Solar panel grow

• Thread starter zooted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zooted

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas about setting one up with about 6 k worth of HID light? if money was no option what would it take for an ideal efficient set up?

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
I always wondered the same thing but it prob would take a football field of panels.

D

DazedNconfussed

I always wondered the same thing but it prob would take a football field of panels.

probly, and cost a few hundred thousond dollars....I bet one would have better luck using wind turbines.....

L

LBZ Farmer

I think you would definately need a lot of batteries the ability to shut off lights to save on power and I also think you would want to incorporate led lights. For the lower heat factor since a/c would not be as easy and a ton of fans wouldn't be practical.

D

Dubwobble

I have friends that run a 20 x 600watt room from solar panels that run the length of their roof. The setup includes 20 x 12 Volt batteries ( deep-cycle) that in turn feed a large power converter.

The also have a large water bladder under their main house that catches and stores all the rain water, which they use for the grow.

:character0103:

I really look up to them.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I've heard of a grow house nearby that runs 12 x 1000w during peak hours and his power bill is around 50$. 25k worth of solar panels, as the rumor goes

O

on tilt

Solar is pricey

I bet one would have better luck using wind turbines.....[/QUOTE]

I agree D&C... Not cost prohibitive. I have heard of a wind powered grow in Colorado. Not sure of the expense though.

R

RMCG

http://www.luminousledlighting.com/mosopogeontr.html

10k 240v:

yhst-80124654037813_2098_8982020

K

koopa troopa

the cylindrical wind turbines seem to be a possible option. you can DIY your own turbines and they have larger units for reasonable prices.

D

DazedNconfussed

That solar system is sweet...I love the way you can just hook it up and move so easily...but $64k....dammmmmm.....a pre built 10k watt wind turbine system/solar system would run around $20k....still pretty costly....allthough I bet if you had the knowledge to build one yourself you could do it for alot less....Hopefully in the near future going GREEN will be cheaper....

W

Weedseed

My friend priced a portable system like this good for a house and 3000 watts HID.It was 7500.00.At my electricl costs it would pay itself off in 2 yrs.My husband and I are definitely looking into doing this.I will post a link to the company when I'm home...peace

matamus

matamus

That solar system is sweet...I love the way you can just hook it up and move so easily...but $64k....dammmmmm.....a pre built 10k watt wind turbine system/solar system would run around $20k....still pretty costly....allthough I bet if you had the knowledge to build one yourself you could do it for alot less....Hopefully in the near future going GREEN will be cheaper....
don't let wind turbine power fool ya it work well and is basically free IE wind, but without doing a proper site research you could be up sh*t creek without a paddle, i have seen people just throw these up and oooopppps we didn't do enough research to the site angle and bearing to put it at. Some kind of solar with a battery back up would be sweet. and going green is like the kush craze more expensive cause of a name, there are plenty of building techniques that provide far greater effects on your carbon foot print than buying something thats labeled green, another marketing ploy to some extent.

O

Oregonic

If anyone can get a solar setup going and use any gov programs to offset cost, fucking golden! Pay it off in a few years then start selling power back to the grid :)

N

NeonBlackFlag

Getting solar panels for your entire house would pay itself off in years to come, but the start up is very pricey. My wife & I have been looking into solar panels for when we design our house. We want to be pretty much 100% off the grid. We also probably won't be doing too much indoor growing either though when we build our house. Just indoors for vegging and mothers/clones. Flowering outdoors in an autoflowerer. Ahhh, thats my dream! haha

L

LBZ Farmer

If anyone can get a solar setup going and use any gov programs to offset cost, fucking golden! Pay it off in a few years then start selling power back to the grid :)

Selling power back is a myth... You can't go past zero... Unfortunately.

K

koopa troopa

if they buy it from you, then you get paid way less than what they sell it for and possibly get capped on pricing.

D

demidragon

I heard you cannot sell it back to the grid but here in ca they will store it for you. The way it works is if you have enough power generation from the panels the little spinning meter will go backwards for you.

M

mrdizzle

I thought they have to buy extra power back from you, I thought they voted that law in

also there is a guy in my hood that has a solar panel company or something and his house is all decked out in panels, and he has a sign on the side of his house right on the sidewalk that shows is power bill from PGE in the (-) negative amounts

Top Bottom