Solo Cup Challenge - Inspired by Bean throwing Day

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancorn

mancorn

Oh damn look at them roots!

Starting my little breeding experiment. Popped a male earlier last month and saved all the pollen. So I have right here a Northern Storm Auto x Humbolt Dream.
Im told it will take a minimum of 3 back cross breeds to get a stable auto. But it is very cool to think I’m making my own strain up in here.
as always friends, be well and grow on.

GJ
GJ you should remove all the greenery from your pollen so you have it as clean as possible. The plant material will attract moisture (and mold) and destroy your pollen. Real important to keep the pollen dry.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

GJ you should remove all the greenery from your pollen so you have it as clean as possible. The plant material will attract moisture (and mold) and destroy your pollen. Real important to keep the pollen dry.

thanks man corn will do. Good to know these little tricks.

@Fudge don’t count me out yet. I could loaded up with seeds or just have a very strategically placed pebble on the scale ;p.

Fudge

Fudge

thanks man corn will do. Good to know these little tricks.

@Fudge don’t count me out yet. I could loaded up with seeds or just have a very strategically placed pebble on the scale ;p.
That's whats been asked for over a week mate, we needed to have chosen our pick last Friday I think. @tomatoesarecooltoo has been asking who's still in. As you can see I offered to up pot mine and start again if people wanted to to make it a decent race

Fudge

Fudge

So there’s you, me, grownsince95, tomatoes, and who else?
You will have to ask @tomatoesarecooltoo, as he's OP. He posted a week ago for everyone to declare their entries and only me and @Grownsince95 posted our plants. Its not my place to sort out the rules and stuff but we've all had strict dates to keep to mate.

Which ones your plant as you can't just say, I might have something on the scales really tbf to everyone who declared themselves out due to time.

If I'd had till now I'd have chosen differently too as the double blacks a lot bigger now.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Dude. Y choice was simple. I planted two beans , only one popped that’s what I got. And it was a shrimpy auto, hence the breeding with it. But it’s still in a cup.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I was never in this for the seeds anyway. I am swimming in beans right now. I just wanted to give this a shot because I never tried it before and it's fun. 👍

It's a bummer we're short on participation but I'm learning a lot anyway and challenging myself and having fun watching the other plants which is always great.

20210302 231040

Fudge

Fudge

I'm in the UK and shipping here not happening much so was ever in it for the seeds, I've got more than enough in planning to take me a few years to get through. I even offered to give up and start again with more people. Only asked to see ur plant. And still havnt. To go bk to the race analogy. You can't just show up at the finish line and say I was taking part all along. Only fair on everyone to show your progress.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Update:

Wtf with the crazy stretch?

I've been getting away with watering once a day at lights on but that's quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Need to figure some shit out if these are going to make a full run. 🤔

#4 has been culled already due to #reasons
#3 is next if space gets tight.

20210308 213316

20210308 213133

20210308 213044

P.S....the crazy stretch is probably due to the cheapo $50 amazon lights 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
This is the worst! Omg never again. Truly a challenge to say the least. I'm too lazy to figure out an auto water/feed for them so its been by hand and it's a bitch. I get up stupid early for work so they get one at 7pm and another about 3am.

Feed is about 600 ppm of my usual GH stuff. Wicked tip burn last week at 800 so I backed off. Putting about 8-10 oz through at a time. The runoff will start at about 6 oz.

20210310 192926

Fudge

Fudge

Day 6 flower. I've gave her a tiny bump of pk to try and trigger flowers asap. I'm running way behind tbf. She's looking very happy and healthy though but stretch is coming and she's draining her mini NFT tank in 12 hours
20210311 234755
20210310 160110

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Sooo,
shes still a sexy midget. As I mentioned in an earlier post, giving up on a podium placement, but it gives me the breeding opportunity.

I did a pollination during week 3? Of bloom, I’m technically in week 6ish, however, everything is moving slower right now. Ambient temp in the lab is only 60-62f, this veg tent only gets to 66-68f so temps off slowing down the timeline on my flower.

Question to the community!
should I do any other dose of pollen as there are still white pistils? Or let her be?

A64F919B 0EF9 46D9 926E 2A42BEC61102
23659447 06C4 4F2C 9413 1C412EAED802
4968F513 BFD7 4730 80BE 04E1B22E8762
Top Bottom