Solvent-less Vs Butane extraction

• Thread starter ryanindica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ryanindica

ryanindica

Ryan, sorry your thread has been hijacked. Hope you are learning some things in the process.
I did not come here to argue. Cannabis Alchemy is all it is. Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation spread around on forums.

IME, Good dry sift (pure heads lacking plant material) takes longer than 10 minutes to make. bubbleman's dry sift tutorial is excellent.

Basically, When it comes to the highest % numbers the solvent extractions win.
The essential oils from the heads are removed and without the presence of fats lipids and waxes.
You end up with a higher percentage of thc in the extract.

The results show in lab testing. Since photos get right to the point.
Here is a photo that helps to show the test results. All was made from the same product.

Props to Sticky Business and Herbal Synergy for sharing the photo. I find this makes it easier for most people to see the differences.

Although the oil is the highest % wont have the same flavor along with flavanoids and terpenoids. But during the conversion of thca into thc you get an even higher % of thc.

Supporting information below...

http://cannabischris.com/2012/10/decarboxylation-of-cannabis/#.UvZbsEJdVwp
http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

View attachment 376969

Kindness!

bro your post have been on point! and the evolution of the forum always happens, its human nature. i just dont like when people try to act superior to others because they enjoy a different thing. to each there own right? i can never argue with facts (which you have presented time and time again and i agree with) just peoples opinions

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
bro your post have been on point! and the evolution of the forum always happens, its human nature. i just dont like when people try to act superior to others because they enjoy a different thing. to each there own right? i can never argue with facts (which you have presented time and time again and i agree with) just peoples opinions
Thanks, I like flowers dry sift bubble and extracts.
Agreed, You are the one that has to smoke or ingest it.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
My dry sift would put any dabber on the floor. It's a far more well rounded high.

lol whatever, get off the dope. i smoked hash for years before switching to oil only pretty much. occasionally i take a hit of pure sift. its not amazingly stronger(a bit different in effect i think though), and doesnt vaporize nearly as easily as oil.

Natural

Natural

Ryan, sorry your thread has been hijacked. Hope you are learning some things in the process.
I did not come here to argue. Cannabis Alchemy is all it is. Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation spread around on forums.

IME, Good dry sift (pure heads lacking plant material) takes longer than 10 minutes to make. bubbleman's dry sift tutorial is excellent.

The essential oils from the heads are removed and without the presence of fats lipids and waxes.

Here is a photo that helps to show the test results. All was made from the same product.

Props to Sticky Business and Herbal Synergy for sharing the photo. I find this makes it easier for most people to see the differences.

Although the oil is the highest % wont have the same flavor along with flavanoids and terpenoids. But during the conversion of thca into thc you get an even higher % of thc.

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

View attachment 376969

Kindness!

Wow that's interesting. I thought the only way to remove lipids wax and fats out of an ethanol wash was to winterize and filter. I'd love to know there breakdown on temps.

B

BestAround

don't put down BHO until u actually smoke good BHO. I did this years ago.. and now that I found and make good bho.. its just as good as good dry sift.. but most people don't make GREAT DRY SIFT.. so that's y its easier to make a better bho. dry sift goes for 25 in my area a gram.. and it don't matter if its ALL HEADS or HALF STALK HALF HEADS.. no1 even looks at it . they don't care if its bomb.. and u get 1% returns or not..

so production wise.. it makes sense to make bho. that goes for 40-100 a gram. and potent as fuck

M

mcpuffin

Wow that's interesting. I thought the only way to remove lipids wax and fats out of an ethanol wash was to winterize and filter. I'd love to know there breakdown on temps.
Depends on material. Generally up to 120* for shatter, up to 140* for wax, and upwards of 160*+ to get honey (no waxes/fats).

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I posted the temp breakdown in links in the post above.

B

BestAround

I was just stating.. that in my area.. it doesn't matter if I made dry sift.. that's almost all heads.. or if I make a single screen pass.. either way.. it goes for the same price.. no one that smokes pulls out a scope to see wat it is.. they take a whiff .. and buy it.. iuno don't get me wrong.. me personally I smoke kief.. but only from buds. my trim goes into bho.

B

BestAround

I personally mix my dry sift with some bho.. a gram to a gram.. and make a nice jelly that's tasty and is super fuckin potent

W

whoispacman

View attachment 376969

Kindness!

"Oil is made by heating the extract to a point that allows the waxes, fats and lipids to vaporize; but does not vaporize the oils. This is also the point of decarboxilation." (I could not find this in the articles but is what interests/perplexes me the most.)

I'm not trying to start an argument here and I'm also sorry for bring up a dead thread but I need a little clarification. Lead, I went through the two links you posted and I cannot find anything about the waxes, lipid, fats, ect vaporizing off. What temperature does this occur? I was under the assumption that with the use of a steam distillation apparatus that you would be boiling off the terpenes and thc and be leaving behind the waxes. I'd really love to finally figure out once and for all how this "solventless" honey oil looking stuff (the clear concentrate harborside, hgh solvent free, errl star epoch venture) is being made. Are they simply making drysift/bubble and decarbing while collecting lost terps in a cold trap to recombine?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
"Oil is made by heating the extract to a point that allows the waxes, fats and lipids to vaporize; but does not vaporize the oils. This is also the point of decarboxilation." (I could not find this in the articles but is what interests/perplexes me the most.)

I'm not trying to start an argument here and I'm also sorry for bring up a dead thread but I need a little clarification. Lead, I went through the two links you posted and I cannot find anything about the waxes, lipid, fats, ect vaporizing off. What temperature does this occur? I was under the assumption that with the use of a steam distillation apparatus that you would be boiling off the terpenes and thc and be leaving behind the waxes. I'd really love to finally figure out once and for all how this "solventless" honey oil looking stuff (the clear concentrate harborside, hgh solvent free, errl star epoch venture) is being made. Are they simply making drysift/bubble and decarbing while collecting lost terps in a cold trap to recombine?
250f for 30 minutes will do the job. Lipid temps are not listed on the page I provided. I included a link below.

Different producers that produce solventless use different methods. So the clear vs hbc solvent free is not the same process. I was told the process for the clear and that is what was shared. Does not cover hbc or other methods.
Some solventless extracts are similar that they are decarboxilated and can be eaten. Remove the solvent and test via residual solvent testing in a lab to produce an extract that is solvent free. Does not mean solvent was never used. Hyper Baric Chamber does not use a solvent.

boiling point of plant lipids
https://www2.chemistry.msu.edu/faculty/reusch/virttxtjml/lipids.htm

Hope that helps.

E

extractor

so you guys are bitchin about having smoke?....hahahahah sounds like what your smoking is better than smoking nada

Top Bottom