Sour Diesel Info

• Thread starter mountain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mountain

mountain

Wondering what variety of phenos/cuts of Sour D people are seeing out there and how they compare... And any strain specific tips that long time Sour D growers would be willing to share.

Variable time to finish indoor? Seeing claims of 8-10 wks for different cuts.

More or less 'diesely'?

Amount of stretch?

Yields? Maximizing yields for this specific strain?

Feeding preferences?

Prone to any problems?

Tips for getting them to finish dense and not fluffy?

Thanks in advance for any info to share!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Running AJ's and Chocolate currently. Both pretty stretch and slightly longer flowering ~11 weeks. Solid yielders. Check out the las post in the thread in my sig for a Chocolate Diesel photo. Happy growing!

outwest

Amber

Amber

Sour D can be quite finicky. Old SD with huge buds and pink hairs. If you can control the vertical growth she will dump huge buds but it will take 10 weeks. Straight fuel fire stanky pungent danky. Or I have also seen her stretch herself to airy wanna be buds that at 12 weeks just won't fill in. To me she's kinda like a gamble, not the greatest odds but if you hit it the payout is ginormous.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

She likes nitrogen, clear water every 2-3 days (in coco), nutes around 800 ppm. Diesel smell won't come out unless you run higher temps - 78-82. Humidity in the 50s for denser nugs, but like the temp, higher humidity makes the stink come out.
I've had the pleasure of smelling all sorts of diesel - some is sour smelling, some is diesel smelling, and some just smells like dirt. The phenos are definitely all over the place right now, I've only ever seen one that wasn't a yielder and she is a super heady S1.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I run only the original diesel! The sour that came to cali many years back! I really love the diesel and we solidarity is right about the smell. The most important thing when running diesel indoor is too make sure not to use co2! She will never finish properly, buds will be airy, and no diesel smell. Higher temps, no co2, and lots of bending will help you get that skunky baby proper. I take mine at 63 days and feel that is perfect, she gets heavier if I let it go longer but I like the flavor of her at 63!

mountain

mountain

Thanks for all of the replies!

There seem to be a lot of different cuts out there claiming to be the 'original' - sanvana do you have pics of what you consider the original?

[quote="Humidity in the 50s for denser nugs[/quote]

So you find they dont dense up as much if the humidity is lower?

63 days sounds completely reasonable. over 10 wks not so much.

Any tips for controlling stretch aside from scrog? Higher nutes?

800 ppm doesnt sound like some of the really hungry strains out there like blue dream... though sounds like it may stretch just as much.

Further info/input appreciated!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Diesels are scrog only for me, but put them in half the height you want them to finish at if you're not gonna scrog. Using a light PK a little earlier in flower can help control stretch, But like I said she's an N whore and that's probably half the reason she never stops stretching until week 6. Day 63 will get you some nice, tasty deez, but day 70 will split your head open with every toke. That's how and why I like the diesel, anything past 10 weeks is a ceiling-less high that won't make you pass out.

They dense up more the lower the humidity, but anything lower than 50% with the temps you gotta run this strain at will stress the plant.
also - it's really easy to mess up the cure with this one - if you don't let her dry really good and burp your jars often she'll smell like sweaty hay real quick. Def a line-dry strain, it sucks growing her out super nice only to mess it up in cure.

waayne

waayne

Original Diesel

This plant was grown in organic soil

Easy to clone, and a vigorous veg plant
She likes N and a bit of magnesium
Lots of stretch in flower and huge yield potential
I preferred to harvest around day 77-84
Dense flowers for a Sativa dominant strain
These pics are from about day 56 of flower thru day 77

We solidarity is right on point ,give this girl plenty of attention during harvest,drying ,and curing and you'll reap a superior product
IMG 3740

IMG 3814

IMG 3874

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Original Diesel

We solidarity is right on point ,give this girl plenty of attention during harvest,drying ,and curing and you'll reap a superior product
View attachment 313306
View attachment 313307
View attachment 313308

Looks and sounds like my AJ, only yours looks much better then mine. Here is my Chocolate Diesel. (Chocolate Trip x Sour Diesel). She has a ways to go.

outwest

CHOCO D sf

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Thanks for all of the replies!

There seem to be a lot of different cuts out there claiming to be the 'original' - sanvana do you have pics of what you consider the original?

[quote="Humidity in the 50s for denser nugs

63 days sounds completely reasonable. over 10 wks not so much.

Any tips for controlling stretch aside from scrog? Higher nutes?

800 ppm doesnt sound like some of the really hungry strains out there like blue dream... though sounds like it may stretch just as much.

Further info/input appreciated![/quote]

Waayne has the same one for sure! Here is a pic of mine from a few years ago.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/attachments/sour-jpg.57520/

C

CannaBlaster

I know this is 3 years old but I have a question. I found this while searching info on Sour D. I'm placing an order, think of Original Sour D, LSD, or Money Bush. If you don't know much about MB its a cross between Critical Mass and Afgan, its yield is 700-800g, 21%THC, and is said to be a very fast flower(just 7 weeks). Also supposed to be very easy to grow and low maintenance.

I like to know which of these 3 strains you all would go with. Ive always wanted to grow Sour D but I really don't want to gamble or have to baby sit and finesse either. The smell also is a concern, I read a thread where someone said they had to purchase a second filter and run 2 because if the smell. Really? Is it really that bad? I do have a filter twice the size I need for the size tent I have however. I cannot have my house smell like a mix between a skunk den and a diesel factory for 8-10 weeks!

Any advice is appreciated!

kds710

kds710

I know this is 3 years old but I have a question. I found this while searching info on Sour D. I'm placing an order, think of Original Sour D, LSD, or Money Bush. If you don't know much about MB its a cross between Critical Mass and Afgan, its yield is 700-800g, 21%THC, and is said to be a very fast flower(just 7 weeks). Also supposed to be very easy to grow and low maintenance.

I like to know which of these 3 strains you all would go with. Ive always wanted to grow Sour D but I really don't want to gamble or have to baby sit and finesse either. The smell also is a concern, I read a thread where someone said they had to purchase a second filter and run 2 because if the smell. Really? Is it really that bad? I do have a filter twice the size I need for the size tent I have however. I cannot have my house smell like a mix between a skunk den and a diesel factory for 8-10 weeks!

Any advice is appreciated!
for diesels and chems worked properly and the like Top Dawg woud be the best place to go for seeds. Karma Genetics' HeadBanger is ranted and raved about to be the sourest smoke in seed form out right now

bankcee

bankcee

Original Diesel

View attachment 313306
View attachment 313307
View attachment 313308

great info!! thanks man!

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

Sour D can be quite finicky. Old SD with huge buds and pink hairs. If you can control the vertical growth she will dump huge buds but it will take 10 weeks. Straight fuel fire stanky pungent danky. Or I have also seen her stretch herself to airy wanna be buds that at 12 weeks just won't fill in. To me she's kinda like a gamble, not the greatest odds but if you hit it the payout is ginormous.
Mines at day 83 and virtually no cloudy but fat and so frosty they look white

Subhuman

Subhuman

1st time for me and Mine is stretching so bad I can’t stop her. Put blue lights in to slow it down but it’s Ike I don’t care I’m growing ha. Have 2 autos in rdwc and 1 is half way thru flower and other just starting to see hairs and it’s about 4 feet. Other about 6in shorter. Thought it stoped stretch but it even took back off. Took a few cuttings earlier just to see what they would do and there just starting to flower and are over a foot n half tall. Got behind so didn’t get to throw net on so I’ve got a mess going on. This is a must with this strain. So you can take cutting of sour d auto and grow them out just fine. Have those in dirt. I put my light mover up so I could turn light up more but a 6in move hasn’t helped either. I’m at 750pfd 18hr light. I’m close to tops but not burning them. Doing that so bottom gets light. I’m sure I can at least make a 50% improvement next time. My opinion it’s a unpredictable plant to grow unless you use cuttings and have a general idea about sour d.
It’s like it needs more light than you can give it and I have plenty of power.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have 3 Sour diesel plants growing right now. Mine came from here: https://oaseeds.com/en/4121-bulk-seed-bank-sour-diesel.html

All 3 are growing pretty much the same and so far have remained short and stocky and are growing more like an indica ... but I haven't switched to flower yet. 12/12 starts tomorrow. Mine are under a net but also have room to easily double their size during stretch.

The problem with Sour Diesel is so many breeders offer seeds with that name. Most of them have similar properties but they are not quite the same. It's hard to give specifics because (unless we have grown the same strain by the same breeder) we might have different results.

It's supposed to be a finicky plant but I have had no issues at all so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom