Sour Bubble Grow 2015

• Thread starter DrUBennett
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrUBennett

DrUBennett

A little update on my Sour Bubble grow.... Out of ten plants, six were female. All have been transplanted in to seven gallon pots and cloned. My first clone took only seven days and they all root up good enough to transplant in 7-10 days. Really nice. I just use a black 5-gallon bucket with pump and sprayers and have great clones each time. My first SB #8 went in to flower March 7th (21 days). The leaves around the buds have curled-up. Is this heat stress? Only #8 is doing this. Is this normal? The flower room temperature averages around 85 with the humidity always at 40 or under. Temps at night go down to around 72 degrees. I am using RO water at 6-3 PH. I use fans to circulate but do not have an intake/exhaust for my air. Just a window with plenty of fresh air. Appreciate any help :confused:

7daysbclone

Sour Bubble clone in 7 days

Curled 03262015

A little curling @ 21 days in to flower

germinator

germinator

BUMP for the experts.....you pushing her with nutes? Next pic do out of hps for a clearer view.

Calixylon

Calixylon

This thread has convinced me to get some some sour bubble, hell i may even try and grab the whole sour lineup, BoG's pictures from Overgrow were truly the first glimpse into what this beautiful cannabis plant can do and produce. Bog'S full melt bubble shots, of clear dome goodness was a glimpse into a world i had no idea existed. As i sat there smoking wet canadian beaster bud, or mexican brick swhag i dreamed of the day when i could grow and smoke some SOur Bubble. Thanks BoG

germinator

germinator

This thread has convinced me to get some some sour bubble, hell i may even try and grab the whole sour lineup, BoG's pictures from Overgrow were truly the first glimpse into what this beautiful cannabis plant can do and produce. Bog'S full melt bubble shots, of clear dome goodness was a glimpse into a world i had no idea existed. As i sat there smoking wet canadian beaster bud, or mexican brick swhag i dreamed of the day when i could grow and smoke some SOur Bubble. Thanks BoG
Do it.....I did

kes54800

kes54800

check the run off PH.
85*F is a bit high for my liking but its def not to hot to affect plants like the leaf claw u got going. But over watering and over feeding can give your girls "the claw" so can high temps. I don't notice any nute burn so that looks in check from the pics. Usually with a soil mix theres not much of a need for adding nutes for the first few weeks since the soil will provide that for atleast 3-4 weeks if transplanted before the flip(I grow coco not soil anymore)....of course with new strains theres a learning curve. If its only the one outta the six it may just be the sensitive bitch of the bunch.

research research.....search leaf claw

good luck
KeS

H

happy b

A little update on my Sour Bubble grow.... Out of ten plants, six were female. All have been transplanted in to seven gallon pots and cloned. My first clone took only seven days and they all root up good enough to transplant in 7-10 days. Really nice. I just use a black 5-gallon bucket with pump and sprayers and have great clones each time. My first SB #8 went in to flower March 7th (21 days). The leaves around the buds have curled-up. Is this heat stress? Only #8 is doing this. Is this normal? The flower room temperature averages around 85 with the humidity always at 40 or under. Temps at night go down to around 72 degrees. I am using RO water at 6-3 PH. I use fans to circulate but do not have an intake/exhaust for my air. Just a window with plenty of fresh air. Appreciate any help :confused:

View attachment 497979
Sour Bubble clone in 7 days

View attachment 497980
A little curling @ 21 days in to flower
7 days!that's great roots for 7 days.
I'm not buying anymore beans for a while....unless sour bubble becomes available again . heard so many great things about SB that iv gotta get in on the action.

DrUBennett

DrUBennett

check the run off PH.
85*F is a bit high for my liking but its def not to hot to affect plants like the leaf claw u got going. But over watering and over feeding can give your girls "the claw" so can high temps. I don't notice any nute burn so that looks in check from the pics. Usually with a soil mix theres not much of a need for adding nutes for the first few weeks since the soil will provide that for atleast 3-4 weeks if transplanted before the flip(I grow coco not soil anymore)....of course with new strains theres a learning curve. If its only the one outta the six it may just be the sensitive bitch of the bunch.

good luck
KeS

Thanks for the feedback kes54800. My soil has a mix of Pro-Mix, Bone Meal and Blood Meal which may effect the PH if not mixed correctly. Researching "leaf-claw" had me pin-point it to a possible Nitrogen overdose, as ElManiaco posted. My leaf tips turn down but not droop and the leave curl like a claw.

Nitrogen Toxicity Symptoms
The plant will have like an overall DARK green look and have delayed maturity. Due to Nitrogen being involved in vegetative growth, to much nitrogen will result in tall plants with weak stems. New growth will be very lively and plant transpiration will be high, but not always. Nitrogen toxicity can be seen when there are very dry conditions, almost a drought, which may show a burning effect. If you give your plants ammonium based nutrients, they may show NH4+ toxicity, which show smaller plant growth and lesions that occur on stems and roots, and leaf margins that will roll downward. Big fan leaves will have “the claw” look. The tips will point down but the leaves will stay up as if when you bend your fingers downwards. Leaves can be twisted when growing… mainly new growths. Roots will be under developed along with the slowing of flowering. Yields will be decreased, because to much nitrogen in early stages of flowering slows down bud growth. Water uptake is slowing down from the vascular breakdown of the plants as well. Too much potassium and nitrogen will lock out calcium as well.

My next step is to flush her out with water... double the amount of the pot size. Thanks for the input, guys. :)

H

happy b

Oh don't you worry, I WILL get in on it . though it may take awhile but I,ll get some SB eventually.(though I'd rather it be sooner rather than later)

DrUBennett

DrUBennett

check the run off PH.

good luck
KeS

Flushed her out with 13 gallons of water. The first 10 gallons with tap water (pH 7.0) and the final 3 gallons with RO water (pH 6.3). The first 5 gallons of runoff tested at pH 8.5. The next 5 gallons of runoff tested at pH 7.5 and after the last 3 gallons of RO water, the runoff tested at pH 7.4. I have her in a 7 gallon pot and she is one heavy girl :eek:

Flush2 Flush3

kes54800

kes54800

I believe it was a ph issue. 8.5 is a bit high. Bet that flush should help big time. Keep us updated
KeS

DrUBennett

DrUBennett

April 3rd update.... Thought I had six females of ten but one had a change of mind. So 50% male/female. I also had a struggler that has turned into a very nice female, just a couple weeks behind the rest. Pretty happy with them results. The plant I flushed is doing fine. Soon she will be 100%. Here are some pics of the five. Thanks for looking :)

Doc

SB1OF5
SB2OF5
SB3OF5
SB4OF5
SB5OF5

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Absolutely stunning plants! I can't wait to see these gorgeous ladies progress for you. I'm glad everything seems to be going well with the plant you flushed. Please hook us up with an update when you find time; I'll be picking up some BOG goodies in a few months when I move.

DrUBennett

DrUBennett

Absolutely stunning plants! I can't wait to see these gorgeous ladies progress for you. I'm glad everything seems to be going well with the plant you flushed. Please hook us up with an update when you find time; I'll be picking up some BOG goodies in a few months when I move.

Thanks very much. Actually, the one I flushed has turned out to be the big producer and has come along just fine :)

Top Bottom