Spider Farmer SF1000 kit review!

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
you definitely didn't get a half pound from that dinky thing lol
Heres a tip for you, dont come into other people threads and try to offer unsolicited negative advice when you have no clue because you didnt take the time to read throught the thread or ask simple questions first.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Dude you need to get your eyes checked. He told you he only fed once every 3 days. I asked if he was growing in coco so I could give him some helpful info ie. Feeding EVERY single day in coco. Its paramount and if you don't, you're not gonna maximize your yield for any time you do that. So please stop guesstimating by a picture. This site is for learning and if you can only be defensive and talk shit on someone. Bc let's face it, you didn't advise him on anything useful, which tells me you should listen more than you talk! Keep growing but never stop learning.
You never asked if he was growing in coco, lol. Heres a hint, hes not growing in coco or soil.... 🙂

Cypress66

Cypress66

Cypress,

I have a set here ..600watt ones ..I went to the full spectrum leds..and they both defo save the the pennies..I doubt I’ll be putting mine bck up ,they’re sitting bck in a box...if you’re interested,let me know& maybe we can get them to you?? Finchyboy over n out ✌️❤️

SpiderFarmer..I’ve just took a couple of new ones ..it feels like this grows taking forever..but I can wait ..lols..I hope you don’t mind ..I’ll post you the ones I’ve just took there..ps they are all auto Biodiesels ..one flew when I replaced the burple with a full spectrum..have took the pics from that one first..it has me all excited ..the other pics are all 4plants ..taken less than 15 mins ago..I hope you likeable thanks buddy ,for the compliment early..you’re a diamond mate..I’ve seen your pics too View attachment 1121511
Just wondering why my username is at the top of the page?

BigCube

BigCube

Today is the day. I've trimmed and jarred the white widow grown in the sf1000 kit. After completing a cycle with the kit I feel the opinions I have and the data i have gathered should be separated and addressed individually.
I will start with the facts as I see them. Then I will give some opinions. I will try to make clear what is opinion and what is fact.

First the facts!

The kit retails for $559.99 Canadian on amazon. As of the writing of this review there is an additional 50$ off coupon. So if you decide this is the kit for you, now is the time to get it.

It comes in a surprisingly small and even more surprisingly heavy box. Packaged very well with boxes inside of boxes. All items are in their original retail boxes. In the kit you get:

A spider farmer 27×27×62 inch tent, 1680D with a patterned mylar back. Full metal frame and corners. 3 vents and 4 6" ports.

Opinions:
I love the tent size for a single plant scrog. The quality seems to be good! No light leaks. I do not like how the front "window" is a screen instead of a vynil window, with only velcro to hold air I'm sure it just sucks air in through there all day long. Also I do not like how the mechanism to hold the tents door flap open is just 2 straps. Where most tents have velcro on those straps so you can easily hold the tent open, on this tent the straps have no velcro. Minor gripes, but worth mentioning.

4 inch inline fan and filter with speed controller, ducting and hose clamps.

Opinions:
The fan is unrated but I'm guessing around 160cfm maybe 180cfm. All plastic and quite solid. Works good with the tent. A bit louder compared to my metal with leather wrapped ones I'm used to. Speed controller works and has a decent range for the fan. The filter is unbranded and has worked as intended for the entire grow. Not much bad to say about this combo, it's pretty much exactly what is needed.

Sf1000 100w fixture with 3000k and 4000k samsung lm301 chips, along with 660 and 730 nm chips. (Deep red and infared) utilizing a 100w mean well driver. Dimmer and link function. Hanging kit and timer.

Opinions:
This is the bread and butter of any kit, the light. The fixture itself is amazing, by virtue of its components but also due to its clean construction. Remember I'm used to waygo and marr connectors. Unfortunately moving the driver out of the tent requires an ordeal that includes voiding your warranty. But on the plus side it doesnt really get that hot.
The hanging kit is 4 braided and crimped cable and 2 ratchet rope pulleys. It works but I prefer s hooks and chain. The timer is a push pin type 24hr timer.

Net/mesh, thermometer/hydrometer and 4 - 3 galon felt pots.

Opinions:
The net they include has very large spacing and cant be used as a scrog net, but is about right for your top net or if your not scrogging just a support for the crowns. Unfortunately its black and thick too, making it not ideal for me. The thermostat/hydrometer are your standard $4 dollar store setup. They work, not much else to say. The felt pots... I use felt pots frequently. This is the first time I've had a felt pot start to mold on me. Not the felt itself, but the stitching on the handle specifically. Not sure if this was a freak occurrence or not, but a quick swap to a standard pot fixed the problem.

The entire kit:

Facts:
The entire electrical footprint of this kit is about 125w. The light itself runs at 105w +/- 5w from my readings. I was able to grow 207g of dried flower with 16g of trim with this kit utilizing the scrog method in promix HP and feeding with general hydroponics flora series.

Opinions:

I am surprised I hit the 2g per watt mark. The light is technically too small for the tent, but i have to admit I wasnt expecting to hit the same number I get in my big tents with ample light. Admittedly the larf (popcorn) started much higher up though. In my normal setup with ample light I get 12 to 14 inches of hard buds before they start getting fluffy. And that's where I normally trim off during growing. In this setup only the top 8 to 10 inches were hard buds and the last 4 to 6 inches were progressively fluffier. I kept some of the not rock hard buds. But anything that was actually popcorn or easily flattened ended up in the trim.
The kit also did not come with a circulation fan, a must for any grow really.

If I was to change anything in this kit I would:
Include a bit smaller of a tent or more likely a bit larger of a light. Another 50% more and I'm sure my results would have been more in line with what I usually turn out. I would scrap the felt pots and the net and include a small clip on fan for air circulation.
But that is about it.

All in all this is a great kit that has the potential to give you 200g plus of flower. Could you cobble together something better for less? Of course. But kits are aimed toward new growers or those who dont want the hastle of learning all the ins and outs of the gear then tracking down all the components and not actually knowing the potential of the system untill your money is spent. For many the kit is a no hassle, one box item that is known to work well. It takes the worry and guess work out of the equation and let's you get down to what matters. Growin that medicine!

This kit checks all the boxes. It does what it is supposed to and the gear is quality. I would reccomend this kit to anyone looking for one. 👍

I would like to thank Spider farmer for reaching out to me, and to most of you here at the farm who make this community worth being a part of.
I think I'll take a break from my threads for a while after this one 🤣

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Today is the day. I've trimmed and jarred the white widow grown in the sf1000 kit. After completing a cycle with the kit I feel the opinions I have and the data i have gathered should be separated and addressed individually.
I will start with the facts as I see them. Then I will give some opinions. I will try to make clear what is opinion and what is fact.

First the facts!

The kit retails for $559.99 Canadian on amazon. As of the writing of this review there is an additional 50$ off coupon. So if you decide this is the kit for you, now is the time to get it.

It comes in a surprisingly small and even more surprisingly heavy box. Packaged very well with boxes inside of boxes. All items are in their original retail boxes. In the kit you get:

A spider farmer 27×27×62 inch tent, 1680D with a patterned mylar back. Full metal frame and corners. 3 vents and 4 6" ports.

Opinions:
I love the tent size for a single plant scrog. The quality seems to be good! No light leaks. I do not like how the front "window" is a screen instead of a vynil window, with only velcro to hold air I'm sure it just sucks air in through there all day long. Also I do not like how the mechanism to hold the tents door flap open is just 2 straps. Where most tents have velcro on those straps so you can easily hold the tent open, on this tent the straps have no velcro. Minor gripes, but worth mentioning.

Opinions:
The fan is unrated but I'm guessing around 160cfm maybe 180cfm. All plastic and quite solid. Works good with the tent. A bit louder compared to my metal with leather wrapped ones I'm used to. Speed controller works and has a decent range for the fan. The filter is unbranded and has worked as intended for the entire grow. Not much bad to say about this combo, it's pretty much exactly what is needed.

Sf1000 100w fixture with 3000k and 4000k samsung lm301 chips, along with 660 and 730 nm chips. (Deep red and infared) utilizing a 100w mean well driver. Dimmer and link function. Hanging kit and timer.

Opinions:
This is the bread and butter of any kit, the light. The fixture itself is amazing, by virtue of its components but also due to its clean construction. Remember I'm used to waygo and marr connectors. Unfortunately moving the driver out of the tent requires an ordeal that includes voiding your warranty. But on the plus side it doesnt really get that hot.
The hanging kit is 4 braided and crimped cable and 2 ratchet rope pulleys. It works but I prefer s hooks and chain. The timer is a push pin type 24hr timer.

Opinions:
The net they include has very large spacing and cant be used as a scrog net, but is about right for your top net or if your not scrogging just a support for the crowns. Unfortunately its black and thick too, making it not ideal for me. The thermostat/hydrometer are your standard $4 dollar store setup. They work, not much else to say. The felt pots... I use felt pots frequently. This is the first time I've had a felt pot start to mold on me. Not the felt itself, but the stitching on the handle specifically. Not sure if this was a freak occurrence or not, but a quick swap to a standard pot fixed the problem.

The entire kit:

Facts:
The entire electrical footprint of this kit is about 125w. The light itself runs at 105w +/- 5w from my readings. I was able to grow 207g of dried flower with 16g of trim with this kit utilizing the scrog method in promix HP and feeding with general hydroponics flora series.

Opinions:

I am surprised I hit the 2g per watt mark. The light is technically too small for the tent, but i have to admit I wasnt expecting to hit the same number I get in my big tents with ample light. Admittedly the larf (popcorn) started much higher up though. In my normal setup with ample light I get 12 to 14 inches of hard buds before they start getting fluffy. And that's where I normally trim off during growing. In this setup only the top 8 to 10 inches were hard buds and the last 4 to 6 inches were progressively fluffier. I kept some of the not rock hard buds. But anything that was actually popcorn or easily flattened ended up in the trim.

Include a bit smaller of a tent or more likely a bit larger of a light. Another 50% more and I'm sure my results would have been more in line with what I usually turn out. I would scrap the felt pots and the net and include a small clip on fan for air circulation.
But that is about it.

All in all this is a great kit that has the potential to give you 200g plus of flower. Could you cobble together something better for less? Of course. But kits are aimed toward new growers or those who dont want the hastle of learning all the ins and outs of the gear then tracking down all the components and not actually knowing the potential of the system untill your money is spent. For many the kit is a no hassle, one box item that is known to work well. It takes the worry and guess work out of the equation and let's you get down to what matters. Growin that medicine!

This kit checks all the boxes. It does what it is supposed to and the gear is quality. I would reccomend this kit to anyone looking for one. 👍

I would like to thank Spider farmer for reaching out to me, and to most of you here at the farm who make this community worth being a part of.
Nice review!

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

First the facts!

Opinions:

Opinions:

Opinions:

Opinions:

The entire kit:

Facts:

Opinions:

But that is about it.

Cool review mate..straight to the point ..well done

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So over $500 for a $100 tent, $100 lamp and $75 in-line fan and some cheap accessories with cloth pots that somehow molded.

And you would recommend this kit to new growers as a good deal? What about the no name uva and far red diodes? You had opinions on those when you purchased your lamps?

the question is was it worth the price? That is what a review is for. Any gear will grow plants @BigCube. You have proved that previously even with household lamps.

Maybe their prices would be competitive if they would stop giving free shit away in return for only positive reviews? Why do they keep raising their prices? Have they become more valuable? At least you proved an excellent grower like yourself can get 2gpw with a knock off quantum board. But we already knew that from years of hlg products that they copied.

The only negative comment I have read is an honest grower here compared these direct with hlg in his grow rack and the spider farmer lamp ran much hotter and couldn’t be used without him re tooling his already working product. His light was free for testing too. But he found a huge negative that proves an inferior product. Of course you are comparing to kingbrite I guess. Not HLG.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

So over $500 for a $100 tent, $100 lamp and $75 in-line fan and some cheap accessories with cloth pots that somehow molded.

And you would recommend this kit to new growers as a good deal? What about the no name uva and far red diodes? You had opinions on those when you purchased your lamps?

the question is was it worth the price? That is what a review is for. Any gear will grow plants @BigCube. You have proved that previously even with household lamps.

Maybe their prices would be competitive if they would stop giving free shit away in return for only positive reviews? Why do they keep raising their prices? Have they become more valuable? At least you proved an excellent grower like yourself can get 2gpw with a knock off quantum board. But we already knew that from years of hlg products that they copied.

The only negative comment I have read is an honest grower here compared these direct with hlg in his grow rack and the spider farmer lamp ran much hotter and couldn’t be used without him re tooling his already working product. His light was free for testing too. But he found a huge negative that proves an inferior product. Of course you are comparing to kingbrite I guess. Not HLG.

I think you're a little off with that math. Also remember that Bigcube lives in Canada, where everything is more expensive. On their website now, it's $462 CAD and $380 USD.
()

Remember that the light has a thicker heatsink than HLG's and the same main diodes. It's not unreasonable to say that it's a $150 light, which is what they charge for it on their site, and the same price as HLG's. Also, the $75-ish carbon filter comes with the kit. Even if the tent is a $100 tent and the fan is a $75 fan, that's still $400 without pots.

There's plenty of room for improvement, as I said in my review, but it's difficult to make the argument there are many other options of that quality in that price range.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think you're a little off with that math. Also remember that Bigcube lives in Canada, where everything is more expensive. On their website now, it's $462 CAD and $380 USD.
()

Remember that the light has a thicker heatsink than HLG's and the same main diodes. It's not unreasonable to say that it's a $150 light, which is what they charge for it on their site, and the same price as HLG's. Also, the $75-ish carbon filter comes with the kit. Even if the tent is a $100 tent and the fan is a $75 fan, that's still $400 without pots.

There's plenty of room for improvement, as I said in my review, but it's difficult to make the argument there are many other options of that quality in that price range.

sounds like you took a free kit too. I decided not to take anything from this company last year because of their dishonesty and predatory marketing. Do you support their price increases? Have their budget builds become more valuable?

and what do you think was wrong with the cloth pots? Could the tent have similar issues? Cheap Chinese tents off gassing poison was a pretty big problem a while back.

you say the heat sink is thicker. I have never heard that before. Only that our grower measured his free spider farmer light to run appreciably hotter than the same size hlg.

Any more defense of a faceless fraudulent cooperation that is using you for cheap advertising?

Latest posts

Top Bottom