Spider Farmer SF1000 kit review!

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

I meant no disrespect.
Good luck friend.
I will tag along if you don’t mind. But quietly.
Peace out.

BigCube

BigCube

the problem is that he doesn't like the manufacturer of the light, ignore him.

I know, but I want them to admit it. Instead of making some shit up about what I'm doing wrong. 🤣

Seriously, for a plant that's only really been here for 12 or 13 days, freshly transplanted then being topped, on a restricted watering/feeding schedule, it's doing damn good. 👍

growsince79

growsince79

What problem? You say there is a problem, yet I don't see one. Did you miss where I topped it?
1st pic just topped 2nd pic 2 weeks later. Documented in Cali connection purple chem diary. Normal 2 week growth in my world.
I just thought yours was growing slow, and I don't believe its because of the light. No offense intended.

IMG 20200903 072540432 HDR
IMG 20200919 173756532 HDR 2
BigCube

BigCube

I meant no disrespect.
Good luck friend.
I will tag along if you don’t mind. But quietly.
Peace out.

Thanks man. I honestly would like an answer though if that's possible. You dont have to reply, but honestly it would be nice to know what's actually going on.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
It might be an optical illusion but it looks like the light is really high. Whats the lux at canopy height if you don't mind me asking?

BigCube

BigCube

I urge you to go back and look.

I topped it on feb 5th
It's not even been 10 days yet, today just started. It went from this:

20210205 103944

To this:

20210216 085835

In 9 days.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

I did not mean there was any problems. Your set up is awesome. I saw your hygrometer at 19C & 21C and thought that was your running temp and figured that if it was higher your good growth could have been more.

growsince79

growsince79

I did not mean there was any problems. Your set up is awesome. I saw your hygrometer at 19C & 21C and thought that was your running temp and figured that if it was higher your good growth could have been more.
I went back and looked and stand by my statement. They are growing slow. Nobody is picking on you because they don't like your light. The light ain't the problem unless its just too far away.

BigCube

BigCube

I see, thanks for answering 😀
Yeah at times you see it below 20c, it has only been there for minutes until the house furnace kicks in and brings everything back to 21c again. With the tent closed and lights on, it can reach 25.5 in the tent. The lowest it has gone ever, was with the lights out at 19.5c and that would have only been for minutes until the thermostat clicked on and brought everything back up to 21c. 👍

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
@BigCube We can all agree that fast/slow is relative and related to medium, light, strain, environments etc. Normal growth to one farmer is painfully slow to another. Compared to a plant I'm scrogging now, yes, it's looks sluggish...COMPARED! Personally I don't see the need to do that and comment.

It seems more like you were unhappy with the way @growsince79 so confidently stated his opinion.

If there's one thing you can expect when you're here is that you are going to get a lot of different opinions and ideas about your grow. How you respond to that will dictate the tone of your thread obviously. If I'm not mistaken this is not a grow journal, it's a kit review. IMO you have an obligation to be as fair and objective with the responses you get here regardless of the fact you think they are not "relevant" Getting snarky when you don't like the question or answer is like putting out more troll bait imo.

Look how quick I showed up! 👹

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

I went back and looked and stand by my statement. They are growing slow. Nobody is picking on you because they don't like your light. The light ain't the problem unless its just too far away.

There is no problem, here I'll run you through it one more time. Maybe I missed some important information somewhere.

My grow medium is promix hp. It has no nutrients. I feed by watering my plants, with excess water to flush out old salts. Just like coco.

For optimal growth, you are supposed to water with nutrients every day. Thus gives you hydroponic like growth.

But you dont have to. You can do like what I choose to do. In veg, timing and growth is not critical. It doesnt matter if it takes you a little longer to veg, as long as by the time you flower you're on a daily watering schedule.

As I said before, I'm in no hurry. I water/feed every 3 days instead of every day. That makes up for the difference you're seeing.

Make sense?

BigCube

BigCube

We can all agree that fast/slow is relative and related to medium, light, strain, environments etc. Normal growth to one farmer is painfully slow to another. Compared to a plant I'm scrogging now, yes, it's looks sluggish...COMPARED! Personally I don't see the need to do that and comment.

It seems more like you were unhappy with the way @growsince79 so confidently stated his opinion.

If there's one thing you can expect when you're here is that you are going to get a lot of different opinions and ideas about your grow. How you respond to that will dictate the tone of your thread obviously. If I'm not mistaken this is not a grow journal, it's a kit review. IMO you have an obligation to be as fair and objective with the responses you get here regardless of the fact you think they are not "relevant" Getting snarky when you don't like the question or answer is like putting out more troll bait imo.

No it had more to do with me ignoring the irrelevant comment, him coming back to what, I guess try again? Then me telling him my temperatures and how they are not low, explaining why the growth is slower than it could be. And then seemingly him not believing me or something... I dont really know what he thinks now. Does he think I'm a liar? Does he think the reduced nutrients isnt enough to explain it? I don't know.

Confidence in something isnt bad, but when its misplaced it can be. It became clear to him that he didn't have the whole picture, and to save face? continued to troll me even on other threads. 🤣

Might have something to do with that. 👍

Look, I'm all for helping people, but jumping in to their thred where they arent asking any questions and happy with the way things are going, seeing a couple pictures, asking zero questions and posting something irrelevant to the situation or straight up false is not helping.

I get it, it's the internet, we dont always take the time to make sure what we are saying is right. But when it happens it's as easy as "oh, my bad. I didn't know". That's it. End of conversation. Remember there is another person on the other side of the screen.

growsince79

growsince79

No it had more to do with me ignoring the irrelevant comment, him coming back to what, I guess try again? Then me telling him my temperatures and how they are not low, explaining why the growth is slower than it could be. And then seemingly him not believing me or something... I dont really know what he thinks now. Does he think I'm a liar? Does he think the reduced nutrients isnt enough to explain it? I don't know.

Confidence in something isnt bad, but when its misplaced it can be. It became clear to him that he didn't have the whole picture, and to save face? continued to troll me even on other threads. 🤣

Might have something to do with that. 👍

Look, I'm all for helping people, but jumping in to their thred where they arent asking any questions and happy with the way things are going, seeing a couple pictures, asking zero questions and posting something irrelevant to the situation or straight up false is not helping.

I get it, it's the internet, we dont always take the time to make sure what we are saying is right. But when it happens it's as easy as "oh, my bad. I didn't know". That's it. End of conversation. Remember there is another person on the other side of the screen.
Ok You win. I tell you what you want to hear.
That is the best looking, fastest growing monster I've ever seen. You are the master, and your new sf light makes you a grow god!

Last edited:
Top Bottom