Something Happened after I watered.

• Thread starter Gary7471
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gary7471

I watered today and all the leaves drooped within an hour? I watered 2 liters at 1000 ppm Jack's 20-10-20.

Something happened after i watered
C

climbit

How often do you water? This is normal from what I know, the leaves just droop/stretch like that in response to water. The plant is just drinking.

It should perk up within a few hours. Upon waking up it should be praying hard, mine usually does.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I've seen this happen, too, and have been doing some research and thinking about it. So far, my best guess is the water is depriving the roots of gas uptake, especially oxygen. It has always corrected itself within a few hours, which I think means the water has dispersed in the soil allowing gas exchange again. Apparently, it's a self-correcting problem. If it doesn't correct itself, then there may be some other issue.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I must have really dried it out this time.
Yes. I believe that can cause the soil to become hydrophobic, that is, it is unable to absorb water. I call it the dry sponge effect. Once fully moistened, the soil returns to its normal state and the plant's roots can breathe again.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I have not let mine wilt but pots preaty dry and when I water I would always get this situation and then an hour or so later there back up again.

G

Gary7471

Thanks. I am keeping an eye on the plant. I will post a pic when it recovers.

P

Putthataway

They are eating and drinking. Think about as a party. Someone brought beers and some grub and they are chowing down and kind of get lazy because someone brought in the five finger friend.

P

phillyguy

Mine did this yesterday. I have never see it do this before. It's the next morning and they haven't fixed themselves. It's not a full on droop it's more the center part of each leaf hanging down some

jdog22

jdog22

going deeper than. the leafs look dark, maybe its the start to a N toxicity or might sound weird but over watering .
if your plants are underwatered youd 100% know haha its a sad moment thinking your plants dead xD

over watering causes droopy leafs and something the folks like to call speed bumps
N toxicity makes the tips of the leafs curl down and the plant will go a darker green colour and slow growth down.

can i ask your whole setup for your enviroment, like air exchange, light height, light wattage

for now just drop back on the Nitrogen your feeding, half the dose let its nice green colour come back. it looks like your flowering, some guys let me know you esse up on the nitrogen just after the stretch so 2-3 weeks after flip.

G

Gary7471

It grew 2 and 3/4 inches Wed night. It time to cut the Nitrogen back now. I just finished my first week after the flip. Bloom and CalMag fertilizer will be here this week.

jdog22

jdog22

most calmag has Nitrogen in it, could you possibley hold off on that also for a week? i prefer not to alter things if it looks alright. id go with macro nutes and all your lovely bloom nutes and boosters :)

well damn your lights fine your humidity is on point and perfect temps so pretty much just leaves the Nitrogen being the problem. and looking from when youve caught this, its so early so your fine man let her have way less nitrogen and pop a pic up here in a week for us to look at ?

Top Bottom