Spice of Life's Donk

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

Hey there fellers. I present to you - the Donks. I've really been looking forward to this run. The Donks were flowered from seed last summer and I'm just now getting around to running clones of my 2 keepers.

The room might look a little un uniform because I've got the 2 phenos scattered on either side of the room so I can compare my cheap maxi-flower nutes to the H&G line. There is also a Serious Seeds Chronic plant in the room.

1st photo is Donk1. Was my favorite in the seed run, but now that I vegged it from clone for some time, I see that the nodes don't like to branch out.

2nd photo is Donk2. Her nodes stretch out like a champ.

3rd Photo is Serious Seeds Chronic. I know her pretty well so I decided to invite her to the party. :)

Spice of lifes donk
Spice of lifes donk 2
Chronic
Spice of lifes donk 4
Spice of lifes donk 5
iscrog4food

iscrog4food

lookin good! Im tuned in. I would like to see the results of the nute compare!

C

cheech

Yea me too. I'm rooting for the lesser expensive of the two!

I just flushed the shit out of them, but next watering will be veg nutes with bud blood at 1.2 ec..... I'm still getting the handle on determining how much food the plant needs based off its foliage.

S

spinkus

So how were the 2 keepers from seed cheech, did they yield well? And how was the smoke from the seed run? l thought l remembered reading in the description these were supposed to be good yielders, not sure

Alot of people got these as freebies when the bought the kootnay beans, right? Should be interesting to see how these bud out!

So far its looking terrific man, great job!

Also looking forward to the nute comparison

C

cheech

Thanks spinkus. The Donk buds were pretty awesome looking. Whitish in color, very different that what I'm used too, so it's kind of hard to describe.. Whitish, heh. Not sure how they smoked, I was tied down by the man at the time.

My phenos looked like Guano's here...

I bought the seeds off attitude, based off the reputation SOL seemed to have at the time, or at the particular forum I was cruising..

I've really only just gotten this growing thing down, so I'm really interested in seeing how they yield too...

I hadn't mentioned, but they are in coco/perlite 7 gallon containers.

C

cheech

Last night the room never went over 79 degrees. I'm really liking running intake/exhaust during the lights on at night and then running the ac during the lights off only..

With about 1 ton of cooling each for two flower rooms then 1 ton for the house, it keeps my small house cool during the day, then when the flower rooms turn on and 2000+ cfm of air is being exhausted into the attic it pulls the cool night air inside, that otherwise did not want to come inside.

I may not need the 4000 cfm window fan I purchased.

Looking forward to seeing what it can do though. Maybe I'll use it as an intake rather than an exhaust since I'm already exhausting.

If any other farmers go this route, make sure to put back draft dampers on any duct leaving your room so hot air from your unconditioned space doesn't fuck up your cooling.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Do you have any pics of the donk flowering from your first seed run? Wanted to pick up a pack a while back but it sold out before I got around to it.

C

cheech

Nope, but I linked to Guano's pics a couple posts back and they looked like his... He mentions the pointy structure too, and I was going to describe them as looking like spear buds, because they do.. Poke someones eye out with the buds.

S

Seed Buyer

I started 50 Donk seeds a few years ago and got nill keepers. It was a very big disappointment. I hope you find a gem. Looks great thus far.

C

cheech

Thanks groster and seed buyer.

This is by far my best grow yet in 19 months of doing this. Environment is check, container mediums nutrient levels stable. :) Wouldn't have gotten to this point on my own though. Thanks farmers.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
damn looking like some stackers here!

think Ill hang out a while

C

cheech

Yea bro, not bad for 24 days, huh? 10 weeks aught to knock me on my ass.

Time for some more Breaking Bad. Pretty dope show about dope.

LOL. Last 5 minutes of this episode will turn anyone on to the show.

C

cheech

Week 4

Never thought, based off of my previous grows, that I'd be able to hold up a pop can to week 4 buds for a size comparison. :cool0044:

Anyone know what happened to SOL? They apparently had a breeder forum here for awhile. Still do, it just doesn't have a link provided on this sites current interface.

960 1161
960 1165
960 1166
960 1168
960 1169
960 1170
960 1171
homebrew420

homebrew420

This is impressive. Been wondering about this one for a while. SOL is now defunkt. Tragedy really. Breeder Steve is I believe now growing grapes for a winery. Someone correct me if I am wrong Some of the best have come from the majestic hybrids he was putting out. THese look like they are going to be huge! Keep it up. What was the flavor and high like?

homebrew420

homebrew420

Oh meant to mention that Kooteney, of Deluxe seeds, has take the reigns of all left over genetic material and project unfinished by steve. More info can be gathered at a site I won't mention here. Begins with IC...

Peace

Top Bottom