Soil will not dry out need expert advice... again!!!

• Thread starter Frego
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Yeah I agree with the soil part maybe it is not one you would water to run off, I read articles to fully saturate the soil however I’ve no perlite so I will not be trying that again!
And yeas I thing that theory is right with growing roots however I don’t want to drown them
I just need to amend my water techniques but I’ve learnt my lesson now but my plants have not suffered, I’m seeing fresh new green growth
LST’D last night and they have bounced back up in the dark period

I drilled holes in the pots all in the saturation zone so hopefully the soil can breath 4SIZE drill bit hope it’s bigger enough

next grow perlite will
Be added I’m 2 weeks in maybe I’ve stunted there growth they have stretched due to my lights being higher up due to
Heat problems but I’ve a ACinfinity fan coming Friday can’t wait to see what that will do for exhaust but due to my room I have no inlet so balancing it all is really hard

and yes many far few years down the line my son will be a master grower
I don’t want to give up just learn and this is a great place to do that
The AC Infinity fans are nice, I live in a mobile home so I cut holes in the floor to exhaust the tent air. Running it higher then half speed gets a little noisy I think. The problem with exhausting is as you say new air has to get into replace it. It does get in from the A/C system and the rest of the house but that means the house is drawing in outside air. That outside air makes the A/C system work harder. In my case outside this building the humidity is oppressive. so the A/C system has a real hard time keeping RH levels low inside. That has me rethinking my grow. I need to reduce my plants to just a a very few, one or two. I can do better in the winter but summers should be off season for growing where I'm at. I have about 6 clones well into flower and can't wait to turn off the lights on them, still another 4-6 weeks away. My aim is to simplify all aspects of this stuff.
BTW on Prime there is a British series with Jeremy Clarkson called 'Clarksons Farm". British humor, a guy totally out of the blue buys a 1000 acre farm in England and thinks he can farm it.

Frego

Frego

The AC Infinity fans are nice, I live in a mobile home so I cut holes in the floor to exhaust the tent air. Running it higher then half speed gets a little noisy I think. The problem with exhausting is as you say new air has to get into replace it. It does get in from the A/C system and the rest of the house but that means the house is drawing in outside air. That outside air makes the A/C system work harder. In my case outside this building the humidity is oppressive. so the A/C system has a real hard time keeping RH levels low inside. That has me rethinking my grow. I need to reduce my plants to just a a very few, one or two. I can do better in the winter but summers should be off season for growing where I'm at. I have about 6 clones well into flower and can't wait to turn off the lights on them, still another 4-6 weeks away. My aim is to simplify all aspects of this stuff.
BTW on Prime there is a British series with Jeremy Clarkson called 'Clarksons Farm". British humor, a guy totally out of the blue buys a 1000 acre farm in England and thinks he can farm it.
If I had a house I’d 100% install A/C
in my case I have 1 vent and I need to choose exhaust air or intake
What would you prefer
And my temps are 30c because of the summer so I agree with you
And I agree with you less plants, less hassle think I’ll knock 3 pots of next round..

yeah that programme is very popular he is very famous, very funny
I think amazon are cancelling it

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

What would you prefer
And I agree with you less plants, less hassle think I’ll knock 3 pots of next round..

my tents can get up to that same temperature inside, I dim the lights a bit and get it back to about 81 F. The humidity is high still and I had bud rot in a number of otherwise fine looking big colas. Its a bit heartbreaking to toss them. I have a really good little dehumidefier but the problem is it also creates heat. So I just use it to dry buds

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Put dehuie outside of tent.

Drier air is much easier to alter than wetter air. You pull the drier air into the tent and it works well.

You need a real dehumidifier though. Those small ones will NOT work

Frego

Frego

my tents can get up to that same temperature inside, I dim the lights a bit and get it back to about 81 F. The humidity is high still and I had bud rot in a number of otherwise fine looking big colas. Its a bit heartbreaking to toss them. I have a really good little dehumidefier but the problem is it also creates heat. So I just use it to dry buds
So hard balancing the Conditions wouldn’t topping it give smaller colas wouldNt that help

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

What would you prefer

just watched the whole season of Clarksons farm, I really enjoyed it. Sad to see them earn so little, I guess its feast or famine in farming. Maybe it will be picked up for a second season, I can see how the production may take many more months to film then the usual shows.

Frego

Frego

just watched the whole season of Clarksons farm, I really enjoyed it. Sad to see them earn so little, I guess its feast or famine in farming. Maybe it will be picked up for a second season, I can see how the production may take many more months to film then the usual shows.
He bought the
amazon probably paid him 5x the cost of that whole farm to make that show

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

I'm not there now its early morning 7;30 ish the A/C rheostat has a wifi connection its 74 degrees F and humidity 76%. Thats typical humidity for me inside with the AC going. The tent room would be higher.
The two tent exhaust fans lead outside so it creates a negative pressure. That will even pull sewer gas from the sink drains. I wanted to put a fresh air vent in the suction side of the AC so it can draw in fresh air run it right through the AC then dump it into the house eliminating any pressure difference. I just haven't dreamed up what I could punch a hole and insert into the suction side and put a air filter in it. The easy fix maybe something I seen on the web https://www.freshervent.com/shop.html#/.
People understand and try to eliminate pressure differances now with AC installs having a return in every room. Of course more returns would not fix this particular problem, that gizmo would. Maybe I could grow one plant and exhaust inside the room and not have terrible heat and humidity build up.? Something to think about

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Put dehuie outside of tent.

Drier air is much easier to alter than wetter air. You pull the drier air into the tent and it works well.

You need a real dehumidifier though. Those small ones will NOT work
I do have a pretty good one, draws a lot of water out of the air in just a few hours. But it creates heat too. It will raise the room temperature. And its an energy efficient one, not an old clunker. Where I live from June until about October we hot and sticky, no need to look at the weather forecast. I was thinking choose plants that orignated in simular areas of weather. They may be more resistant to molds and fungus. Central American strains, Thai, Vietnamese strains, some African strains.

Latest posts

Top Bottom