Something growing in my coco

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I had a compressed brick of coco that I expanded. I let it sit in a 15 gallon tub for like a week and a half or 2. I would stir it up every now and then to keep moisture distributed. It was my first time using coco and after some research I decided to just stick to soil until I get a little more experience. So there it sat in the laundry room. The other day I went to do laundry and noticed a plant growing out of it.

Has this ever happened to anybody? And more importantly do you know what plant it is? It was GH coco coir if that matters. I have since planted the little guy in a 4" pot and set him on the window seal. I'll post a pic in a week or so when its more developed. Not the medicine I want but it'd be cool to have a coconut tree. Lol.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Yea thats happened to me, it could be a zillion diffrenttype of plant, most likely a weed.
Confu

monkeymun

monkeymun

Definitely not a coconut tree. Coconuts trees grow from, funnily enough, coconut. I think you'd notice if there was a whole coconut hiding in that expanded coco.

Not surprising that something germinated. As Confuten said, most likely a weed seed. If you see how and where coco is processed, you'd understand how it has gotten there. Coconut husks are churned into coco, outside, to form big hills of the stuff, before it's collected and processed into bricks. But seeing as when it's being ground up, it's churned straight onto the ground outdoors, it's inevitable that a few weed seeds would make there way into that hill of coco.

Grow it out and show us what it turns out to be!

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Definitely not a coconut tree. Coconuts trees grow from, funnily enough, coconut. I think you'd notice if there was a whole coconut hiding in that expanded coco.

Not surprising that something germinated. As Confuten said, most likely a weed seed. If you see how and where coco is processed, you'd understand how it has gotten there. Coconut husks are churned into coco, outside, to form big hills of the stuff, before it's collected and processed into bricks. But seeing as when it's being ground up, it's churned straight onto the ground outdoors, it's inevitable that a few weed seeds would make there way into that hill of coco.

Grow it out and show us what it turns out to be!
Thanks for the info! I'm glad I got some sort of picture in mind and better understanding of how coco is to come. Sadly enough, the little bugger passed on :( lol

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Me too. I was hoping, if anything, to at least have a cool new house plant from south america or something. Lol

Top Bottom