Sox's 2015 Hill

• Thread starter sox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sox

sox

Looking amazing in your garden. Your plants are way bigger than my full season plants. Nice work!!

If you ever need anybody to test those beans let me know, they sound like a great cross. Been really impressed with the Sunset Sherbert I have been growing. I bet it makes good hash as well.

Been trying to track down a tray of GSC because my cut isn't putting out what I need to re-fill my greenhouse. Got a couple leads, hope it pans out.
i wanna hit that gelato too!

sox

sox

A few people have been asking why i do dumbpots...
1) my garden sits on top of multiple giant slabs of granite
2)im not into digging through granite or destroying history, there are atleast 30 of these holes on my property.

Little clones in the upper garden

Volunteer tomato plant in a blue dream pot

CHERRY WHITE F1

Blaze

Blaze

Pomo grinding holes, awesome! That is a very special piece of land you have there.

Have you ever considered some raised beds instead of the dumbpots sox? Just try one or two next year, see what you think. They definitely take more money and labor than the pots, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the results.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

A few people have been asking why i do dumbpots...
1) my garden sits on top of multiple giant slabs of granite
2)im not into digging through granite or destroying history, there are atleast 30 of these holes on my property.
View attachment 519832

Little clones in the upper garden
View attachment 519830 View attachment 519826

Volunteer tomato plant in a blue dream pot
View attachment 519831

CHERRY WHITE F1
View attachment 519827

Those holes are rather interesting. Can you please give a little insight on them? I have never seen this.

Reactions: sox
derkaderk

derkaderk

If I'm not mistaken, those are grinding holes that native American cultures used to pulverize acorn nuts, or whatever native plants they used for nutrition. This was used as flour, and various spice blends to feed the population.
We have a bunch in my area as well.

Last edited:
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

When I was searching for property in the area, Indians and miners would use those holes and chuck acorns and other nuts. All the shells were left behind and the soil was dark and rich. Really cool to have on your property, little piece of history.

I am jelous of your grow, I may not be able to come back to this thread.......Great work;)

sox

sox

Pomo grinding holes, awesome! That is a very special piece of land you have there.

Have you ever considered some raised beds instead of the dumbpots sox? Just try one or two next year, see what you think. They definitely take more money and labor than the pots, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the results.
our other property are raised beds and i love them. with all the bs in butte right now we had to go with pots.
i cant put anything into this grow due to the big chance of code enforcement coming out...they already chopped one of my properties.
hope all is well brother

sox

sox

Maidu grinding holes out this way

Paperchase

Paperchase

I might missed it but sox wat do u top dress ur plants with ?

juicey

juicey

Yeah I've been creeping this thread waiting for updates...hope all is well!

Reactions: sox
Top Bottom