Something is missing, I think, and idk what?

• Thread starter Weeblek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weeblek

Weeblek

Hi Forum Friends.

I started all my seeds on 4/6. 2 of each and I have the Juicy MixPack via ilgm site. My soil wasn’t the best, but after purchasing the 5x5x6.5’ tent, VS 4000 Light, the big fan, 2 smaller fans, nutrients, testers, gauges, and bags I really was too low on funds to get great soil. So I went cheap. It was awful soil and hardened up quickly and the plants look very sick.

I was hoping when I repotted that it would straighten out as I did go for better Soil and also mixed the Perlite into each bag, about 20/80 Perlite to Soil. I used 1 gallon of nutrients, ViVoSun Bases A and B, across 6-3gal bags of Soil and mixed it all in. The soil was between 4-5 on my meter in wetness when that was done. I repotted on 4/20, as the roots in all 6 small, 5"pots were showing at the sides and bottom. Beautiful white roots, so that part is great.

After 4 days in the new Soil and the plants still looking ill, I did complete Soil Slurry Tests, thanks to a thread from this site. I have 6 Plants so I did 12 cups of dirt between 5-11gms each. I did 12 because I pulled from each both before and after I watered.

On my Super Lemon Haze, the lowest pH was 6.64 and the highest 6.72. The pre feeding numbers were about .10 higher than the post feed. I used Smart Water and it was @6.84 by itself.

On my Orange Bud, the lowest was 6.63. The highest 6.99. This time the pre feeds were about .25 higher than the post feed. Idk if this type of info is pertinent or not, but seems like it would matter. For these I used FiJi Water @7.40 by itself.

Finally, on my Agent Orange, the lowest was 5.96. The highest, 6.27. These numbers didn’t follow the others with regard to pre and post feeding. I also used the FiJi Water here. Again at 7.40 by itself.

So, if I did everything right, and I THINK I did, my pH Levels are spot on near perfect. So what’s wrong with my plants??? Here are yesterday's photos. I have not watered since the day after repotting because the meter is still almost halfway on all. But it looks dry. Guess it’s not though.

Seems like maybe I have either a Nitrogen or a Potassium Deficientcy, or maybe they were over watered? I did only water from about 2" from the plant to the outside edge of the bags (edge of the pots). Is one of these things possibly what is wrong? What can I do about that? Maybe something totally different? Heck, I don't have a single clue, frfr.

Anyway, that's my question. Seems like looking at others plants on here, they are all way bigger than mine at almost 3wks old. So mine are small, yellowing, and curling. What can I do?

I want to add, about the soil, that if this grow winds up going well, I fully intend to use top of the line products next time. I know I did wrong, and am now regretting it.

Thanks so much! - WeebleK

Something is missing i think and idk what
Something is missing i think and idk what 2
Something is missing i think and idk what 3
Something is missing i think and idk what 4
Something is missing i think and idk what 5
Something is missing i think and idk what 6
Something is missing i think and idk what 7
Weeblek

Weeblek

Hey. Thanks for responding. I've used the same lights from the start, only had them all the way up in the tent until I repotted..

I hate that the previous soil was so hard. When it was in that I watered everything until it all looked wet on top. I repotted like 3 ago, 1 day after repotting, and that's when I did it away from the plant, mostly because that's what I read to do somewhere. Should I be doing it right next to the stem? - Karen

2Bad

2Bad

Hey. Thanks for responding. I've used the same lights from the start, only had them all the way up in the tent until I repotted..

I hate that the previous soil was so hard. When it was in that I watered everything until it all looked wet on top. I repotted like 3 ago, 1 day after repotting, and that's when I did it away from the plant, mostly because that's what I read to do somewhere. Should I be doing it right next to the stem? - Karen
Yes you should water the entire soil even near the stem . Correct that and you should be fine. the curling on the leaves is probably from not enough light intensity.

Whats up with nutrients?

Weeblek

Weeblek

Ok. The lights have the settings of 25, 50, 75, and 100%. I been using 75 and 50% kinda back and forth. What do you recommend there?

I have the ViVoSun Bases A and B at 8-9ml each per gallon of Purified Water. - Karen

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Well now I two opposing ideas and so am stuck. - Karen
I've been there a few times. That said, when the leaves curl upward, it's usually because they're protecting themselves from the light. Young plants can't take much light. The brown tips and yellowing leaf edges can also be an indicator of the light being too intense, but a nutrient problem can also cause those. Often, when plants are stressed, the advice is to lower the light intensity, so I suggest lowering the light to 25% for a few days to see how the plants respond.

E

elusiveshame

Turn your lights down to 25% when you’re that close; these are seedlings and can only handle so much.

What soil are they in now? If they’re in a potting soil, you don’t need nutrients yet. Also, you said a gallon of nutrients - do you mean 1 gallon of water mixed with nutrients, or a full gallon of just nutrients?

It looks like you have a combination of nutrient burn and light burn going on.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

+1 more for turning down the lights to 25%. Young plants and plants that are struggling in general cannot handle high intensity light. Once your plants are showing healthy growth, then you can start bumping up the intensity. Until then, less light is more productive to the over-all health and growth of your plants.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've been there a few times. That said, when the leaves curl upward, it's usually because they're protecting themselves from the light. Young plants can't take much light. The brown tips and yellowing leaf edges can also be an indicator of the light being too intense, but a nutrient problem can also cause those. Often, when plants are stressed, the advice is to lower the light intensity, so I suggest lowering the light to 25% for a few days to see how the plants respond.
+1 ... too much light is exactly why the leaves are curling like that. It's the beginning of light burn.

2Bad

2Bad

By the way she had the light about 5-6ft away from the plant...and transplanted 4 days ago...and the curling didnt happen over the last few days..so it's from not enough light. just saying. but yes she went too fast too quickly and 25% sounds good.

the nutrients sound weird. we need more info.

2Bad

2Bad

So to be clear issues step by step

too far lights
then
too much light/improper watering.

Example of my plant not getting enough light intensity :

IMG 9608
Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Example of my plant not getting enough light intensity :
@2Bad Your plants are a little bit larger judging from that 1 leaf you're showing me.

Now, I could be wrong but here's what I see ... a great big (translates to very hot and over-powered) quantum board light and these tiny young seedlings with yellowing tips and leaves taco-ing. This does suggest light burn. The plants are too young for them to be showing deficiencies. We don't yet have enough information on watering habits ... but I suspect there's been some improper watering going on as well ... The good news is a bit of coaching should get this fixed.

If the plants were mine, I would be running the board at its lowest intensity. I would also not have them in such a large container yet. I'd like to hear more about watering frequency and how much water are the plants getting?

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

@2Bad Your plants are a little bit larger judging from that 1 leaf you're showing me.

Now, I could be wrong but here's what I see ... a great big (translates to very hot and over-powered) quantum board light and these tiny young seedlings with yellowing tips and leaves taco-ing. This does suggest light burn. The plants are too young for them to be showing deficiencies. We don't yet have enough information on watering habits ... but I suspect there's been some improper watering going on as well ... The good news is a bit of coaching should get this fixed.

If the plants were mine, I would be running the board at its lowest intensity. I would also not have them in such a large container yet. I'd like to hear more about watering frequency and how much water are the plants getting?
It also looks rather close distance wise... but the pic is a weird angle, so I'm not sure how close they really are... but going from 6 feet up to a couple with that light was probably a bit of a shock regardless of the setting it is at, they are babies after all.

Top Bottom