soil mix okay?

• Thread starter kailiwela44
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kailiwela44

I have two Mango seeds that have just opened up their first single blade leaf. I will be transplanting them once and need some type of assurance that my soil mix will be good. I need a mix that can be used right away so i know something like blood meal wouldn't be good.
Before i get into what i am mixing into my soil i'll let you know what i'm doing and what i have. When they get transplanted i'll be doing a hempy bucquet. They are going to be in 2Gallon buckets with the bottom being perlite only. I plan to veg the girls for three weeks, two more weeks after the transplant and then begin 12/12.
So far my plan is to have Black Gold Organic potting soil (.05-0.0-0.0) 4quarts, perlite 2 quarts mixed with soil, 2 quarts peat moss, 2 quarts worm casting, bone meal, dolomite lime, coco coir brick to layer between the soil and perlite. I know it adds to more than two gallons so i'll make use of the extra some where else.
Liquid ferts i have are Alaskan F.E. 5-1-1. Cannabio flores 2.5-2.0-5.0. budswel 1-7-1 and superthrive. As far as using the nutes i'm thinking of using the AFE once per week with superthrive and no liquid nutes for the first two/three weeks of 12/12. From the third week of 12/12 i hope to use the budswell during every watering, recommeded by Soma, starting weak then moving to full dose. And i'll use the cannabio flores only twice a weeks, also recommended by Soma.
Am i thorough, missing something, or been herbing so much i'm paranoid about not doing things right?

much mahalo,
kailiwela44

G

Guano

Unless the mix is going to sit for at least a month before use I'd leave the bonemeal out as it's very slow release.Take a look at the compost tea thread as it's a great way to grow strong healthy plants if you don't have to use veg nutes.Use the superthrive at no more than 1/4 tsp gallon & don't use it in flower.Sounds like you're on the right track,keep us posted.

K

kailiwela44

I kinda get what your saying about the bone meal. But, I'm assuming that after transplant it'll be at least 8 weeks until harvest--two more weeks of veg and a minimum 6 weeks flowering w/optimal conditions which i don't have. My theory is that when the nutes from the bone meal begin to break down, roughly two weeks, she'll have about 4 weeks after that of me adding flowering nutes. After the fourth week of giving nutes i'll begin the flush.

kailiwela44

G

Guano

Either way will get the job done,it's just a matter of preference.

K

kailiwela44

oh okay. cool. Thank you for your insight Guano.

kailiwela44

Latest posts

Top Bottom