Spider Farmer SF1000 kit review!

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I run this light and it's a good light but it's not gonna do it in a 4 by 4 you're gonna need two. 👍

nice of you to jump right in and defend them with more exaggerated misinformation and no facts. 25 watts per square foot from the 2 underpowered boards i a 4x4 is not enough for recommended minimum wattage standards.

growsince79

growsince79

nice of you to jump right in and defend them with more exaggerated misinformation and no facts. 25 watts per square foot from the 2 underpowered boards i a 4x4 is not enough for recommended minimum wattage standards.
Its amazing they get 3lb in a under powered 4 x4. 3 lights they could probably get 4lbs per tent. lol

BigCube

BigCube

They contacted me and asked if I would review the kit, I said I would and that's what I'm doing.

There are always better and cheaper fixtures. I wasnt asked to compare it. I was asked to review it as a product. So I am.

When it's over, I will have a write up of all the things I like and dislike. That is the point of this for me. Just wait till I have a chance to actually grow a cycle with the setup to say I did and what conclusions I've drawn. Right now, I'm giving everything a chance.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Take a look at my grows and keep telling me they're under powered. 🤷‍♂️

Your "standards" are your standards. My standards grow great bud too. Different strokes ya know?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Are you running 25w/sqft? What yield are you getting?
Yes, even less in the 3x3. I'm getting 1.5 g/w looking to push that to 2 g + with the 1gal challenge plant. It will be close. 600 to 700 umol over most of the middle drops down to 450 at the walls. It works for me it can work for others.

growsince79

growsince79

Yes, even less in the 3x3. I'm getting 1.5 g/w looking to push that to 2 g + with the 1gal challenge plant. It will be close. 600 to 700 umol over most of the middle drops down to 450 at the walls. It works for me it can work for others.
Wow that's way better than the youtube testers par. What kind of meter do you have?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I will get 1.5 in this tent on these 2 plants fairly easily I think at 25 w/sq ft

The cheese plant is 2 weeks from cut so she will finish in the corner and she's bigger than my last one which weighed 133 g

The monster is a toofless alien auto from mephisto that I think has tmv and never flipped.

20210221 205958
Wow that's way better than the youtube testers par. What kind of meter do you have?
It's irrelevant unless you know the distance from the light. Mine is 18" away on 100%

growsince79

growsince79

I will get 1.5 in this tent on these 2 plants fairly easily I think at 25 w/sq ft

The cheese plant is 2 weeks from cut so she will finish in the corner and she's bigger than my last one which weighed 133 g

The monster is a toofless alien auto from mephisto that I think has tmv and never flipped.

View attachment 1094655
It's irrelevant unless you know the distance from the light. Mine is 18" away on 100%
I think I was confused. You must have a 200w right?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
They are 200 watts instead of the standard 240 yet cost as much as a 300w+ hlg board.

And your perception of “great bud” has nothing to do with proper lighting statistics or results. There are standards for production. Showing a pic of flowers and saying its a great light is like a cartoon for noobs. Not proper lighting info. They count on folks like you to avoid honest info.

how did you like the joke they made with the photoshopped integrated sphere test? And of course they wont answer to it. They dont have to they have free agenda ridden salespeople like you to help them lie.

“Youre sf 2000 will help with great harvest” lol.
I think you are confusing what I say with what spider farmer says. I just talk about my actual experience using a pair of sf-2000's. You talk about how SF lies about their product and exaggerates the par numbers.

You do realize that we could both be telling the truth right?

Calling me an "agenda ridden" salesperson is about as misleading as SF tbh 🤔

Who's got the agenda again?

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think you are confusing what I say with what spider farmer says. I just talk about my actual experience using a pair of sf-2000's. You talk about how SF lies about their product and exaggerates the par numbers.

You do realize that we could both be telling the truth right?

Calling me an "agenda ridden" salesperson is about as misleading as SF tbh 🤔

Who's got the agenda again?

Lol. Those were different comments i deleted right away to stop arguing. You are awfully fast at responding to defend spider farmer. ;-)

They should pay you. Or at least give you free stuff.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Lol. Those were different comments i deleted right away to stop arguing. You are awfully fast at responding to defend spider farmer. ;-)

They should pay you. Or at least give you free stuff.
Haha no worries mate. It's because they can tell I give it straight and can't be bought. Ive never spoken highly of them as a company, just like a lot of other companies imo. Plus, they don't like the way I void my warranty before I even hang up the light. 🤣

BigCube

BigCube

If she has a good stretch you can still reach the walls if you flip now she's gonna really spring to life.

Looking great 👍

Thanks 👍 I love small grows for some reason. The last small growbi did was in an 18"x18"x36" tent I made. This light would have done awesome in that tent.

If it was a true 2x2, I probably would hit the walls with it. I want to try and keep the footprint as close to the advertised size as possible for testing purposes.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
im totally new, these questions are sincere and i am not trying to make any point, just learn. i only say that due to the contentious nature this thread has taken (not that i dont enjoy some posturing, but i REALLY dont know anything!)

so, around post number 70, you all talk about ppm, i know that means parts per mil, but parts of what? how do i check mine, and what is the number im looking for.

next, i get what you are saying about the edges and light, is there a way to (not in this review, but for like practical uses) use the less light edges? maybe some other stage or something. (yes, i get that the best thing is to get more light, but if you cant... can i use ALL of the light i have by doing more than one thing with it) or even growing something gardeny or a kitchen herb? is it best to keep the one seperate from the other.

i get that you wont know what you wont know till the whole test cycle is done, but can you make any statements about the phases it has undergone so far? like (and i just mean to show dummy me, not to start stuff) could you show a pic of some other plant from a different light you used and the pic from the 3rd week of that so i can see, ive no idea, and comparing one persons grow to another for this purpose seems useless. you probably do whatever you do basically the same, so your plant at 3 weeks under your chosen light would help me see any differences - good or bad or just plain different!

ok, so i could go on and on, this is so very interesting, but i will just ask one more thing... on a pic that grownsince95 posted, there is a tube going to the plant on the right, it goes to a round brown thing... what is that?

oh wait, one more thing, do you buy seeds or make your own? just curious

BigCube

BigCube

im totally new, these questions are sincere and i am not trying to make any point, just learn. i only say that due to the contentious nature this thread has taken (not that i dont enjoy some posturing, but i REALLY dont know anything!)

so, around post number 70, you all talk about ppm, i know that means parts per mil, but parts of what? how do i check mine, and what is the number im looking for.

next, i get what you are saying about the edges and light, is there a way to (not in this review, but for like practical uses) use the less light edges? maybe some other stage or something. (yes, i get that the best thing is to get more light, but if you cant... can i use ALL of the light i have by doing more than one thing with it) or even growing something gardeny or a kitchen herb? is it best to keep the one seperate from the other.

i get that you wont know what you wont know till the whole test cycle is done, but can you make any statements about the phases it has undergone so far? like (and i just mean to show dummy me, not to start stuff) could you show a pic of some other plant from a different light you used and the pic from the 3rd week of that so i can see, ive no idea, and comparing one persons grow to another for this purpose seems useless. you probably do whatever you do basically the same, so your plant at 3 weeks under your chosen light would help me see any differences - good or bad or just plain different!

ok, so i could go on and on, this is so very interesting, but i will just ask one more thing... on a pic that grownsince95 posted, there is a tube going to the plant on the right, it goes to a round brown thing... what is that?

oh wait, one more thing, do you buy seeds or make your own? just curious

The ppm can also be measured in total desolved solids or TDS. Both numbers are measuring the amount of stuff other than water is in your water. They can be literally anything that will desolve in water. In most cases minerals.

You want a lower number if possible below 100. You can buy a tds/ppm meter from amazon for like 20 bucks.

As for the light footprint. Ideally your light would be sized correctly for the environment you're growing in. Then you would go right to the edges and not worry about it. But in cases like this, where the light is too small for the tent or if you have an open space grow. You can definitely use those lesser light areas to grow other stuff or have clones going. Just be sure to mind your day/night cycle.

I do all three, I make seeds, I buy seeds, and take clones. Mostly I take clones unless im breading or starting a new strain.

Hope this helps man 👍

Harvard

Harvard

Are you running 25w/sqft? What yield are you getting?
I’m running 22 w/sqft, and getting close to 4 a light with LED’s. With hps I was running 33 w sq/ft and only getting 2 3/4 a light. I was wondering if I was going to have to move a wall in, but no way. This next run I’m going to see how much I can yield. Pretty confident it will be damn near 4 or more a light.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
yes, that helps. i will get the meter. i have well water, so no idea what is in it! if the number is high do i buy water or is there a cheap way to take the "stuff" out of the water?

i ask about the light and the edges because my space is round, and the light is - well, not round! so i am going to have some edge, i got the light that has good light (according to their chart) across the whole thing, but the front and back will have a bit that is still well lit, but not what the chart says for cannabis. im thinking of herbs for the kitchen there, i could find some that would like that light and do ok, i am just wondering if i am putting my cannabis at risk because other stuff might attract some bug or some bad thing.

thank you for the info!

Top Bottom