Sour Diesel Genetics

• Thread starter Loudman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenboot

greenboot

Has anyone worked with the dr. Gt ecsd?
i ordered his og kush a bout 7 years ago… beans were absolutely nothing close to any sort of og kush… so i wouldn't recommend it, unless he changes his ways since then...

X.rm

X.rm

soma was (not) the original breeder of sour diesel, it was a dude who goes by the name weasel, who created the (original sour) by accident,,, who then passed it on to a dude named AJ= (aj's sour diesel) aka (East coast sour diesel).. Actually,, somas nycd and rez from reservoir seeds were what everyone one the east coast said was the knock off version of the real deal ,,, although rez got the original cut from chem dog himself. he crossed it with a male of another unknown strain in order to make seeds.. he then started selling those sour seeds on line. rez sour d seeds came closest to the first made sour d (a move that strained the relationship between him and chemdog) but rez version was not as potent or as tasty,, thats why there really are so many versions floating around the east now a days.. but if you know the right people you can still find that original cut… diesel is to the east coast what og kush is to the west coast, which was also adopted from a Chemdog strain which was created in the east coast… (justsayin)
Your absolutely right as far as the east west favorites. Out west everything is crossed with kush and in the east anything with kush in it's name is considered "EXOTIC" and has a lower market price regardless of how dank it may be. Wich is bullshit IMO, the diesel and haze craze in the east coast is ridiculous, again I M H O.... half the shit labeled SD isnt it. Even when aquiring SD seeds from breeders. The real SD has sativa dominant genes and wont finish in 60 days yet unscrupulous breeders market it as a 60 day strain wich is innacurate to say the least. The big bud or skunk wich may have been a korean mskes the true variety a 90 day minimum strain.

greenboot

greenboot

Your absolutely right as far as the east west favorites. Out west everything is crossed with kush and in the east anything with kush in it's name is considered "EXOTIC" and has a lower market price regardless of how dank it may be. Wich is bullshit IMO, the diesel and haze craze in the east coast is ridiculous, again I M H O.... half the shit labeled SD isnt it. Even when aquiring SD seeds from breeders. The real SD has sativa dominant genes and wont finish in 60 days yet unscrupulous breeders market it as a 60 day strain wich is innacurate to say the least. The big bud or skunk wich may have been a korean mskes the true variety a 90 day minimum strain.
ok so,, i guess you would know

greenboot

greenboot

DUDE!!!! i can't!!!! i'm sorry but i can't allow this version of the story to linger another second.. you are absolutely mistaken by stating with such certainty that soma was the creator of sour diesel..you are absolutely (incorrect) by stating that (big bud) has anything to do with the original version of sour diesel.. i know chemdog personally who gifted me every last one of his original chem strains,, because of his undying support of east coast growers, (and because we just clicked well, when we met at the hight times 420 event in brooklyn ny about 7 years ago).. At the time i had about 5 years growing experience, and i just switched my grow recipe from general hydroponics to organic [earth juice] (which he happened to be a huge fan of). During that same event, i also met his long time friend JJNYC. i was introduced to him by the editor of high times magazine, (Danny Danko)… Around those time we were getting familiar he explained to me on numerous occasions how the chem dawg strains were founded in the 13 seeds from the bag of pot he purchased at grateful dead concert.. he explained how the first og kush was an accidental s1 seed that came from the 91 chem (skunk va cut) .. which migrated to the west coast before it was popular.. (skunk VA was chemdawgs aka on icmag)… he explained how headband which was the first named (original diesel), which was created by a dude named weasel who found a seed in his room out of a (91 chem x massechusettes superkunk) that was hit by pollen from a plant called nl#5 .. weasels grew that seed out and called it (east coast sour diesel) then when he passed it off to his boy in new york named joe who was started out selling each ounce for 600$ dollars an once,, and wouldn't budge on the price, thats why people nicked named him (asshole joe) aka (aj) , the only person who weasel gave the sour clone to at the time (besides aj) was chemdog the man himself… who then gave a clone to a close friend at the time who goes by the name rez, who started reservoir seeds.. Rez was an experienced grower at the time who created seeds of sour diesel and made a nice amount of money selling those seeds online ,, and didn't break chem dawg off with any of the proceeds, which strained there relationship….( which is also the reason why there are so many phenos of sour all over the east coast.. Soma had absolutely (nothing) to do with the original version of any diesel.. SO that part is a (flat out lie..) All Soma did was create a strain that reminded him of some sour he had once smoked in ny and then called it (nyc diesel) which to the masses on the east coast , tasted and smoked nothing like the real deal sour… YES the first sour pheno was mostly sativa,,, but it was rez seeds 90% sativa that was required to be flowered for 11 to 12 weeks.. aj's original cut aka (east cost sour d) or (escd) 75% sativa that has a 9,1/2 to 10 week flower period. those are the facts.. and by the way,, i grew up and lived on the east coast all my life. with 16 years experience under my belt….i just been under a rock due to the laws in my jurisdiction…. but i live and breath this shit as a proud east coast grower… you can refute my claim all you like,, but i know what i know, and i trust my source who happened to have a major hand in creating these strains...

X.rm

X.rm

Dude... chill. Nobody's saying you don't know what ever is that you know. Fine, I'll accept your version of the origins. Despite the "mythical" grateful dead and unknown bag seeds and whatever else my man. It's not that serious, however what we can agree upon is the following : NL#5+Chemdog/ Skunk are the strains that make up ECSD. If your boy chem is the creator of the awesome strain that is East Coast Sour Diesel, KUDOS for him. He has made a great deal of people happy and contributed to the history of cannabis in America. Both you and H I M should be proud of his accomplishments. PEACE !!!

greenboot

greenboot

Dude... chill. Nobody's saying you don't know what ever is that you know. Fine, I'll accept your version of the origins. Despite the "mythical" grateful dead and unknown bag seeds and whatever else my man. It's not that serious, however what we can agree upon is the following : NL#5+Chemdog/ Skunk are the strains that make up ECSD. If your boy chem is the creator of the awesome strain that is East Coast Sour Diesel, KUDOS for him. He has made a great deal of people happy and contributed to the history of cannabis in America. Both you and H I M should be proud of his accomplishments. PEACE !!!
i'm just trynna help people like you know what you speak of, before you start posting things about bigbud and soma being apart of the real deal sour. But if my truth offends you/ i can't apologies for that… And Yes!!! before i actually started to grow, i preyed that i would meet and get an opportunity to grow the original sour diesel right after i smoked my first blunt of her.. (love at first puff) . So i was pretty proud to know that my new favorite smoke on the planet happened to come from the east coast, (my home). Especially since the west coast was known for having the best weed in the country since forever… the reason why i am so knowledgable about the history of these strains was because i wanted to make sure that when i got my hands on those cuts i could be sure that they weren't fakes or knockoffs, like so many are around these parts… And i must say, i have smoked some knockoff sour around my home town,, that has blown away every versions of sour i tried smoking in the denver colorado dispensaries, this past 4-20 lol. I couldn't believe what they were passing off as sour out there.. (broke my heart) i promise i'm not trying to slander anyone, i'm just telling the truth..

greenboot

greenboot

before sour all we had was haze and mexican dirt in the city.. all the Chemdog strains were being hoarded upstate and in the boston area,, haze was a (love it or hate it) type strain. i loved the taste but the high made me feel stupid, like i was in a constant fog, smh.. so when sour came along it was like a match made in heaven, except she cost 600$ for an ounce out here,,(wtf)??? hopefully now that you are aware of this you will understand where my passion for this plant comes from . lol no offense..

X.rm

X.rm

before sour all we had was haze and mexican dirt in the city.. all the Chemdog strains were being hoarded upstate and in the boston area,, haze was a (love it or hate it) type strain. i loved the taste but the high made me feel stupid, like i was in a constant fog, smh.. so when sour came along it was like a match made in heaven, except she cost 600$ for an ounce out here,,(wtf)??? hopefully now that you are aware of this you will understand where my passion for this plant comes from . lol no offense..
None taken, thank you for the info. By the way I've been in nyc since 1975. I was smokin b4 there was any sour in the city when a LB costed 6 racks. When the only good trees came from canada, specifically BC bud, then Northern lights. When all the haze came from miami. The 1st real loud smoke in the city was HAWAIIAN SKUNK. But... truth be told thats neither here nor there. I thank you for the info, you seem both knowledgeable and accurate. Like i said, no offense taken. Its good to see someone so passionate for they're beliefs the plant we all love so much and they're friends. Best of luck to you. PEACE! ! !

Loudman

Loudman

At the end of the day who has best strain is not soma since is a replica so who is it ??is not Rez I don't want no arguments or who knows or who am just trying to be helped out bc I love the strain I fell in love with it and everybody comes with knockoffs to me ...soma to my understanding is this
so to my understanding this is soma so can please someone with pictures show me was the real deal sour diesel that am trying to show bc something I hate is telling people what is not bc am just that pure ...again I want no arguementa just results

X.rm

X.rm

At the end of the day who has best strain is not soma since is a replica so who is it ??is not Rez I don't want no arguments or who knows or who am just trying to be helped out bc I love the strain I fell in love with it and everybody comes with knockoffs to me ...soma to my understanding is thisView attachment 600124 View attachment 600126so to my understanding this is soma so can please someone with pictures show me was the real deal sour diesel that am trying to show bc something I hate is telling people what is not bc am just that pure ...again I want no arguementa just results
Not for nothing Bro, but... the 1st pic could've been trimmed better. LMFAO!!! aight, aight,aight... im'a fall back. But I'll tell you one thing. In this case a picture is not worth a thousand words. A b pic is a pic is a pic. Research like the one your doing right now and leg work is what will really pay off in the long run. Trust...

X.rm

X.rm

Last time I had some sour diesel I did the dishes and cleaned the bathrooms b4 I even realized I was cleaning...
Now thats a TRUE sativa buzz, not a couchlock stupor that makes you look like your on some other shit. You didnt even relize you were doing chores because your mind was so spun thinking about what else you werr going to do. You probably felt like you could do all the months stuff you put off doing because you had been smokin other strains.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I have a sativa dom cut of critical kali mist that will get you going, never even heard of anyone having a cut of SD to get rid of.

FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

DUDE!!!! i can't!!!! i'm sorry but i can't allow this version of the story to linger another second.. you are absolutely mistaken by stating with such certainty that soma was the creator of sour diesel..you are absolutely (incorrect) by stating that (big bud) has anything to do with the original version of sour diesel.. i know chemdog personally who gifted me every last one of his original chem strains,, because of his undying support of east coast growers, (and because we just clicked well, when we met at the hight times 420 event in brooklyn ny about 7 years ago).. At the time i had about 5 years growing experience, and i just switched my grow recipe from general hydroponics to organic [earth juice] (which he happened to be a huge fan of). During that same event, i also met his long time friend JJNYC. i was introduced to him by the editor of high times magazine, (Danny Danko)… Around those time we were getting familiar he explained to me on numerous occasions how the chem dawg strains were founded in the 13 seeds from the bag of pot he purchased at grateful dead concert.. he explained how the first og kush was an accidental s1 seed that came from the 91 chem (skunk va cut) .. which migrated to the west coast before it was popular.. (skunk VA was chemdawgs aka on icmag)… he explained how headband which was the first named (original diesel), which was created by a dude named weasel who found a seed in his room out of a (91 chem x massechusettes superkunk) that was hit by pollen from a plant called nl#5 .. weasels grew that seed out and called it (east coast sour diesel) then when he passed it off to his boy in new york named joe who was started out selling each ounce for 600$ dollars an once,, and wouldn't budge on the price, thats why people nicked named him (asshole joe) aka (aj) , the only person who weasel gave the sour clone to at the time (besides aj) was chemdog the man himself… who then gave a clone to a close friend at the time who goes by the name rez, who started reservoir seeds.. Rez was an experienced grower at the time who created seeds of sour diesel and made a nice amount of money selling those seeds online ,, and didn't break chem dawg off with any of the proceeds, which strained there relationship….( which is also the reason why there are so many phenos of sour all over the east coast.. Soma had absolutely (nothing) to do with the original version of any diesel.. SO that part is a (flat out lie..) All Soma did was create a strain that reminded him of some sour he had once smoked in ny and then called it (nyc diesel) which to the masses on the east coast , tasted and smoked nothing like the real deal sour… YES the first sour pheno was mostly sativa,,, but it was rez seeds 90% sativa that was required to be flowered for 11 to 12 weeks.. aj's original cut aka (east cost sour d) or (escd) 75% sativa that has a 9,1/2 to 10 week flower period. those are the facts.. and by the way,, i grew up and lived on the east coast all my life. with 16 years experience under my belt….i just been under a rock due to the laws in my jurisdiction…. but i live and breath this shit as a proud east coast grower… you can refute my claim all you like,, but i know what i know, and i trust my source who happened to have a major hand in creating these strains...
Wooooooah your the man Gb!!!!! Who'da thunk it the guy helping me out with my grow problem know some of the top of the top dogs that have had such a big influence on what we love to do thanks again man I can never say that enough

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I have a sativa dom cut of critical kali mist that will get you going, never even heard of anyone having a cut of SD to get rid of.
Take that back, I had a ckm cut, turns out the cut that I thought I had of it was mislabled and I had an extra cut of mataro blue. I have a few more seeds, maybe I will find another good pheno.

Krypto

Krypto

soma was (not) the original breeder of sour diesel, it was a dude who goes by the name weasel, who created the (original sour) by accident,,, who then passed it on to a dude named AJ= (aj's sour diesel) aka (East coast sour diesel).. Actually,, somas nycd and rez from reservoir seeds were what everyone one the east coast said was the knock off version of the real deal ,,, although rez got the original cut from chem dog himself. he crossed it with a male of another unknown strain in order to make seeds.. he then started selling those sour seeds on line. rez sour d seeds came closest to the first made sour d (a move that strained the relationship between him and chemdog) but rez version was not as potent or as tasty,, thats why there really are so many versions floating around the east now a days.. but if you know the right people you can still find that original cut… diesel is to the east coast what og kush is to the west coast, which was also adopted from a Chemdog strain which was created in the east coast… (justsayin)
We had AJ's from LOU@ seeds Fems. . .Pretty not bad I m h o.
I'd love to get another pack r 2 e 3 but they've been sold out for a couple years. ...

dankninja

dankninja

connoisseur has SSSDH, very good in my experience IF you can only get seeds...if you can grab a clone...then grab the AJ cut lol...seems easy decision. giesel might be a good alternate, or Chemdog's Sister. all depends on how you run it of course.. actual sour diesel pretty touchy...finger leaves...doesnt always behave..

Top Bottom