Spider Farmer (LED): what are you epxeriences?

• Thread starter pvandevelde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheHummusMonk

TheHummusMonk

I also have an upgraded SE7000 which I received back in Nov, it is replacing a 1kDE HPS in a 3-4k set up. Been very happy with it and it's keeping up with 1k DEs. Solid light for sure, imvho you'll be happy.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

This plant has only been in tent for last 11 days whilst into flower..pretty impressed by it, growth has been amazing under 80% dim, once i get another soon to be needed fan i will have it at 100% for the last 45 days or so.

Awesome light very happy i found this one, my tent would be full but i had a male, but again these plants weren't in good condition when they made their way into the tent, but look at them now.😎

OGKUSHFLOWERDAY11
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Before and after photos.

First photo is day 1 of flower.

Last photos are Day 14.😎

Pretty good growth is just 14 days.🤩

I had a male in the tent so down to 3.

OGKUSHDAY1FLOWER
OGKUSHDAY14FLOWER
MRSBABYKUSHDAY14FLOWER
OGKUSHFLOWERDAY14
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have the SF4000. I didn't buy it. I won it in a contest on THCFarmer. I haven't had it very long so I don't have a grow yet on it. However, so far I am pleased with it's performance. It runs cool and provides great coverage. It's worth considering if you're after a quantum board style light.

D

D_G

Are new spider farmer leds any better quality than the older ones? Im really tempted to get into leds, and looking for the right brand for me. I want reliable leds.
And does the new SE7000 730W LED Grow Light Samsung LM301B Diodes 8 Cool bars have IR + UV?

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

I can't remember where I read it but I saw a guy talking about how he ordered a mars hydro light direct from their website and was sent a spiderfarmer light or vice versa. He was making it sound like mars hydro and spiderfarmer are the same company,different names. Anyone else heard of this??

If its true then I'm not touching spiderfarmer

D

D_G

No real complaints here. Mine performed extremely well.
Infact I think they outperformed my 1k HPS.
Didn't you have some issues with product quality before? After all you like them?

I can't remember where I read it but I saw a guy talking about how he ordered a mars hydro light direct from their website and was sent a spiderfarmer light or vice versa. He was making it sound like mars hydro and spiderfarmer are the same company,different names. Anyone else heard of this??

Yeah I remember reading that too, I think it was problem with spider farmed and they were sent mars product replacement.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have a couple of each they are not even close! Prolly made in the same factory though

D

D_G

@GrowHobo looks gorgeous
I'm looking for a led without ir + uv, and se7000 didn't mention about those. I know that se5000 has em.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Didn't you have some issues with product quality before? After all you like them?
I did have an issue with the SE5000, half of it went dim. I tightened up a wire connection and it came back on though.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

@GrowHobo looks gorgeous
I'm looking for a led without ir + uv, and se7000 didn't mention about those. I know that se5000 has em.
Yeah as far as I know the last 7000 did not have them. Not sure why. Honestly if it were me I’d grab a pair of 5000s That way you can fine tune your canopy a lil easier

D

D_G

Why without?, especially IR super beneficial
Uv (and ir?) diodes have a lot shorter lifespan, and one dead led means whole light is useless. Atleast this is what I've read about them, no first hand experience yet.

Many good lights seem to have gone this way, only whites and reds. But you guys make me believe SF lights are decent. Can get almost 2x of those compared to some expensive HLG:s, so its tempting!

Last edited:
GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

I have one SF 2000.

No complaints, works as advertised.
Also have kingbrite.
The SF looks a little bit better but if I were buying again i would go for kingbrite i guess..

Saw one video where one guy pointed out some SF lights had some cover that smoldered and spread tiny particles of silicon i think it was over the plants. This had me worried and made me check if I could spot brown spots next to the leds.

Could not see any.

Good thing that you do research

Dothraki

Dothraki

Uv (and ir?) diodes have a lot shorter lifespan, and one dead led means whole light is useless. Atleast this is what I've read about them, no first hand experience yet.

Many good lights seem to have gone this way, only whites and reds. But you guys make me believe SF lights are decent. Can get almost 2x of those compared to some expensive HLG:s, so its tempting!
SF lights are excellent. Not sure if they are using AS good of components as HLG but I’m sure it’s not too far off. HLG are wayyyy overpriced and you’re not getting anything different in the eyes of the plant. Photons are photons. The spectrum is there, including IR and UV. If an IR or UV diode goes out it wouldn’t make the light not work. It would still work the same lol. HLG components are all made in China too, probably same place SF components are made.

Top Bottom