Spacing For Gavitas?

• Thread starter nednurg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

atwofour

Enjoying the info guys...In the middle of changing/updating my equipment and layout here...reading all I can to get informed on the latest and greatest! :)

You all talking 1k's or 600's? Kinda makes a huge difference on all these details....

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

We're all talking 1k.

600 would be more like 3x3 - 5x5 MAX.

Nobody has mentioned the Gavita flex 6/750 which is pretty cool. Many people have replaced traditional single ended 1000w hps fixtures with these. Work awesome w shorter ceilings and cover 3.5x3.5 up to 5.5x5.5 max. Would ideally cover 3.75x3.75 or 4x4.

vangs

vangs

I run coco dtw in a system I made pots are about 10" off the ground.. I veg for 8 weeks under double dpaps. In a 16x24 I would prob only run 12 de's so 16 will definitely get the job done.i keep the lights tight to the ceiling the whole time.. Plants usually finish 2-3' from lights.

thanks for the reply back... What size dehumidifer do you use in your flower room?

N

nednurg

I know someone that just put three over a 4x8 table and pulled right at 9lbs...I have rooms setup on 4' and 5' centers..on the 4' center room I pulled right at 32lbs off 12 lights, the jury is still out on the 5 foot spacing room because I haven't pulled it down yet but it looks like its going to be stellar

Hey TK, did you ever pull down that 5' center room? Wondering how it did compared to the 4' centers.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have but there were alot of other things going on in that room at that time and it wasn't an apple to apples comparison...I'll let you know at the end of august how a side by side turns out

NuGrwthRgnic

NuGrwthRgnic

Thanks everyone for all the info. I am reconfiguring my room and looking for insight. Room is 25' x 21' x 9.5'. Currently running 12 1000w hps 9 plants per light in 5 gal pots dtw on floor. Want to upgrade to DE fixtures and use 4x8 trays on casters and push everything into the center of the room for maximum efficiency. Does this sound like a good plan? Any guidance is appreciated.

Haricot Vert

Haricot Vert

I am new to the DE style, but have been growing SE, 1 bulb vertical for a while. I am thinking of stepping up and trying these in a 10x10x10 tent.
I will begin my own thread documenting progress, as well as input from the community.
My questions regarding spacing has to do with the AC/DE hoods. Does the hood have a rectangular spread or a square one? Does the AC of the hood allow for closer placement of the light; is proximity exclusively due to light bleaching? What would the spacing be with an AC/DE in a multiple lamp set-up? Could you and should you cool multiple hoods with the same duct run? The temperature control with the AC/DE seems to need to be exact for the light spectrum to be ideal. How would one handle this?
I gotta tell you its a lot of fun reading and absorbing all this new light tech.
And I salute those of you who did the heavy lifting for the community.
Haricot V.

WellGrown

WellGrown

I have but there were alot of other things going on in that room at that time and it wasn't an apple to apples comparison...I'll let you know at the end of august how a side by side turns out

Any update on the 5' vs 4' spacing? I would love to hear!

G Star

G Star

I just built out 2 rooms, 22' L x 11' W x 12'H each

I've got 10 4x4 trays in each room, how many Epapillon fixtures should I be using? I know I can fit 10 single ended fixtures, but I designed the room with the headroom to accommodate DE fixtures. Currently I only have about 10 Epaps leftover from another space, I would be filling up the rest of the rooms with another brand, but right now i want to get the epaps dialed in first.

So to recap, 22x11, 4 or 5 Epapillon fixtures per side?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

4 per side will do it but you could also do 5,usually see 3DEs over 4x16 table. Turn the fixture sideways for better crosslighting of the tables

Top Bottom