Sour Sister & Cali Con Tahoe OG

• Thread starter OGlover1224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGlover1224

OGlover1224

I have 4 TopDawg Sour Sister (reg seeds) and 2 Cali Connection Tahoe OG (fem) in a mix of roots organic original, fox farm light warrior, perlite, and dolomite lime under a 400 watt hps. Will be starting flower sunday or monday so figure itd be a good time to start up the journal. Some plants are at different ages because of some seed popping mishaps. I have not fed them anything but 1tsp/gal epsom salts last week other they have been getting spring water(jugs at supermarket). When watering i shoot for ph 6.7-6.8 but anything between 6.4 and 6.9 will do. I believe i may be getting some kind of minor deficiency. Now some plants have some yellow lower leaves which i think could of been some overwatering a while back which i have had straight for 2-3 weeks now. plants range in age from 27 days from seed to 38 days, would of loved to get a longer veg going but cant due to time restraints.

ok so here are my plants:

Sour Sister #7
27 days from seed topped at day 19 from seed.
Suspected female

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og 2

Sour Sister #6
27 days from seed topped at day 19
Suspected male
Take a look at how she ended up splitting after being topped in the second picture

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og 3

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og 4

Sour Sister #5
30 days from seed topped at day 22 from seed
Suspected female

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og 5

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og 6

Tahoe OG #1
38 days from seed topped at 5th node and beginning LST. I accidentally snapped one of the 2 main tops when trying to lst and propped her back up but i dont think that branch is going to make it unfortunately.

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og 7

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og 8

Tahoe OG #2
38 days from seed topped at 5th node and LST

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og 9

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og 10

Sour Sister #1
38 days old topped at 5th node no LST but bushing nice
Suspected male

Sour sister  cali con tahoe og 11

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Anything you guys see in the pics speak up! Here is the possible def i was talking about, i see it in tahoe 1 and 2, not more than a leaf or 2 affected though.

Def1

Def2

Def3

Then here is a group shot for shits and gigs
Group

P

paulycali

I hope that sour sister throws you some dank
Looking forward to the show :)

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Tuned for the sour sister. Should find something nice in those.

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

if its a def its minor, potentially calcium. have a look at one of the multiple symptom charts around... how much K they get? too much K if I recall can lock out Calcium to some degree. I think, not 100% but ringing bells.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

if its a def its minor, potentially calcium. have a look at one of the multiple symptom charts around... how much K they get? too much K if I recall can lock out Calcium to some degree. I think, not 100% but ringing bells.

hey thanks for the reply. not sure how much K they are getting because ive only fed one time with 1tsp epsom salt per gallon for mag. Its only the roots organic/lightwarrior feeding them so far. I mixed dolomite lime in the soil mix for calcium but they are the very small pellets so maybe they havent broke down in the soil quite yet?

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

any idea what the pH of your source water is? or the ppm? seems like it should not be a cal def. based on the info at hand. id just keep rolling as is for now, they still seem healthy overall.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Not sure on ppm buts it's spring water in a gallon jug from supermarket. PH is anywhere from 6.5-6.9 going in

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Hey guys I think I have a male here. Day 3 of flower. Not sure if you guys will be able to tell but I figured its worth a shot. This is sour sister #1

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here is a little update on day 13 of flower. Things are about to blow up! Got pistils shooting up. 3 out of the 4 sour sisters I popped ended up being male and the 4th one still hasn't shown anything on day 41 from seed 13 of flower for that final sour left. Will take some better pics in a few days.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

I've been a little confused on this little issue I've been having if you can call it that. I'd like to see if you guys have any input on it. Ok so last run I had ph and soil drainage/compaction problems relating to overwatering. So this run I went with roots organic and amended with extra perlite and it seems to of helped a good amount. I've been watering about once every 5 days or when the pots feel light and leaves get a little droop to them. After I water the leaves droop for a few hours then perk back up and have a noticeable growth spurt and would stay perked up for about 4 days but lately I've watered them and they will only stay perked up for about 2 days then droop for a day or 2 until I water them again and they perk up. The pot doesn't feel overly dry or anything it feels like it has a day or 2 left before it needs water. I was thinking maybe their water needs have increased since flower started but this last time I watered on the 4th day of no water because I was seeing a little droop and it took till the next day midday to see them perk back up so I'm thinking she couldn't have been that thirsty.

I could just be overthinking this and I can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my dank lol but I'd like to see if any of you experienced growers have any input.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Iv always done a full water with about a gallon through each 3 gal pot and allowed a lot of drain off . I waited for my pots to get dry which took about 3 days. And I'd water again. Some people do it different with the feeding every other day or so with little amounts of water to keep Tue plants getting constant nutrient intake at all times with that watering. Are you allowing your water to degas? And if so for how long and at what tempeture. If your water is too cold or too hot it could shock the plant and stress plus hotter water has less oxygen in it . if any of that helps

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Iv always done a full water with about a gallon through each 3 gal pot and allowed a lot of drain off . I waited for my pots to get dry which took about 3 days. And I'd water again. Some people do it different with the feeding every other day or so with little amounts of water to keep Tue plants getting constant nutrient intake at all times with that watering. Are you allowing your water to degas? And if so for how long and at what tempeture. If your water is too cold or too hot it could shock the plant and stress plus hotter water has less oxygen in it . if any of that helps

Thanks for the reply,
I'm in 2 gallon pots and give each plant about 2 liters of distilled water(along with nutes if I'm feeding that time). I've also just picked up GO CaMg and will add that(at least a little) to the distilled water every water from now on. I get a bit of runoff each time. Also I keep the water at room temp it definitely is not too cold going in. Ph of water going in has been between 6.4 and 6.8 everytime and no plant has gotten fed more than twice at a lower dosage with a plain water in between.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Did you check your runoff?

I did on one of the girls and it was 5.7 and that was even before I fed her anything. I've read not to pay too much attention to runoff ph unless you suspect salt build up and such. Which I do not. Also I'm using bio bizz bio bloom and strata S.O.S for added microbes and beneficial bacterias.

Natural

Natural

IME OG's like a ton of Calcium..I would skip the epsom salts on the Tahoes and increase the calcium. The cations are calcium..magnesium..potassium..and ammonium are the ones plants use and will compete with each other..so to have the proper ratios can sometimes be important for CEC. I suspect the magnesium is plentiful enough and the Tahoes are having a harder time getting the Cal they need. Looks like they are doing great and hopefully outgrowing their deficiency somewhat.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

IME OG's like a ton of Calcium..I would skip the epsom salts on the Tahoes and increase the calcium. The cations are calcium..magnesium..potassium..and ammonium are the ones plants use and will compete with each other..so to have the proper ratios can sometimes be important for CEC. I suspect the magnesium is plentiful enough and the Tahoes are having a harder time getting the Cal they need. Looks like they are doing great and hopefully outgrowing their deficiency somewhat.

I actually only fed with the Epsom once and that was a few weeks ago. But it makes sense that they might not have been getting the calcium they need because I amended with dolo lime but it was the pelletized stuff so I'm sure they weren't getting any of it yet and still might not be.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Day 27 update:
Ill post up some pics tonight when the hps goes out but for right now I'd like your guys opinion on one of my girls.
Tahoe 1 has some yellowing lower leaves BUT it's not necessarily attacking the lowest leaves down the stalk. But does seem to slowly be working its way up. My feeding schedule for the Tahoes the past 3 watering have been water with only calmag, water with 4ml bio bloom 5ml calmag and 4ml SOS beneficial bacteria, then finally the most recent, 4.5ml bio bloom 1ml of PBP grow(thought they might need a little nitrogen) 5ml calmag and 5ml SOS. I'm doubting salt buildup and ph lockout because I've been checking PH everytime before going in and it's always between 6.4 and 6.7. Overall they seem to be pretty damn healthy but hey it's a learning experience and I'm all about trying to get it perfect.
I appreciate your guys input!

Here is the most affected leaf. Most others are not too close to this point.

Here is some shots with the lights off from a few days ago showing the lightening of some leaves on Tahoe 1 (plant in the front right)

Now that I look again I see some of it happening to tahoe 2 as well but not as noticeable. Also I haven't really seen an improvement on this since last water which was day 24 and it is now day 27.
What do you guys think? Buildup or lockout? Or just want more food?

Top Bottom