Spelling and grammar... where has it gone?

• Thread starter 1971
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

I'd be one of those people :) I'm learning...slowly. It is definitely more fun when you have a way to apply the subject matter

V

vancerz

you make an excellent point! I'm not making a blanket statement as there are many exceptions out there.

Really, I just went on a rant given the fact that it stands out so much in every thread I read.

Then again, somebody could certainly get irritated with my lack of capitalizing. :)

:) I blame everything on fluoride.

K

kolah

"no child left behind."

the dumbing down of america is in full swing.

I hear, from my teacher friends, that the program is really a waste of money. :(

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
After reading a post in another thread a bit earlier i would like to change my vote and my mind...I am going to work on my English, Grammar and Spelling.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I would but i kind of feel bad for the guy. Maybe if he continues to not listen then we can point and laugh. :)

it just might be humorous... i wouldn't say anything to the guy as i'm usually not that much of a dickhead.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I couldnt find the exact Mark Twain quote that I was looking for but these are certainly relevent:

I am almost sure by witness of my ear, but cannot be positive, for I know grammar by ear only, not by note, not by the rules. A generation ago I knew the rules--knew them by heart, word for word, though not their meanings--and I still know one of them: the one which says--but never mind, it will come back to me presently

There is no such thing as the Queen's English. The property has gone into the hands of a joint stock company and we own the bulk of the shares.

I never let my schooling interfere with my education

Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do

ALL by Mark Twain allthough I didn't cite them correctly using AMA format.

:)

Top Bottom