Greenhouse 003

Breaker panel and thermostats, 1 for exhaust fan and 1 for intake shutters
Greenhouse 006

Intake shutters
Greenhouse 004

Billygoat

Billygoat

Morning,

thanks for posting this info. I never even heard of this product before and glad I found this thread. I'm going to be putting up a greenhouse no later then this spring and glad I found this thread about this produce. Thanks for sharing the info on the cover and the air flow. Man, I can't wait to get my greenhouse up. Your setup looks great. The your know who High ;) Chickenman.
Take care,
BG

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks BG.. Glad to help. We had our farm amnager, CBF put the cover on its pretty simple, will find out exactly where we purchased material, they are great helping with install info as ell....KEY is that air movin round and out...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You have a farm manager? You're not messin' around, are you?

So, last Monday I hurt myself kind of badly, getting out of the back of our Excursion while trying to get bender board tied to the garden tractor cart, and I REALLY messed up my knee badly. It felt like it fell apart. Anyway, it's put me damn near completely dead in the water. I have beds that need to be built and my husband has a full time job, he can't do it all, nor do I want him to. But this ONE stupid mistake has me hobbling and I can't get myself up and down the slope. (Our property has pretty much no flat areas, at least, not the areas near the house.)

At this point I can't even build a hoop house, and I think we're going to need it this year and into fall. This morning is cloudy and I'm fairly certain rain's on the way, it rained ALL yesterday afternoon after Dave got ONE bed tilled up and he won't work in the rain (I will, I love it). All I need are to get these beds done, get the beans planted, and I could probably water them literally from our back deck until the beans pop.

More of my hard-earned $$$ out the window to go to the doctor, buy knee bracing, an ice pack, just a bunch of bullshit for one fucking misstep! I was being extremely careful with the lawn tractor because the slopes can get kind of steep, and I hurt myself in the DRIVEWAY.

One of the few times in my life I've squirted tears for getting hurt. I truly thought that when I looked down at my leg I was going to see blood and bone sticking out. But more than the pain is the fact that I've fucked myself as far as getting stuff DONE. I have plans, I need to get this stuff done! :evilgrin0040:

Ain't much level property in these mountains, but right now I'm kind of lamenting that we maybe should have bought property a little further downcountry since it's easier to find level plots. Me? I didn't care about level or not when we were looking. I loved the view.
facepalm.gif

Sorry for the rant. It's gonna be a week tomorrow and I'm not better yet. I'm going insane.
:rain

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
It's gonna be a week tomorrow and I'm not better yet. I'm going insane...

Hang in there, youll get it done. Get well 1st and the rest will follow....

Yes did have a farm manager. However hes gone for summer. Its up to me to fill his shoes. He did a lot of work to make it a little easier for me. We also have 4 to 5 part time employees. 2 egg ladys working daily collecting, washing and boxing eggs, a retired fella who works for his meds.,barn cleaners, could not get by without them. My wife retired to farm 2 yrs ago after 45 years as a Registered nurse, she worked in a juvienal detention facility as a phsyc nurse so she understands my craziness. She handles the veg garden, canning and preserving as well as making me the happiest man alive!!!
Time now to go milk goats along with strong french roasted organic coffee made with french press with raw cow cream thick as butter and a Bob Marley memorial hash spleef for me and Snow White,:passingjoint: looking forward another great day.
Home 071 800x600

hempster333

hempster333

tuff tex

you guys should look into tuff-tex translucent white only. less money easier to use cuts with shears you can not see thru it greenhouses look like tool sheds and it seems to magnify light rays. have used it more than ten years.

organicozarks

organicozarks

We choose the 5 ml as were at 6200 feet. We heated with propane last winter way too expensive. Will consider other winter growing methods in cold weather Temps can reach 110 plants love it. We do have thermostats that open lovered doors and fans blowing out hot air. Also key are fans constantly circulating air good for plants It was expensive but in the long run worth it as we grow a lot more than mj in the house. We also have a 6,000 sq ft veggie garden raise as much food as we can, support local organic sustainable farms, stay away from store bought food like substances...raw goat milk and cheese, chicken, grass fed beef, lots of local fruits, we live in paradise...
You can get an outdoor wood stove, with a radiator for the greenhouse, and then a fan to blow the hot air off of the radiator for about $4,000. If you find something used you could get it lower. I have a friend who does aquaponics, and he uses this setup. He had a mishap with his ventilation one day and it was 110f in there for a bit. No shortage of heat, and long term it is cheap.

organicozarks

organicozarks

Don't know. I did just look at their facebook, and I love what they are doing. It seems to be an overall nice farm.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thinking about small wood stove to heat...inside house.....
Keep humidity down, would be warm for sure.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Don't know. I did just look at their facebook, and I love what they are doing. It seems to be an overall nice farm.

They also have a thread here where they've outlined the process. IIRC, it's the same as what they're posting on their facebook page.

organicozarks

organicozarks

Thinking about small wood stove to heat...inside house.....
Keep humidity down, would be warm for sure.
I have seen a couple of stoves inside the house, but I have seen more outside. I don't know why other than to think of all of the moisture. Although you would think a stove inside would help to dry up the air. Hell, I think I just confused myself.:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Why is our gas oven more humid than our electric convection (with or without convection)? IIRC, I was told that there is water in the propane, and it's released when it's used. Could the same be true here?

There, mayhaps I helped add to the confusion. :D

Nomads Landing

Nomads Landing

I've been pricing out Solex and it's not in the cards for me anytime soon. I am in the mountains, lower elevation, but I would dearly love to block prying eyes in the skies. I've been wondering about trying a low-% shade fabric for that, but lowest I can find is 20%-30% and I think that's way too much sunlight being blocked to get good bud production. Any thoughts on that?
We've used shade fabric when we lived on the San Juan Ridge in the Sierra Foothills, I can't say I every noticed a drop in yeild or dankness. But we never ran tests either. Part of our crop was under a 30% shade cover during the heat of the day. Also we have talked for a couple of years now about running a partial shade crop or at least to filter the hot late afternoon sun, with full sun exposure before setting; on the other hand some of the most omni potent buds we've smoked came from a light dep we did here, in full sun at elevation 4250. At Oaksterdam, Richard Lee stated that the trichs are a form of UV block, so the more UV (to an extent of course) means more trich production or closer to genetic maximums however you want to look at it. It was the only variable we hadn't accounted for on that light dep crop, whew it was stupefying! Some fucking Urkle at that.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We are now getting 12 hours of visible daylight...
Just may install wood stove to heat amd flower up some plants..,...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Probably a great investment,worth 10 times more now,lol.

Top Bottom