oldskoolF

hi all need some help with a tiny space

2ftx2ftwith 8 ft height

what can i do with it realisticaly?

how many plants could i squeeze in?

what lights etc would cfl's be useable in this space instead of hps

this will be my first grow and im thinking to make some diy bubblee pots

any help is really appreciated

only want personal supply but i can get thru some bud ;) sick of being robbed by dealer prices now need to sort my own :)

FaderVader

FaderVader

Sure you can

from 1-6 plants for average systems. I would say run a 400w hps to max your efficient for yield and space. (excluding advanced susyems, vert ect. ) Cfl are do able but remember the more light the better. Atleast get the big cfl's or t5's you wanna run floro.

Grow in what ever system you think would be fun and interesting, bubbles work great !_!

The best bud is always grow ur own ~_0

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I would do two shelves. three t-5's with eight bulbs each. 4" exhaust fan and a couple desk fans. 4 plants a shelf and on the floor(number of plants are gonna really depend on strain etc.. Build some custom fit boxes to grow in. Ideas and possibilities are endless once its up and running. Fun to be had which ever route you go.

S

ShorelineTex

400w hps with maybe a few cfls tossed in would be perfect for that space. You could SOG in milk jugs with the tops cut out if you did soil - you could fit 4x4=16 in that space. Find a strain that doesn't branch out too much and don't veg for long and you'll have a nice, dense crop.

S

ShorelineTex

Ah...you're looking for non-HPS.

Are you against them because of ventilation/heat issues, or because of $$ issues?

You'll probably spend more $$ making DIY bubble pot system than you would on a cheap 250 or 400 hps. You can get a cheap-o 400w magnetic ballast for $250, or one with a vented hood for $325 or so.

I imagine you'll get a higher yield and better quality with top-notch lighting and cheap soil than you will with fluoros and a nice hydro system - would others agree? (I lack for much hydro experience...).

16 milk jugs + a trip to home depot for soil/organic supplies = ~$25/crop.

You just can't go wrong with good lights and fans...save your money for those if that's the issue.

T

TheGanjaMan

so 2' x 2' x 8' eh... I would make two levels. Run 2 400w hps or mh (to keep temp down.. and hey they product more thc!) if runing , MH i would add an extra 4-8, 40-60w 2200k CFL bulbs per room. I would run an in take and an exaust in each room. intake & exaust fans would be 100-150CFM bigger one as intake. 2 tempature controllers hooked up to intake. Charcoal filters if ur worried about smell. have two 2g DWC recirculating bubble bucket systems(I would run aeroponic in 2g buckets), recirculating to a 15g -30g res. 30 might be a bit big but i know you will be able to keep your water temps down with a 30g.

If you do deside to run aero and need help look for dr.greenthumbs "sea of green" and find where he post's pics of his mother buckets. There are some sick as buckets and i am going to try them out ASAP.

Hope i helped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom