Some Help With Test Results Please....

• Thread starter Ladyv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ladyv

Ladyv

@Graywolf
I'm tagging you in this because I really respect your knowledge and would like your input.
All others welcome too of course!!

I realize with processing the results aren't linear, but this is a bit further off than I expected

Flower tested by The Werc Shop 0.65 THC and 13.32 CBD.
Sent out for closed loop processing, then tested when it came back...
Oil results are 9.30 THC 72.07 CBD

So, my 20:1 flower becomes 7.7:1 oil??

Thanks in advance!

Calixylon

Calixylon

Probably was an inconsistency in the testing, either in the flowers before hand, or possibly the oil after. But id geuss the flowers could have had more thc

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
WTF? I thought all numbers would be coming back higher, because it's concentrated, and in the same proportion/order of magnitude. Tagging along to learn.

Ladyv

Ladyv

@Seamaiden , I've read that it's never quite in the same proportion - I'm really trying to wrap my head around this. I need my meds to be as consistent as possible as this is treating seizures in one patient, and Parkinson's in another.

@Calixylon, if I had only one pheno tested as flower, then as oil, I would tend to agree with you, but I have a couple pheno's from this strain tested under 1% THC, both turned into oil in separate batches, both came back with similar test results as above regarding the ratio's.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Guessing here but you could be getting some type of conversion in the process
Could also be the testing as mentioned by others, I've had samples from same batch of flowers test VERY different.
Lost faith in the lab I was using after that fiasco.

Graywolf

Graywolf

@Graywolf
I'm tagging you in this because I really respect your knowledge and would like your input.
All others welcome too of course!!

I realize with processing the results aren't linear, but this is a bit further off than I expected

Flower tested by The Werc Shop 0.65 THC and 13.32 CBD.
Sent out for closed loop processing, then tested when it came back...
Oil results are 9.30 THC 72.07 CBD

So, my 20:1 flower becomes 7.7:1 oil??

Thanks in advance!

A good question and I suspect testing accuracy. It is harder to accurately test bud than oil and there is a lack of testing standardization in general.

starr

starr

Aurum labs is fantastic. I use too deal with full spectrum. All labs are not created equally. But ive seen a major improvement in the last couple years. Like said the lack of standardization makes it a crap shoot at the moment. Ive had the same batch test up too %5 +- different from different labs soooo idk know anymore. If i didnt have too have anything tested before handed off to my local disp. I wouldnt.

420circuit

420circuit

Maybe the difference is because of the decarb. Did the testing include levels of THCa and CBDa also? I think to max CBD the decarb is warmer and longer than for THC. That is why I am growing the R14er(CW) to make CBD oil separate from the "regular" oil.

happylittle

happylittle

I thought id jump in here with my 2 cents.
First off a lil on my background i ran a small hplc lab in MI for a couple years.

one of the things i noticed was that the ratio from a test on flower/ trim often varied from the corresponding concentrate. I believe this is due to a couple diffrent factors.

-the levels of cannabinoids vary in diffrent parts of the plant. the ratio is often closer when blind batch testing is done on everything that is going into the concentrate.

-also the process used to make the concentrate. (This is not my area of expertise but ill try and explain my thoughts on this)
-Diffrent solvents vary in how they pull molecules from the plant. This is why we prefer certain solvents/mixtures.
-also the temperatures/times used in processing can also effect the outcome.

Like the others also said testing can be a HUGE issue as lab standards are few and far between when it comes iy our beloved cannabis.

Hopefully this helps.

-:)

Ladyv

Ladyv

Every response helps in one way or another. :-)

For those that are interested:

Complete test results

Flower:
MAXIMUM AVAILABLE (Wt. %)
THC 0.65
CBD 13.32
CBG 0.98
INDIVIDUAL COMPONENTS in Weight Percent (%)
THC 0.11
THCA 0.62
CBD 0.47
CBDA 14.66
CBG 0.44
CBGA 0.61
THCVA 0.04
CBN NoneDetected

Oil:
MAXIMUM AVAILABLE (Wt. %)
THC 9.30
CBD 72.07
CBG 3.68
INDIVIDUAL COMPONENTS in Weight Percent (%)
THC 9.30
THCA NoneDetected
CBD 70.02
CBDA 2.34
CBG 3.68
CBGA NoneDetected
THCVA NoneDetected
CBN 0.08

The oil was made from the flowers - not trim.

I'm still researching and trying to figure this out.

happylittle

happylittle

Just a late night thought before bed.
Is there any chance that in any point in processing your material it became contaminated with some thc due to dirty equipment or them adding to fill a chamber.
highly unlikely from a reputable extract artist but human error acounts for alot isuues.
best of luck

Ladyv

Ladyv

Just a late night thought before bed.
Is there any chance that in any point in processing your material it became contaminated with some thc due to dirty equipment or them adding to fill a chamber.
highly unlikely from a reputable extract artist but human error acounts for alot isuues.
best of luck

Actually, you have a very good point. I did not perform the extraction - so this is a variable that I will never be sure of :-(

420circuit

420circuit

When I ran my first batch of CBD oil, using the same counter top still as the 'regular' oil, I didn't bother to clean the distiller with alcohol, even though there was a little residue remaining from previous runs, it looked harmless. The still operates at a high enough temperature to boil the liquid, and the material is suspended in 95% ethanol, so it all looked sterile enough, but I believe that some THC from a previous run 'contaminated' the CBD batch, causing a slightly stoney oil. Going to wipe everything down with alcohol before doing the next CBD run and see if the oil is 'tamer.' Good detail to notice, live and learn. RSO distiller

Ladyv

Ladyv

Sigh. Ok, just verified, he admitted he didn't clean it thoroughly. There was residue in the column. :( I am so frustrated I have no words.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Sigh. Ok, just verified, he admitted he didn't clean it thoroughly. There was residue in the column. :( I am so frustrated I have no words.

I just started a Rant thread in the smokers lounge if you find some choice words you'd like to say outloud ;)

420circuit

420circuit

It's an honest mistake, never occurred to me, the equipment looks clean enough, but never having worked in a lab makes this a learning experience. Might be something else involved too, maybe related to decarb of the different compounds.

Ladyv

Ladyv

Re decarb, there is only a finite amount of compounds to convert. Those amounts are shown in the test results, and math can help us see where we can land on max % - its the beauty of science, at least thats how I understand it.

The dirty column? That's a variable that I never considered. Its human error, it's forgivable. It's just frustrating. He admitted outright he just wipes it down, but there was buildup from prior runs. I'll be able to cap up donate for pain/cancer patients as they require a lower dose/different ratios which I can turn this into, so it's not a total loss for my time, but for the seizure patient I'm working with, it sucks big time and I feel horrible about that.

Peace!

Top Bottom