Spider Farmer (LED): what are you epxeriences?

• Thread starter pvandevelde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ET12SECOND

My choice looks like Phlizon FD 4500 LED with Samsung diodes, best bang for my buck @amazon/prime 450 w 2.9 umol covers a 5x5. $399.00 it's a good company. SS
They use the cheaper Samsung diodes and a non meanwell driver, I think it was a sosen but not 100% sure. Much better options to be honest

They use LM281B & Brand Driver​

E

ET12SECOND

Well, there's not actually much that can be fixed on these boards/bars. The LED's themselves are embedded in the pcb and would be difficult to replace a single burnt LED at home. The good thing is most of the grow lights are modular in construction. A driver fails, replace the driver. An led burns out, replace the bar or board. Fortunately, this has not happened to me yet. All 10 of my grow lights are still working as they should.
They can be replaced. You use a hot plate to melt the solder on the individual chips. Problem is you need to remove the pc board from the heat sink. I will replace an individual led/s that break before installation ( shit happens) I use a good thermal tape so its a slow job to remove them from a heatsink AND USUALLY NOT WORTH THE EFFORT...But I have done it in some super custom setups.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Question.... Why is it that the first thing you do when you get these lights is look directly at them? Then do it again?

Then feel the need to share the experience with your wife and anyone else that is around you?

E

ET12SECOND

Question.... Why is it that the first thing you do when you get these lights is look directly at them? Then do it again?

Then feel the need to share the experience with your wife and anyone else that is around you?
get some good Green titnted glasses to wear when working in the room. Dont damage your eyes

T

TWM

Hi,

I just ordered the "Upgrade SE7000 730W LED Grow Light Samsung LM301B Diodes 8 Cool bars"

But I read some bad reviews about spider farmer.

Who has bad experiences with their led lights?

And their customer service?

Am I fucked?

Thanks
Hello,

First grow with Spider Framer SE3000. First indoor grow, period. Things seem to be working out. Stay positive.
Bud

D

Drasik

They use the cheaper Samsung diodes and a non meanwell driver, I think it was a sosen but not 100% sure. Much better options to be honest

They use LM281B & Brand Drive​

They use LM281B & Brand Driver​

Some of the meanwell drivers are not the best especially some for the 21' models, their efficiencies were atrocious Sosen are just as good and sometime better in some cases. They work great with the Samsung 301's

WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

I just finished harvesting these using 2 Spiderfarmer sf2000 in a 4 x 4 gorilla tent. DWC, 4 5 gallon pots with SCROG, 2 Airstones per bucket, never did a nutrient change. Used Hydroguard the whole grow except for the last week. Did not trim any fan leaves until I chopped. 48 hour darn period before chopping. The size of the buds were bigger than the first grows this is my 3rd grow from the same motherplant clones. Very Frosty and next time i would add a 3rd SF2000. These two were barely enough light.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I just finished harvesting these using 2 Spiderfarmer sf2000 in a 4 x 4 gorilla tent. DWC, 4 5 gallon pots with SCROG, 2 Airstones per bucket, never did a nutrient change. Used Hydroguard the whole grow except for the last week. Did not trim any fan leaves until I chopped. 48 hour darn period before chopping. The size of the buds were bigger than the first grows this is my 3rd grow from the same motherplant clones. Very Frosty and next time i would add a 3rd SF2000. These two were barely enough light.

Agreed buddy, hitting the sweet spot in my 4x4 @ 600w :) looking good

MedicalHydroponics

MedicalHydroponics

Here is his harvest, I still think HPS buds have a better Organic fuller look to them. Many say led buds look like pgr buds. Either way these are the better led buds I have seen, with good harvest.

DanC520

DanC520

I did have an issue with the SE5000, half of it went dim. I tightened up a wire connection and it came back on though.
So some time has passed, what’s the final verdict?

I just got a 5x5 and plan on moving my HLG scorpion rspec over to that. Will need a new light for 4x4. Might just be a veg space, but don’t want to box myself in.

I have the HLG, a sunsystem 315w cmh, a Mars hydro tsw 2000, and a SF1000. All in use and no problems (knock on wood) so far. So doesn’t help lol. Thinking 4/20 sales will be the time, so doing research now. Any insight will be appreciated.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

they sponsored me a sf4000 i do like the light have had no problems with it . but i don't think i will ever do another sponsor ship with them again because the sponsorship itself has been nothing but a bad exp for me .
Oh no really you got a sponsorship with them and your not liking it from the seems of it in my experience and anyone that I know myself has any Spiderfarmer gear they all have notting bad to say about the brand or there products if anything I always hear people saying I wanna try this light or I can’t wait to upgrade to another bigger light if there’s or something but anyways in my experience I would highly recommend everyone to try out the light some people don’t like it and others just love it so all I can say is pick one up yourself and you will be surprised with the results for a 3x3 I would say the 3000 but than something bigger I would prob go 4000 or anything bigger like the light bars or anything

Zombierider

Zombierider

I'm testing out their upgraded SE5000 and SF4000 and have to say I'm impressed with the SE5000. It's a solid light for sure. The SF4000 is good too but not on the same level as the bar lights imho.

Whatever your thoughts are on the company itself, the lights themselves are quite decent. I'm sure there are better lights out there but I have no complaints so far. Only halfway through flower
Nice canopy! I also like my Spiderfarmer light, the SE 3000. For 300 bucks, its a deal and its a light. A light is a light, and if is full spectrum and the proper wattage, drivers, diodes, far red.....its all semi-marketing. You can grow dank with pretty much any modern grow light, just dont douse it in water or use it to fight zombies. Though...smashing a zombie's head with an LED light sounds kinda badass lmfao

Latest posts

Top Bottom