Something Happened after I watered.

• Thread starter Gary7471
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jdog22

jdog22

i havnt done up my new postyet for this grow but heres a sneak preview just wanted to show you the colour, aim for this any lighter than they would need nitrogen to fix that

in the process of my fortnightly tipping

420027750 1593821491431234 6880135765942072166 n
420349597 1105644480466452 6352847332756162838 n
OldDogger

OldDogger

If this happened to tomato plants, I'd suspect root rot. It's a common sign of it. If growth stalls, that would be more proof. You'll only know for certain when you uproot the plant. Good luck.

B

Bdubs

The drying out makes a lot of sense. I’ve seen it first hand where the plant droops every time it’s thirsty, but it’s from underwatering to begin with. Either feeding without any runout and actually under watering or just not watering thoroughly enough. It will seem that the plant will signal you she is hungry by drooping but in reality there is more going on and underwatering would sound right. As if it were overwatering you’d see a prolonged droop without a recovery after feeding and if she started drooping from overwatering. She probably would have already started some amount of root rot by the time you caught why she was drooping as watering/feeding would be the first corrective action by any grower. But be careful of dry medium and dry roots, fungal growth and other pathogens can easily infect the root zone.

If it were me I’d thoroughly feed to runout and do it very slowly on the soaking of the entire medium. If you have dry spots, water rushes right past it all and leaves it dry as the moist soil absorbs all of it. Leaving dry chunks of medium in wet and will cause these consistent dropping events. All it takes is one prolonged drying period to create those dry spots or inconsistent non-thorough soaking of the medium.

jdog22

jdog22

The drying out makes a lot of sense. I’ve seen it first hand where the plant droops every time it’s thirsty, but it’s from underwatering to begin with. Either feeding without any runout and actually under watering or just not watering thoroughly enough. It will seem that the plant will signal you she is hungry by drooping but in reality there is more going on and underwatering would sound right. As if it were overwatering you’d see a prolonged droop without a recovery after feeding and if she started drooping from overwatering. She probably would have already started some amount of root rot by the time you caught why she was drooping as watering/feeding would be the first corrective action by any grower. But be careful of dry medium and dry roots, fungal growth and other pathogens can easily infect the root zone.

If it were me I’d thoroughly feed to runout and do it very slowly on the soaking of the entire medium. If you have dry spots, water rushes right past it all and leaves it dry as the moist soil absorbs all of it. Leaving dry chunks of medium in wet and will cause these consistent dropping events. All it takes is one prolonged drying period to create those dry spots or inconsistent non-thorough soaking of the medium.
well said !! :)

Top Bottom