nodes including the center one and it shot out two branches . I could be wrong? or is topping when you take the whole top branch?

Anyways once I flip to flowering itll have been 6 weeks of veg. We are tired of buying our flower so we want to get one to the next cycle sooner then later.
( I live in Vegas). I dont see why I wont get about twice the growth and a decent amount of bud. I hope. haha

sounds like you topped it. you cut the highest center stem off, and itll branch into two. just google "topping marijuana" and itll show a ton of excellent pics

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

sounds like you topped it. you cut the highest center stem off, and itll branch into two. just google "topping marijuana" and itll show a ton of excellent pics

That's the thing. I didn't think so because I didn't cut the highest branch. I just rubbed the highest center node off. Is that the same concept? Am I going to get hardly any yield now ? Haha

CF89

CF89

Cut it. Rub it. Slice it with a sword. Use a laser beam to slice it. An air wand. Catch it in the tent zipper. Doesn’t matter. It’s all the same concept if you truly stopped the growth of the center node and allowed those two side sprouts to be the dominant ones. You’ll know in 4 or so days.

And I don’t think it needs to be the highest branch either. It can be done 2-3-4 nodes down from the top. It can also be done on the side branches.

I believe topping a young plant once is guaranteed to be a benefit. And virtually no cons to it (someone correct me if I’m wrong)

BUT. With that being said. There is also such thing as topping too much. I’ve topped tops that have had their tops topped and turned each branch into like 8 or 16 and am almost being overwhelmed and scared I may end up with popcorn buds instead of like 64 or 128 massive colas off each branch like I had planned/dreamed lmao :p.

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

Cut it. Rub it. Slice it with a sword. Use a laser beam to slice it. An air wand. Catch it in the tent zipper. Doesn’t matter. It’s all the same concept if you truly stopped the growth of the center node and allowed those two side sprouts to be the dominant ones. You’ll know in 4 or so days.

And I don’t think it needs to be the highest branch either. It can be done 2-3-4 nodes down from the top. It can also be done on the side branches.

I believe topping a young plant once is guaranteed to be a benefit. And virtually no cons to it (someone correct me if I’m wrong)

BUT. With that being said. There is also such thing as topping too much. I’ve topped tops that have had their tops topped and turned each branch into like 8 or 16 and am almost being overwhelmed and scared I may end up with popcorn buds instead of like 64 or 128 massive colas off each branch like I had planned/dreamed lmao :p.

Your totally right. I did. Haha . Well they are coming back a little . I'll post a picture but my yield is definitely not going to be much unless I veg them out another month or so but again we really would rather move on to the next batch so we don't keep buying flower . The dispensaries out here are ridiculous and when you add it ul its about 27 or so % taxed. Haha . How is your grow going ?

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

Little update. I think adding calcium and salt to the RO water helped alot . Still slow growth but its speeding up plus I have been tying down branches.

20200915 082450
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have now determined that my R.O. water which is lacking in all minerals was causing a calcium and mag deficiency.
I did a watering with about a tbs per gallon epson salt but im not sure itll be enough because it wasnt a full watering.
Being that im using FFOC soil that already has all the other nutes in it , I had to try just the addition of epsom salt . Its been three days since adding and my leaves are still light green but I do see a bit more green in the plants I believe.
doesn't appear to be either calcium or magnesium in particular, they look a little hungry in general in my opinion. I find that after a few months in Fox Farm soil I have to start feeding them regularly, good luck with your first grow!

Travismilne89

Travismilne89

doesn't appear to be either calcium or magnesium in particular, they look a little hungry in general in my opinion. I find that after a few months in Fox Farm soil I have to start feeding them regularly, good luck with your first grow!

Thanks for your input. I have been wondering how depleted the fox farm soil is and it doesn't have much because it only supplied about 300 ppm on the runoff when I fed yesterday but I fed with 1200 ppm total. (Much of it being PH up , calcium and salt)
Sounds like maybe I should look at doing another feed in a day or two?
Where do you think my ppm should be at this size? I wanted to flip to flower but want them healthy first and would have rather them be larger but i topped them right before things went down hill. I thought it was my RO depleting the c/mag

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks for your input. I have been wondering how depleted the fox farm soil is and it doesn't have much because it only supplied about 300 ppm on the runoff when I fed yesterday but I fed with 1200 ppm total. (Much of it being PH up , calcium and salt)
Sounds like maybe I should look at doing another feed in a day or two?
Where do you think my ppm should be at this size? I wanted to flip to flower but want them healthy first and would have rather them be larger but i topped them right before things went down hill. I thought it was my RO depleting the c/mag
I find that I need to start feeding between six and eight weeks, dependent upon how heavy a feeder the strain is

Whereas you're just starting to feed them I would feed a plant that size around 450 or 500 ppm and within a few weeks I would be up around 650 PPM. I'd probably feed them and then the next time give them just straight 6.5 pH'ed water or some cycle like this till I saw what they needed, hope this helps

Last edited:
Top Bottom