Solo cup test/grow tent.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

Well after not finding one the size I wanted, I made myself a little solo cup grow tent.

I've built this out of 1x2's and panda film. Once I confirm this is the correct size tent, I will replace the wood frame with a PVC pipe frame.

The size is 18" x 18" x 36". After looking at many solo cup grows, I've come up with a decent size tent that should accommodate the majority of solo cup grows.

The goal of this project is to have an environment, that is adequate, cheap and easily reproducible built specifically for a solo cup. This will enable me to both try my hand at the solo cup challenge, and run tests on lights, nutrients, training/pruning methods ect.

My first goal will be to flower one of my clones and see how big it gets in the space provided.

Waiting on Amazon for the blower fans I will use to exhaust the tent. Cords will go through the back top, the door is a flap, that is held closed and sealed with velcro.
PVC version will be taped up nice leaving no lose ends. This is just proof of concept.
I hope...
20190804 121243

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well after not finding one the size I wanted, I made myself a little solo cup grow tent.

I've built this out of 1x2's and panda film. Once I confirm this is the correct size tent, I will replace the wood frame with a PVC pipe frame.

The size is 18" x 18" x 36". After looking at many solo cup grows, I've come up with a decent size tent that should accommodate the majority of solo cup grows.

The goal of this project is to have an environment, that is adequate, cheap and easily reproducible built specifically for a solo cup. This will enable me to both try my hand at the solo cup challenge, and run tests on lights, nutrients, training/pruning methods ect.

My first goal will be to flower one of my clones and see how big it gets in the space provided.

Waiting on Amazon for the blower fans I will use to exhaust the tent. Cords will go through the back top, the door is a flap, that is held closed and sealed with velcro.
PVC version will be taped up nice leaving no lose ends. This is just proof of concept.
I hope...View attachment 885715

Such a nice healthy solo cup plant. Very cool set up.

B

Burned Haze

Very sexy

it would soo cool if THCF did the 6inch pot competition or party cup with journals , sounds so much fun. I would be so down

Anyways looking awesome and good luck with your journey ( subbed)

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

Woow... Nice!! You just made my day. Nit that i see what can be done in one solo cup I'll be following in your footsteps soon. I'm from EU so i don't know how much is one solo cup. 200ml? 300ml?

BigCube

BigCube

What kind of damage are we talking about here?

20190807 122925
20190807 122931

I'm not going to do anything but water it, so far this strain has been hard for me to kill. Its strong enough to not need root hormone when cloning and still roots in 7 days. They love to be topped, and we will see if they love to be beaten.

BigCube

BigCube

Incase you guys didn't notice. That's not the same plant lol. The real plant is unbeaten but I have topped it. I will give it a week or so before I flip the light.

20190808 145016

Also I have installed the blower fans. They are small. But the cfm is almost 1.5 times the internal volume.

5v PC blower fans. They are cheap, quiet and easy to wire. 5v USB adapter used to power it.

BigCube

BigCube

How is it today?

Well after lopping the top off and beating it with a stick, I just left it. Gave it water and nutrients but didn't tape it, splint it, or anything else.

This was originally supposed to test the toughness of my strian and maybe a bit of a joke. But I'd say it passed the test and I have to re score the match.

PVC stick 0
WW Strain 1

SwishaSweet

SwishaSweet

I have a small grow going myself I'm scared to post it to shy lmao!

DirtKing

DirtKing

I have a small grow going myself I'm scared to post it to shy lmao!
Post it up. At worst, you and your plants benefit from it. Constructive criticism is good. You don't need $1k lights and top end equipment to grow decent buds, but they sure are nice to have. Nothing to be embarrassed about. My plant is growing in a 2 cu ft (12x12x24") custom grow cab, PC fans, she's about 6" long from soil to tip with about two weeks until chop.

Sorry for the hijack

DirtKing

DirtKing

BigCube, what kind of lights are those? I see the e26 socket... looks like a reflector/heatsink around the bulb?

J

Jump420

Such a nice healthy solo cup plant. Very cool set up.
Fellow Murder Mitten/Michigan/The D What up Dóooo. We all need to link up. I really want to start an exclusive spot that we can all meet and network. Rule one tules stay in whip. No young dumb can't think past go or aim lames. Set up orderly kinda like a bike club. If I'm crazy let me know. Could use a partner

Top Bottom