Spider Farmer SF1000 From Seed to Harvest

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
All good check out my light review and get a meter it’s the best way to maximise you light out put and running cooler less energy no foxtailing I like to keep the final weeks at a cooler temp , this is my first grow using led lights and I’m finding this grow has been a bit quicker in ripening and the buds are like rocks trichomes are just popping out , compared to Mh and HPS lights . Od .

HarryHood

HarryHood

OD- will do. I was planning on downloading one of the available lux meter apps. Seems like some Farmers on here use them as they screenshot their readings. Or should I purchase a digital unit like the one in your picture? Thank you for your advice.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
OD- will do. I was planning on downloading one of the available lux meter apps. Seems like some Farmers on here use them as they screenshot their readings. Or should I purchase a digital unit like the one in your picture? Thank you for your advice.
Oh if you can get a good app try that i don’t have a mobile phone so I like my meter I use it in my garden outdoors as well for 25 bucks it’s paying for itself every time I turn it on ... 🤙

HarryHood

HarryHood

I asked the same question via message and here's the answer I was given. As for dimming you'll have to play around with that yourself in order to dial in the correct lux. I'm in the seedling stage now at roughly 35% dimming and 24 inches above plants. Hope this helps

growth stage hanging height
Germination 24-30 inches
Seeding 24 inches
Veg 18-24 inches
Flower 12-18 inches

Good luck with your grow, bswe22!

bswe22

bswe22

I asked the same question via message and here's the answer I was given. As for dimming you'll have to play around with that yourself in order to dial in the correct lux. I'm in the seedling stage now at roughly 35% dimming and 24 inches above plants. Hope this helps

growth stage hanging height
Germination 24-30 inches
Seeding 24 inches
Veg 18-24 inches
Flower 12-18 inches

Good luck with your grow, bswe22!

Thanks!

bswe22

bswe22

Yes they do and I have that. I got the same one from the SF2000 and SF4000 and it doesn’t say anything about what percent they are dimmed to. Should I put my SF4000 30” away and 100% over my seedlings?

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Just go by lux, I'm not moving my lights at all this grow. Judge it based on the plants response if you need to increase or decrease.

Only do this if you can dim

HarryHood

HarryHood

Yes they do and I have that. I got the same one from the SF2000 and SF4000 and it doesn’t say anything about what percent they are dimmed to. Should I put my SF4000 30” away and 100% over my seedlings?
Being a new farmer I too had no idea what dimming % was best. Thankfully the good folks on this site steered me in the right direction. As others have stated you have to dial-in your lux according to the plants growth stage. At the advice of others here I downloaded an app that people seem to use quite a bit, or you could purchase a light meter, and I've dialed-in my lux easily.
Depending on how high you're gonna hang your light will play a huge role in what % dimming you're gonna set it at. I believe that you have the sf4000 like myself? If I'm reading and following the light hanging recommendations from the manufacturer correctly, and from other information I'm gathering I'll most likely never have to be at 100% as it appears this baby throws out an amazing amount of light as registered by my lux meter app, and a plant can only absorb so much, which will undoubtedly be cost effective. Also, I could be wrong in saying this though as this is my first grow and it's 5 autos.
I recommend doing what I'm doing and become familiar the search function on here to get a better grasp on the entire process as well as all the terms/vocabulary that can be easily overwhelming for us beginners. And of course listen to the solid advice that you'll gather from the good farmers here and you'll be good to go. Good luck!

freestatefarmer

freestatefarmer

Quick heat question.......I have a 2x2 grow box with 150w hps. Good ventilation and ballast outside. How does the 1000 compare to my 150hps as far as heat output? Thanks in advance.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Quick heat question.......I have a 2x2 grow box with 150w hps. Good ventilation and ballast outside. How does the 1000 compare to my 150hps as far as heat output? Thanks in advance.

I have one of each and the 150watt hps definitely puts out more heat, I would estimate about double, including the ballast. Idk about without the ballast.

Top Bottom