Spider Farmer SF1000 kit review!

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

sounds like you took a free kit too. I decided not to take anything from this company last year because of their dishonesty and predatory marketing. Do you support their price increases? Have their budget builds become more valuable?

and what do you think was wrong with the cloth pots? Could the tent have similar issues? Cheap Chinese tents off gassing poison was a pretty big problem a while back.

you say the heat sink is thicker. I have never heard that before. Only that our grower measured his free spider farmer light to run appreciably hotter than the same size hlg.

Any more defense of a faceless fraudulent cooperation that is using you for cheap advertising?

Um, yes. Of course I took a free kit and posted a review months ago. You'll notice that it's not all positives.

But that's not my point- I think you're painting with too broad of a brush and whatever legitimate gripes you have are being overshadowed by that. You haven't used the kit or even seen the things it contains in person, but you feel confident enough to say that it's not worth the money they're charging. The heat sink is significantly thicker than the one on HLG's equivalent wattage boards.

I haven't seen price increases. The kit has been in the $375-450 price range every time I've looked, as far as I can remember. The light has been $150 as long as I can remember.

I'm not saying that they're a perfect company, but they are what they are. A solid budget option for small, beginner-friendly lights and tents. All companies are predatory, they exist to take our money.

Specifically, what other options at the same price point do you think are better quality?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Um, yes. Of course I took a free kit and posted a review months ago. You'll notice that it's not all positives.

But that's not my point- I think you're painting with too broad of a brush and whatever legitimate gripes you have are being overshadowed by that. You haven't used the kit or even seen the things it contains in person, but you feel confident enough to say that it's not worth the money they're charging. The heat sink is significantly thicker than the one on HLG's equivalent wattage boards.

I haven't seen price increases. The kit has been in the $375-450 price range every time I've looked, as far as I can remember. The light has been $150 as long as I can remember.

I'm not saying that they're a perfect company, but they are what they are. A solid budget option for small, beginner-friendly lights and tents. All companies are predatory, they exist to take our money.

Specifically, what other options at the same price point do you think are better quality?

you can get a cheap tent like that for under $90 all over Amazon. And any hlg kit is a better deal. And I would never trust a cheap carbon filter. And if the heat sink is thicker why does the hlg run so much cooler?

And why don’t you care who gets your money? All companies are not like these fraudulent big Chinese corps that pretend to be a smaller personable company. It’s just a business model. Do the right thing for your own country. Or don’t but don’t pretend this is a company you respect. You have more to say about this kind of stuff than most. But now you feel you owe them I guess.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

you can get a cheap tent like that for under $90 all over Amazon. And any hlg kit is a better deal. And I would never trust a cheap carbon filter. And if the heat sink is thicker why does the hlg run so much cooler?

And why don’t you care who gets your money? All companies are not like these fraudulent big Chinese corps that pretend to be a smaller personable company. It’s just a business model. Do the right thing for your own country. Or don’t but don’t pretend this is a company you respect. You have more to say about this kind of stuff than most. But now you feel you owe them I guess.

HLG kits are almost double the price.

Again, I think you're missing my point. Essentially the only other option at this price point is from Mars Hydro, who have repeatedly demonstrated that they're not to be trusted. Sure, the cost of the combined components of the kit (or those of similar quality) might be less, but that requires time and research to determine. There are plenty of people that might find that time not worth spending- those are the people looking to buy kits.

It's not about me feeling like I owe them, I just feel that your criticisms are unfair. I've never said "SPIDER 👏FARMER 👏NUMBER 👏ONE 👏GROW 😎LIGHT 🌞WOW🐶 SUCH👏 PLANT 🌴 MAKE 🎄VERY 🌷 PERFECT 💎 GROW 🔥 ALWAYS!!" Just that they seem to be the best option at this price point.

If you had to buy from one of those two, which would it be?

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

HLG kits are almost double the price.

Again, I think you're missing my point. Essentially the only other option at this price point is from Mars Hydro, who have repeatedly demonstrated that they're not to be trusted. Sure, the cost of the combined components of the kit (or those of similar quality) might be less, but that requires time and research to determine. There are plenty of people that might find that time not worth spending- those are the people looking to buy kits.

It's not about me feeling like I owe them, I just feel that your criticisms are unfair. I've never said "SPIDER 👏FARMER 👏NUMBER 👏ONE 👏GROW 😎LIGHT 🌞WOW🐶 SUCH👏 PLANT 🌴 MAKE 🎄VERY 🌷 PERFECT 💎 GROW 🔥 ALWAYS!!" Just that they seem to be the best option at this price point.

If you had to buy from one of those two, which would it be?

there are hundreds of knock off budget lights to choose from and comparing watt for watt and tech for tech hlg does not cost more. But you say double like you work for spider farmer.

and that doesn’t even include the crappy spectrums sf has that they call “full spectrum”. Lol. The blue spikes are from cheaper diodes. Redder costs more.

BigCube

BigCube

I was asked the review a kit, not to review the cost, compare it to other equipment or evaluate claims made by the company. I did none of this in my review because the point of the review was to use the kit as intended and see what results I would get.

I've done that, and yes I would reccomend this kit to anyone looking for a kit. I might recommend many other kits too, though I havent reviewed them so how could I?

Take your salt and hatred of the company and shove it up your ass. I'm tired of listing to you cry on and on about shit nobody cares about like a little baby that needs attention. Come in here shit talking my review cause you dont like the company? Eat a bag of dicks asshole. Why you gotta come at me with your bullshit?
Just fuck off already. I am not spider farmer take your shit out on someone else.

This is exactly why after this thread I may not even come back. Asshole just directly attack you cause you dont have the same opinions they do.
Like this is the YouTube comment section or something.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I was asked the review a kit, not to review the cost, compare it to other equipment or evaluate claims made by the company. I did none of this in my review because the point of the review was to use the kit as intended and see what results I would get.

I've done that, and yes I would reccomend this kit to anyone looking for a kit. I might recommend many other kits too, though I havent reviewed them so how could I?

Take your salt and hatred of the company and shove it up your ass. I'm tired of listing to you cry on and on about shit nobody cares about like a little baby that needs attention. Come in here shit talking my review cause you dont like the company? Eat a bag of dicks asshole. Why you gotta come at me with your bullshit?
Just fuck off already. I am not spider farmer take your shit out on someone else.

This is exactly why after this thread I may not even come back. Asshole just directly attack you cause you dont have the same opinions they do.
Mate don’t listen to the fucking flops, you’ve done a great review and all your posts and help you have done for me over my questions has been excellent .

BigCube

BigCube

Mate don’t listen to the fucking flops, you’ve done a great review and all your posts and help you have done for me over my questions has been excellent .

Yeah. I'm not an ignore the assholes kinda guy. If I have a CHOICE of environments I am in. It's not going to be one full of hostile asshole that will attack me because they dont like a product. I can go to any number of forums and post. Or none.

I am glad some people get value from my posts, but honestly it's not worth dealing with the man babies.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

a review obviously includes value for the cost. You have already stated that these lamps cost at least double what they are worth many times but you don’t say that here in your comprehensive fair review.

Take your free stuff and run away. You are the baby. When you agree to review for free stuff be prepared for comments. This is the internet. Not your private protected domain. And it shouldn’t be spider farmers either.

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

Yeah. I'm not an ignore the assholes kinda guy. If I have a CHOICE of environments I am in. It's not going to be one full of hostile asshole that will attack me because they dont like a product. I can go to any number of forums and post. Or none.

I am glad some people get value from my posts, but honestly it's not worth dealing with the man babies.
IKR!! Fucking Pompous Growers well Just yuppie arrogant jagaloons just ruin the whole vibe. I built my whole system myself!!! 600w Ballasts and All!! Self irrigation and Misting CO2 infused aerators all Under 500$!! I guess I would be made fun of by someone but fukit I just wanted to interject. “Thanks For Sharing”

BigCube

BigCube

a review obviously includes value for the cost. You have already stated that these lamps cost at least double what they are worth many times but you don’t say that here in your comprehensive fair review.

Take your free stuff and run away. You are the baby. When you agree to review for free stuff be prepared for comments. This is the internet. Not your private protected domain. And it shouldn’t be spider farmers either.

In my review I said "could you build a better kit for less? Of course". This is true of literally any kit you can buy.

Value for cost is an opinion. I admitted better kits could be made cheaper, I gave the numbers of both the cost of the kit and the yield of the kit. If that's not fair enough for you, I dont know what to tell you. Let people make their own value judgments? And maybe don't freak out on them when they dont align with yours?

My "free stuff" is gone already. I already have more tents and lights than I need. I did the review because I am genuinely interested in the products but am unwilling to buy them cause I dont need them. As you well know, I am using equipment better than this kit already.

The kit is gone because yes, another reason I took the "free stuff" is:

I gave it to a friend who I've been giving cannabis to for years. Not that it matters to anyone or you but she has issues that are somewhat helped by cannabis. She is unable to work and cant afford much in her disability benefits. I gave her the kit. I never needed it.

Not sure what's up with you man. Are you ok? Never seen you like this before.

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

In my review I said "could you build a better kit for less? Of course". This is true of literally any kit you can buy.

Value for cost is an opinion. I admitted better kits could be made cheaper, I gave the numbers of both the cost of the kit and the yield of the kit. If that's not fair enough for you, I dont know what to tell you. Let people make their own value judgments? And maybe don't freak out on them when they dont align with yours?

My "free stuff" is gone already. I already have more tents and lights than I need. I did the review because I am genuinely interested in the products but am unwilling to buy them cause I dont need them. As you well know, I am using equipment better than this kit already.

The kit is gone because yes, another reason I took the "free stuff" is:

I gave it to a friend who I've been giving cannabis to for years. Not that it matters to anyone or you but she has issues that are somewhat helped by cannabis. She is unable to work and cant afford much in her disability benefits. I gave her the kit. I never needed it.

Not sure what's up with you man. Are you ok? Never seen you like this before.
Temp Kelvin is Temp Kelvin doesnt matter if you have a 50$ light or a 1500$ light the difference is your application and growing a good crop doing it on the cheap thats what its all about. You r the man for helping someone out thats what we are supposed to be doing. Corporations build those damn 1500$ LEDs to make make $ cus you know you gotta repair or replace bulbs sooner or later and they know who the fuck gonna replace those damn little ass bulbs that are prolly installed in a series and (B) Id bet my left nut you need a commercial license to buy them. They do pay for themselves and those big ones are impressive I have to admit but I am in the same boat as your friend on SSDI cus they tried to clintonside me in Sacramento. lol. Long ass story. I need to write a damn book.
Anyway I applaud you and everyone else who helps out another human just because its the right thing to do. I think we all should get together and build or help build or create a non profit growing corp for instruction on building and helping them for cheap. We all put some expertise in and make it a CoOp so what we sell everyone gets some $

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

Hahaha,Class ,BigCube..haters are gonna hate buddy ...don’t let them get you down .peace & love from finchyboy..over n out ✌️❤️

Top Bottom