Solar Power Generator

• Thread starter cway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

herby

Looks like you would need about 5 of them to run 1 room of 4k watts. Fans, lights ac ect... That runs arounjd 300 a month now and 5 of those would run you 10k.

300 a month is 3600 a year so these would pay for themselves in less than 3 years. Not bad really and if you look around you may be able to do better. Was reading an article earlier this year that said solar could be 25% of what it is now by the end of this year because of the worldwide slowdown there is an abundance of materials.

Im gonna give it another 6 months or so and see what happens. If prices do come down then I will set up in my new place with solar.

B

boxmunch9

I was thinking of starting a thread on solar/generators. I 4k room in cali cost more like 800 a month, so they will be worth it no doubt, so long as its sunny

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I can say first hand that the solar industry has slowed. For a few years we were building panels for the solar industry 24/7. Anything from control panels that control the lifts and molds for the actual manufacture of the solar panels, to huge control panel assemblies that controlled and ran huge banks of solar panels for energy storage. That work has dried up totally, and we were building 99% for countries overseas. Def interested to see where the market goes in the next few years.

C

cway

At 2K a Pop, and say one bought say 20.. thats 40Gs..

Now with 18K One can realisticly yeild at least 1.5lbs per light or 27 lbs of kind total, at like 3500 a lb= 94,500$ in one harvest

Pays for itself in 3 months or so.. And keeps one of the grid with no fuel.. Def gonna consider these for my next big grow... Might start out with 10..

C

cway

I was thinking of starting a thread on solar/generators. I 4k room in cali cost more like 800 a month, so they will be worth it no doubt, so long as its sunny

Damn I guess one would be fucked if it was rainy.. ?

J

Jalisco Kid

They do show the loss in charging and removing energy out of your system.So I would at least rate them 15% less. Unless you are a mother earth kinda guy you could but youself a nice gen and run it off bio fuel. JK

C

cway

They do show the loss in charging and removing energy out of your system.So I would at least rate them 15% less. Unless you are a mother earth kinda guy you could but youself a nice gen and run it off bio fuel. JK

Hey JK,

Not sure I get what you mean, losing power?

I have always wanted to look into Bio Diseil generators..

Ok Found one... I bet this shit is loud as hell..

http://www.generatorsales.com/order/Vegetable-Oil-Lister-Generator-6600-Watt.asp?page=L09989

Liking the idea of this as well..

J

Jalisco Kid

What a panel is rated for does not go into the battery 100% and far from it being discharged from the battery. Its like your car the battery is dead the solenoid will not even click but you can set there all day and listen to the radio. You can never use the whole capacity of the battery. JK

C

cway

What a panel is rated for does not go into the battery 100% and far from it being discharged from the battery. Its like your car the battery is dead the solenoid will not even click but you can set there all day and listen to the radio. You can never use the whole capacity of the battery. JK

Thanks Bro.. makes sense.. Kinda common sense i guess.. lol.. But I guess, Like my mom said.. Common sense aint that common.lol.. thanks for the info..

:passingjoint:

P

punkadc

how good would one of these work for a small-scale grower?
could you pull enough power to run a small grow, say a 400w setup without all the bells and whistles?

C

cway

if you use the 15% reduction it still performs at 1540 W so Id say yes.. You can run a 400 easy...

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
you couldntn run one of these in the uk.. u would be fucked :) lolz

J

Jalisco Kid

They make nice packages to quiet down the engine for yachts and custom buses. JK

P

punkadc

if you use the 15% reduction it still performs at 1540 W so Id say yes.. You can run a 400 easy...

thats cool cuz not only could you get off the grid, but you could grow where you dont have elec... like the attic....or the back of a u-haul...or...anywhere...hmmm....

C

cway

thats cool cuz not only could you get off the grid, but you could grow where you dont have elec... like the attic....or the back of a u-haul...or...anywhere...hmmm....

Very true..I thought about 18 wheeler truck Boxs.. The Long ones... No one would suspect that.. .I could be wrong...but if you fun 12/12 then a 1000W really only eats 500W in a 24 hour period..so you could stretch the power some I think.. You could run LIghts at night and recharge in the day...

N

Nuglover

Check out what Konarka is doing with solar tech. It blows silicon solar panels out of the water. They've really got some cool new stuff coming out like a solar ink that comes in multiple colors. Each color collects power from a different spectrum of light. These colors can be "painted" over each other. So 1sqft "painted" with 4 colors would equal 4sqft. This in can use in a modified inkjet printer. Eventually you should be able to "paint" your car or house and run off the power it collects. Really neat ideas from these guys. There are some videos on youtube if curious.

N

Nuglover

some really interesting stuff...thanks for sharing, nuglover!

My pleasure. I've been looking for ways to go completely off grid now for about 3 yrs now. These guys at Konarka have some good ideas. I'm working on a new type of generator myself but until my patent is approved I'm gonna leave it at that. Off grid is the goal.Living in a non-med state I'd pay a lil more for non monitered power usage. Cheap off grid power is my wet dream and many other people's I'd bet.

C

cway

My pleasure. I've been looking for ways to go completely off grid now for about 3 yrs now. These guys at Konarka have some good ideas. I'm working on a new type of generator myself but until my patent is approved I'm gonna leave it at that. Off grid is the goal.Living in a non-med state I'd pay a lil more for non monitered power usage. Cheap off grid power is my wet dream and many other people's I'd bet.

Good Shit man.. Intresting stuff..

Im gonna buy some of these next month and ill post some results.. Test run if you will..

Latest posts

Top Bottom