Spice of Life's Donk

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

Yea dude, check this out.

Apparently kootenay has an account here but hasn't been on in a couple years. Maybe he's done?

Not sure about the quality of the finished product other than it looked amazing.

C

cheech

H&G is really shining compared to the plants being fed the maxiboom. The plants being fed the maxibloom are fading like a mofo. I thought it was a stand alone bloom nute, so I started using it after week 2, and from looking at the fan leaves in past photos, I can see that the fade creeped on them pretty quickly. I added in some maxi grow and the pigment is starting to come back, but I'm certain they aren't going to do as well this round as the H&G side.

Thought it was stand alone, but even the gh schedule includes the grow in their bloom feed chart.

noodles

noodles

ive read about the maxi fading fast too, i grabbed a bag after reading the kiss thread but havent gotten around to trying it.

id love to see some updates too, these girls are looking big and sweet:hi

C

cheech

Hey, sorry I can't find the camera card I used to save the harvest pics. It came out great though. Donk buds really look awesome compared to what I've been growing. I'd go take some bud pics but its all gone.

Noodles, I can no longer blame the fading on Maxi. I am running it again in another room feeding at a higher ec level and I'm not really having a fading problem anymore. It was a shitty comparison, because I should have bumped the maxi side to a higher ec. I was focused more on the ec of the two companies rather than the health of the plants using two different fertilizer brands.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
salty that avatar looks familiar just saying are u papa?

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
oh

what would you rate the DONK on potency chech or an! else who grew these?

C

cheech

My pals who I smoked a joint with and my old man also said they thought it was stronger than my other stuff, but that could just be tolerance to the other buds.

Looked good, yielded well, and smoked good.. Wish I had more seeds, since my dumb ass only kept one pheno, and their were two other good phenos, one which produced whiter colored buds that really caught peoples attention, and one that could easily be trained into a bush.

Reactions: mal
T

tree king

My pals who I smoked a joint with and my old man also said they thought it was stronger than my other stuff, but that could just be tolerance to the other buds.

Looked good, yielded well, and smoked good.. Wish I had more seeds, since my dumb ass only kept one pheno, and their were two other good phenos, one which produced whiter colored buds that really caught peoples attention, and one that could easily be trained into a bush.

cheech what was the other stuff you had where people liked the donk better? how much veg time did you give the donk and how much per plant did you end up getting?

C

cheech

Serious seeds chronic, and next generation grape god. But I think it was just smoking something different that they liked.

It's a 8 weeker... The only 8 weeker I've grown so far. I vegged around 2 months and got 8 ounces off of em. Looking forward to running it again, but it's hard to get a good number of clones off of a single plant because the nodes don't like branching out.

Where are you going to get beans? I can't find them anywhere. Every seed vendor site says they're out of stock.

T

tree king

Serious seeds chronic, and next generation grape god. But I think it was just smoking something different that they liked.

It's a 8 weeker... The only 8 weeker I've grown so far. I vegged around 2 months and got 8 ounces off of em. Looking forward to running it again, but it's hard to get a good number of clones off of a single plant because the nodes don't like branching out.

Where are you going to get beans? I can't find them anywhere. Every seed vendor site says they're out of stock.

i forgot about this thread. thanks for the info. grape god is a good strain so thats a good sign that they liked the donk better. but like you said who know if they just want something new. im waiting for some donk seeds as we speak

C

cheech

You'll like em. I'm in the process of rooting 12. I've kept donk, chronic, and Chemdog D. Really wish I still had the Chemdog #4 though. Gifted 15 cuts to someone under the premise they'd keep at least one mom that I could get 12 cuts off of em for a run.. Dude tells me he noticed powdery mildew on them and threw them out like 5 days later. You would think that since I went to the trouble of driving the cuts to his house, that he could have called me before he tossed out genetics.

C

cheech

I've got an entire room of donk finishing up. This is all one pheno of a donk. Expecting 6-8 oz per plant. I'm looking forward to moving this and finally moving onto the elites that I've got vegged out.
DSCF9515
DSCF9516
DSCF9518
DSCF9519
DSCF9521
DSCF9523
DSCF9525
DSCF9526
DSCF9528
DSCF9529
DSCF9530
DSCF9531

DSCF9519
DSCF9521
DSCF9523
DSCF9525
DSCF9526
DSCF9528
DSCF9529
DSCF9530
DSCF9531

DSCF9514
homebrew420

homebrew420

Cheech I think your the only one that has done a log on these bitches. Nice one at that. Did you say these are skunky in smell or fruity? Potentcy you said was on point too for commercial variety. really should have gotten some of these when they were available.
Anyway good to see they are still going well for ya.

Peace

C

cheech

Hey Homebrew, I appreciate your interest in my thread man, and the Donk of course. I was just told by a friend that it was weak. I roll it in joints because the buds look sick as hell but come out a little larfy and for whatever reason it wasn't in my bong much. This could have been my fault of course. I want to say that this plant is better suited for the outdoors, and to use the expensive electricity on much better quality strains. She's at week 7 btw. I'll get some close up shots of the buds.

I'm using AN sensi, used hammer head, and am finishing with overdrive. Have another room that I'm using maxibloom, kool bloom liquid, and will use kool bloom powder. The hydro store gave me some bloombastic LOL. I'm going to use it on 4 plants in the room to see if this stuff actually works. Also got a new flower hardener that's 'like gravity but without the pgrs'. I'm not a nute guy and am rooting on the maxi bloom like I always do, as I've used it in at least a dozen runs, but my skills as a grower have also improved a lot. You can see the leaf burn on those donks though.. It's not to bad though.

Not a fruity smell, that's serious seeds chronic big time. They have a unique smell, but I cant remember what it is off the top of my high head. I'll get some great dry bud shots and show the weed broken up so you can see what I mean by its different appearance. I'll try to remember to get close up bud shots tomorrow before the lights go on.

C

cheech

Here's a few donk buds, not from that last harvest posted above but the one right after that. As much as I enjoyed growing this strain mono crop about 7 runs now, I'm really glad to be moving onto these new strains which is something like 12 the white, 5 93 rascal super skunk, and 7 pre 2k blueberry. The only one I'm familiar with is the white. The 93 super skunk looks sick in veg though. Real bushy. Oh yea and 3 alien og fire cut. I'm flowering that and the white moms right now in a room of donk. I honestly just hope these strains yield like my ss chronic did. I think donk is a better outdoor strain at this point. Starts flowering in veg.

Running just one strain has improved my skills as a grower, because I don't have a green thumb, but it has gotten extremely boring. I'm just thankful I have chronic and Chemdog D hash to mix in my donk bowls.

DSCF9569
DSCF9572
C

cheech

Last run of the donk. First run with a co2 burner though, 1400 ppm. Also first run with a mini split. I love this thing, the outdoor compressor is so silent and it's 18 seer apparently. I scored it off of ebay new for 1600 shipped. Only regret was not hooking it up fast enough to get the guys last 2 ton for the same price. I'll need to get a 4 ton for the up coming grow or vent the reflectors. Since I'm so cheap, I'll likely vent the reflectors.

DSCF9588
DSCF9589
DSCF9590
Top Bottom