Something wierd is happening in coco?

• Thread starter GDS StonerBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GDS StonerBoy

This my first time using coco and i've seen numerous problems. Now that i'm getting on track i have another problem that has only struck two different seedlings. I'm not sure what the problem is but here's the pics.

My ph is at 6.0 and there getting fed 1ml of Canna coco a/b per gallon but i havent fed them since this has started happening. The rest that are getting fed this same regime are taking off and doing well.

Something wierd is happening in coco
Something wierd is happening in coco 2
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Every now and then I'll get 1 or 2 that don't like that 1ml per gallon so soon and the rest are fine so I just flush those out and just give them plain ph water and wait until they recover to feed . Those seem to be weaker plants most of the time .

G

GDS StonerBoy

Thanks for the reply zoo! So should i execute those two and pop more beans? If those can be saved though i'd like to keep them because if they are killed i'll only have one Pomello and One atomic Nl left. Not that it matters though because i have 2 very healthy Swt#3xPD seedlings that are doing well and i have 2 Jedi's that are doing very well as well. I was only trying to keep them alive to up the odds of getting females but i have a couple more beans left so i'd rather not waste the light on them.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I always try to save them . Just flush em out and see what happens

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Listen to zoo hes popped more seeds than gene simmons has cherries.

R

Raoul

You should be able to let it go to three sets of leaves before feeding. Cal mag is a good low N feed in coco during early growth IMO.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
when that tiny cal mag can be harsh

R

Raoul

By early growth, I mean 3 sets of leaves or when they show N def. You could just change the medium since they are only in a cup at this point. Coco tends to hold nutes a little longer even when flushed.

B

bluegrass

those babies are so small I wouldnt even be feeding them right now. Just ph'd water then introduce them to nutes slowly, but maybe coco is different...Never tried it before :)

D

Dr. D

I grow with Canna coco and start feeding with seedlings at 1ml per litre of a and b then move to 2ml per litre within a couple of weeks...there is no nutrient in coco at all so i usually start my seedlings in a small amount of soil to give them what they need but if you are starting in coco then idealy i would suggest a seedling nutrient because i find the Canna nutes dont really give seedlings what they need very early on...Hope this helps...Peace

U

ukcheesehead

i find it hard to start seedling off in coco as well . im feeding 1ml of A//b per ltr atm i think next time i will get some canna start or do what dr d does n start off in soil ...

S

Stackin Paper

i find it hard to start seedling off in coco as well . im feeding 1ml of A//b per ltr atm i think next time i will get some canna start or do what dr d does n start off in soil ...

Only person i ever see sprout beans in Coco was Grower, and they were a picture of health.

I'd go with a bit of Allmix or a 1" then up to a 3" rockwool cube, then transplant into your medium.

G

GDS StonerBoy

Yeah coco is pretty harsh with seedlings, i lost 5 of them this run. But i've seen Zoo do it several times so i think once you've done it a couple of times it'll be a cake walk. But for the seedlings i lost i also have very healthy ones so i cant bitch too much. I do think starting them in soil though would be much safer if your down to your last few seeds and cant risk losing any.

Anyway though i gave those 2 (and one other that kinda had that problem not as bad though) a real good flushing yesterday, we'll see how they turn out in the next couple of days.

F

FastForward

I've had pretty good results germing in coco, or way better than traditional methods (cracking in water or tissue paper). Seems much easier and safer to me too. I don't use any Canna nutes for the youngsters - I use Formulex for the first few weeks and they seem to love it. The one time I tried going to a light veg nute mix I burned them all badly, so less is definitely more...and the formulex seems to be the right level for almost all the strains I've been growing (with the exception of the MMGxG13 which seems very sensitive to nutes). Also I water daily...but in bigger pots if you have to you can leave it a day.

U

ukcheesehead

Only person i ever see sprout beans in Coco was Grower, and they were a picture of health.

I'd go with a bit of Allmix or a 1" then up to a 3" rockwool cube, then transplant into your medium.

do u meen growers big budda cheese? to right dont know how he did it. looked 100% tip top from day 1. im going to start seeds of in some soil next time untill i get a root ball . got some 3" pots somewair ......

S

Stackin Paper

do u meen growers big budda cheese? to right dont know how he did it. looked 100% tip top from day 1. im going to start seeds of in some soil next time untill i get a root ball . got some 3" pots somewair ......

Yeah man the BBC grow he done, they just looked lush right from the get go.

Wonder what the dude is up to these days?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I sprout in coco and water once with straight ph water then 1ml per gallon of A+B and work my way up from that and never a problem .:happy:

Latest posts

Top Bottom