• Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dab science

Heres the third press
20161104 143050

D

dab science

1ve done 180*....Wasn't happy. Stepped it up in 5* increments until 225*. Found to be perfect.
Did you let your 180*f become exposed to the air for a few days or are you refering to hot off the press

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Did you let your 180*f become exposed to the air for a few days or are you refering to hot off the press

Hot off the press, hrs later, even days later. Most my ppl want stable as can be. Not buddering/waxing up like bho. Even my 225& pulls after a week (maybe 2 if it sticks around that long) at 75* ambient, still gets a bit buddery. 73* seems to be the sweet holding temp.

D

dab science

So your saying if you store it at 73*f it dosent budder up? If so do you find it to become more stable as time goes?

D

dab science

I'm pressing around 200* now. Probably will go a little higher. I do run my top plates afew degrees warmer than my bottoms.
I can only set one temp I dont have the option of setting each plate individually and my temp references are what my plate regular reads out at which is not necessarily accurate its wierd I have this thermometer for meat I put inbetween the plates and it dosent read the same as my regulator reads its quite wierd some temps it will read colder where others will read hotter do you have the one zone or the 2 zone @DemonTrich

D

dab science

I also have a air compressor and a air/hydraulic bottle jack setup im going to have hard wired next month by my landlords electric guy hopefully by that time ill be able to order another press and plates so I can really crank it out fast then I plan on upgradeing the plates to the ones where you can have 2-4 pressing surfaces on one press

D

dab science

DemonTrich said:
Use an IR temp gun. Hit some parchment squished for a temp reading. My pid controller upper and lower, only 1 set temp though.
Bro thats genius I thought ir temp guns were completely out of the question cuz the plates are reflective so they dont read right at all but useing the parchment to counter the reflective issue is super smart.... do you peal the parchmemt apart and laser where the plates meet?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Set desired temp, press parchment folded over like you would with a bag, but no bag. Wait 30 seconds, lift the parchment like your looking at the rising coming out, get a reading there .

D

dab science

Set desired temp, press parchment folded over like you would with a bag, but no bag. Wait 30 seconds, lift the parchment like your looking at the rising coming out, get a reading there .
Very nice

D

dab science

That last one I was going for a borat voice I hope thats how you heard in in your head lol

Top Bottom